What's new

Overseas Pakistanis will not vote in next elections!!

Even funnier that those who are extolling the virtues of remaining in Pakistan are in all probability trying to go abroad themselves, some successfully, most not.

Ironic, isn't it?

Remain in Pakistan?

Show one quote where I said that... I have been asking people to come back to Pakistan which a true bleeding heart like you should be able to do.

Aaah... your sadness and pity never ends...

You were asked to keep your money, and stay quiet.

And last I checked, I never called myself a "patriot". For what we know, you are the one who feels the need to drill in your Pakistaniat. And yes you can go cry hoarse with the admin about me being mean.

You are right - I have no choice than staying here.

My issue is not about people leaving. It's about people coming here and trashing those who are behind and being disrespectful at every given opportunity.

You might not have a a superiority complex (to be honest, this is the first time in all these years that i have known that u are a dual national), but others over here are willing to get this country carpet bombed and droned because they think only the lesser mortals live here. I think those people should just shut up for good.

Dekho... baat simple hai. I live in this country, and I deal with people in and out. I dont want say for instance a random doctor who graduated 25 years back and has made no impact on the policies influencing the future of young doctors to come here and talk about why people leave.

I find those people utterly and completely disgusting to the core.

If you feel this country will change with remittances, then let me tell you, money isnt everything.

I am against drone strikes.

I understand what you mean now that you wouldn't want overseas Pakistanis having influence on foreign policy. In fact I am against that.

But, most of us want to go out and work so that money can be sent home. That money should be used to improve the infrastructure and educational facilities in the country, so that young Pakistanis don't have to go to other countries looking for opportunities. They should be found right there at home.

That's what I believe at least.

I don't know who told you that and in what context, but me and Zakii were having a conversation about living expenses in the UK and Pakistan... and just comparing the numbers we realised just how bad the situation is for Pakistanis living here.

For instance, there are floods in the UK right now and there are floods here in Pakistan. But do you know the difference between the two...

you know why? Because you living in Pakistan have not been able to first elect the right people and then build a system that safeguards against such losses. In US, there are hurricanes and cyclones that literally devastates the whole cities. But do you hear stories of miseries and economy going down? Exactly opposite happens. The economy of the devastated region picks up.

But if any overseas Pakistani will try to help you find ways out of misery or give a free help, you guys will call it 'preaching', and 'holier than thou' attitude. Thats where our insight could help and it comes free because we are Pakistanis as much as you are! :)

I am against drone strikes.

I understand what you mean now that you wouldn't want overseas Pakistanis having influence on foreign policy. In fact I am against that.

But, most of us want to go out and work so that money can be sent home. That money should be used to improve the infrastructure and educational facilities in the country, so that young Pakistanis don't have to go to other countries looking for opportunities. They should be found right there at home.

That's what I believe at least.

Well, you are too young to do that and it's too early in your career to even think about others. First have a solid foundation.

It's the people from the generation before us who talk the walk, but now need to walk the talk.

Till they keep failing to do that, they have no right whatsoever to come and talk about what's wrong with Pakistan. I do have an issue with that, and will continue to do so.

you know why? Because you living in Pakistan have not been able to first elect the right people and then build a system that safeguards against such losses. In US, there are hurricanes and cyclones that literally devastates the whole cities. But do you hear stories of miseries and economy going down? Exactly opposite happens. The economy of the devastated region picks up.

But if any overseas Pakistani will try to help you find ways out of misery or give a free help, you guys will call it 'preaching', and 'holier than thou' attitude. Thats where our insight could help and it comes free because we are Pakistanis as much as you are! :)

Okay... quick question...there are so many members who are expats aand dual nationals, barring those in their 20s and 30s, who are still struggling in their careers, please tell me of ONE member who has influenced policies for any subgroup of professionals?

Can you name any expat, not the corrupt ones, who have made an impact in the lives of people - and pls dont tell me how u send remittances...

Those who are stretching their pockets to send remittances, please dont.

Yeh ahsaan na karein.

We say keep the money, and we will try our best to send some back to you as well.

yeh ehsaan tum par nahee hai. pakistan is our country and we have right to opinion. and we have right to serve our country in a way we want to.

Of course. To criticize the person rather than trying to see the value of the advice is one of the reasons things remain as abysmal as they are. After all, that is easier than actually achieving something.

Mere Desi Pakistani Phir Se Pardesi Hogaye... feel sorry for you guys.

Anyway, it's a real test of your patriotism now, if Pakistan had been a choice for you don't bother but if you really want Pakistan out of this mess please make your voice counted - come and vote from your constituency, run campaigns, make people aware of their vote and it's power, create awareness among people to vote for the right candidates... honestly speaking Pakistan has never needed you the most as it is in the coming elections. Please come along with your families, make Pakistan vote, make it a land of prosperity, diversity and equality. You will be called Pakistani no matter where you are and what you become, don't lose your identity - Pakistan.

The coming election is either do or die for Pakistan. Come and make yourself counted.

How come overseas Pakistanis are any less Pakistanis than those who are sitting in Pakistan? What type of racism is that?

This is a typical Pakistani mentality to criticize without reason and to criticize the fellow countryman is the easiest job.

I ask the residents of Pakistan to see the line ups outside the embassies of gulf countries, US, UK and Canada. Those that want to leave Pakistan for a better future are to you traitors and Pakistanis of a lesser quality? Indeed your best minds are outside. If not, they are already planning to leave.

Why is that new Pakistanis that come here to Canada cite economy and security as the prime reasons for leaving the country and not because they had a feeling of any less patriotism?

Mere Desi Pakistani Phir Se Pardesi Hogaye... feel sorry for you guys.

Anyway, it's a real test of your patriotism now, if Pakistan had been a choice for you don't bother but if you really want Pakistan out of this mess please make your voice counted - come and vote from your constituency, run campaigns, make people aware of their vote and it's power, create awareness among people to vote for the right candidates... honestly speaking Pakistan has never needed you the most as it is in the coming elections. Please come along with your families, make Pakistan vote, make it a land of prosperity, diversity and equality. You will be called Pakistani no matter where you are and what you become, don't lose your identity - Pakistan.

The coming election is either do or die for Pakistan. Come and make yourself counted.

I do have a CNIC and i dont know how to register my vote. Another failing of this system that if the CNIC is issued, it should automatically be registered n the voter list.

I m coming because I want my country to be a better place. I want my country to have better future and I dont need a certificate from anyone. To hell with those who think we are any less Pakistanis.

Of course. To criticize the person rather than trying to see the value of the advice is one of the reasons things remain as abysmal as they are. After all, that is easier than actually achieving something.

There is no value in "advice" based on lies and misleading statements which is given by most hypocritical US nationals who pretend they still have their Pakistani nationality or nationalism in them.

Time will tell who achieves what... those people who got their education on public money and then ran away from here should be ashamed of what little they have done for this country after two or three decades. Really... speaks volumes about them.

Coming on an online forum to talk about being Pakistani is the easiest thing to do... empty vessels do really make a lot of noise.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Boys - me over and out. Nice debating with you.

I m coming because I want my country to be a better place. I want my country to have better future and I dont need a certificate from anyone. To hell with those who think we are any less Pakistanis.

Great to know that! If you come to Karachi, drop a line!

Why is that new Pakistanis that come here to Canada cite economy and security as the prime reasons for leaving the country and not because they had a feeling of any less patriotism?

Because it is the right of any person to yearn for prosperity and security. If the State fails to provide those on a consistent basis, then it is incumbent upon the person to seek any and all viable solutions. This has nothing to with perceived patriotism.

I do have a CNIC and i dont know how to register my vote. Another failing of this system that if the CNIC is issued, it should automatically be registered n the voter list.

When have you got your CNIC? If it's before March 2012 then your vote is already registered but where that we need to find... I can confirm your registration if you provide me your CNIC... even I can do it right now for you.

Because it is the right of any person to yearn for prosperity and security. If the State fails to provide those on a consistent basis, then it is incumbent upon the person to seek any and all viable solutions. This has nothing to with perceived patriotism.

Just to make a point; if you cannot be part of Pakistan in hard times when you're needed the most, how can you claim to be a patriotic Pakistani? The patriotism just went the drain when you flew and left the country alone in hard times...

Back
Top Bottom