What's new

Overseas Pakistanis protest in Islamabad, demand Pfizer vaccine

Wait? You mean to say that all these people aren’t experts? :sarcastic:
They made the vaccine --- it is effective,BUT!!! is it a perfect solution? No way, this is why everyone is researching further into it...
Everytime a new variant pops up - vaccine manufacturers are running up & down to confirm if their vac is effective against the mutation ---
everyone's body is reacting differently to the vaccine from each manufacturer --- so yes, they have no clue whats happening....
and btw if it makes anyone comfortable --- i got inoculated with Pfizer,a sibling with AZ, another with Moderna, parents with Sinopharm & someone else with SinoVac ....

so i have pretty much experienced them all within household .... :rofl:

They made the vaccine --- it is effective,BUT!!! is it a perfect solution? No way, this is why everyone is researching further into it...
Everytime a new variant pops up - vaccine manufacturers are running up & down to confirm if their vac is effective against the mutation ---
everyone's body is reacting differently to the vaccine from each manufacturer --- so yes, they have no clue whats happening....

Most of the real world vaccines (TB, tetanus, polio etc.) were developed over a long time
Covid vaccine was developed over a shorter period of time against a pathogen that has not been well studied. Hence the scramble to study variants.

Most of the real world vaccines (TB, tetanus, polio etc.) were developed over a long time
Covid vaccine was developed over a shorter period of time against a pathogen that has not been well studied. Hence the scramble to study variants.
thank you for acknowledging that -- I rest my case :tup:

Karachi: Overseas Pakistanis staged on Monday a protest at Islamabad’s F-9 mass vaccination centre, calling on the government to inoculate them with the Pfizer vaccine.

Saudi Arabia and some other countries in the Middle East are not accepting certificates of the Chinese-manufactured Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccine. In Pakistan, most of the vaccines being administered are Chinese.

In a press conference, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed had earlier stated that Prime Minister Imran Khan was engaged in talks with the leaders of these countries regarding the issue.

Holding placards, the protesters demanded that the guidelines by the National Command and Operation Centre regarding the Pfizer vaccine be changed. They said that they were stuck in Pakistan, unemployed, demanding that they be administered the vaccine approved by Saudi Arabia.

Talking to Aaj News, Parliamentary Secretary for National Health Services Dr Nausheen Hamid said that they had an understanding with Covax, the World Health Organisation's global shared vaccine programme, that the vaccine will be administered to health compromised patients on priority.

Last month, Pakistan received 100,000 doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine through Covax, the World Health Organisation's global shared vaccine programme. Federal Planning Minister Asad Umar had said that due to a limited number of doses, only those travelling abroad for Hajj or work/education will be administered the vaccine.

However, the NCOC changed its policy and said that only people with weak immune systems will be vaccinated with Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine.

The government will provide Punjab with 26,000 doses, Sindh 12,000, Khyber- Pakhtunkhwa 8,000, Balochistan 2,000, Islamabad 1,000, Azad Jammu and Kashmir 100 and Gilgit-Baltistan 1,000.
vaily awam has a habit of getting everything for free --- had they been in GCC they would have happily lived with the same vaccine & praised the leaders for that....UAE administered same vaccine & no one blinked an eye --- they were happy that they got vaccinated.... people in Oman and still waiting their turns & looking up at the leadership if they could get atleast their first dose -- but even that is not in sight....
Saudia .... idk what to say about them...they administered 1st dose of AZ , and when cases of blood clot came up and CDC banned it's use along with some EU states...then came a blanket ban.... as per my last info, Saudi Arabia was giving J& J jabs as second dose to those who receievd their first dose of AZ....

those were not able to get J&J as second dose, they were asked to wait till September & then be given J&J or pfizer or moderna....

Everyone country is running around like a headless chicken :D

Last edited:
Since when is Saudi a western country?
Infact, their response and covid management has been better than most western countries but they tend to follow the west as well. Either the pfizer or the sputnik could work - the Saudis did their rounds with Sinovac and found infections even after the second dose.

It all depends on the variant in play and efficacy.

and btw if it makes anyone comfortable --- i got inoculated with Pfizer,a sibling with AZ, another with Moderna, parents with Sinopharm & someone else with SinoVac ....

so i have pretty much experienced them all within household .... :rofl:

Just in case my sarcasm wasn’t obvious, I meant all of the so-called experts who inhabit this forum :)

Americans are just more crafty version of Indian in sham.
Pfizer don't mention their version of pcr test; unlike the sinovac trial based on high risk frontline workers in brazil ,where a highly sensitive pcr test was routine in a week. Though there are different sinovac trials in Indonesia ,turkey etc showing different efficacy rates,still the western media like to run with the Brazilians one selectively.

Meanwhile,in Pfizer trial,371 civilian individuals were excluded from the efficacy analysis for “important protocol deviations on or prior to 7 days after Dose 2.” What's undoubtedly suspicious is the glaring imbalance between groups in the number of these excluded individuals: 311 from the "vaccine group" vs 60 on placebo. Why five times more participants excluded in the vaccine group? .

These factors in their massive “3410 total cases of suspected, but unconfirmed covid-19 in the overall study population, 1594 occurred in the vaccine group vs. 1816 in the placebo group.”i.e.,20 times more suspected than confirmed cases

The profound role of pain and fever medications to mask thesymptoms can result in undetected covid-19 cases, such drugs could mask symptoms, leading to underdetection of covid-19 cases,and the results of pfizer trials indicate that these medicines were taken around 3/4 times more often in vaccine versus placebo recipients.
Their primary event consisting of a patient-reported outcome (covid-19 symptoms) & PCR test result thus followed......
And finally, Pfizer’s protocol says three Pfizer employees (now removed ...) formed the adjudication committee that did the assessment work. Yes, Pfizer staff members gave the 95% efficacy stamp.
That's why you get cases many about double dose pfizer vaccinated person dying of covid.
1623828452726.png

Meanwhile such is almost unheard of in case of sinopharm.

Last edited:
Chinese vaccines are perfectly working for us.

Screen shot from Pakistan's leading English newspaper/website (DAWN). Graph clearly depicting, covid cases going down day by day.

1623826670113.png

Karachi: Overseas Pakistanis staged on Monday a protest at Islamabad’s F-9 mass vaccination centre, calling on the government to inoculate them with the Pfizer vaccine.

Saudi Arabia and some other countries in the Middle East are not accepting certificates of the Chinese-manufactured Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccine. In Pakistan, most of the vaccines being administered are Chinese.

In a press conference, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed had earlier stated that Prime Minister Imran Khan was engaged in talks with the leaders of these countries regarding the issue.

Holding placards, the protesters demanded that the guidelines by the National Command and Operation Centre regarding the Pfizer vaccine be changed. They said that they were stuck in Pakistan, unemployed, demanding that they be administered the vaccine approved by Saudi Arabia.

Talking to Aaj News, Parliamentary Secretary for National Health Services Dr Nausheen Hamid said that they had an understanding with Covax, the World Health Organisation's global shared vaccine programme, that the vaccine will be administered to health compromised patients on priority.

Last month, Pakistan received 100,000 doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine through Covax, the World Health Organisation's global shared vaccine programme. Federal Planning Minister Asad Umar had said that due to a limited number of doses, only those travelling abroad for Hajj or work/education will be administered the vaccine.

However, the NCOC changed its policy and said that only people with weak immune systems will be vaccinated with Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine.

The government will provide Punjab with 26,000 doses, Sindh 12,000, Khyber- Pakhtunkhwa 8,000, Balochistan 2,000, Islamabad 1,000, Azad Jammu and Kashmir 100 and Gilgit-Baltistan 1,000.
Whole UAE injecting mostly Sinopharm or Chinese vaccines only KSA have some issues.

Chinese Vaccines are working for them as they very efficiently control their cases, I got my Pfizer dose but i do hear from people that some develop weird reactions from Pfizer (Georgia and South Carolina), Some Pakistani's I talked to in GA talked about Tested Positive after their 2nd dose even, but they Quarantine themselves and thankfully no deaths.

I don't understand why even educated members of PDF even have any doubt that Govt's including America, China, or Russia will Politicize the Pandemic and Vaccines? Don't they know that as Humans we have to stoop even lower in the Past? There is no Angel Country or any country that holds the moral High ground in this world, every Country is corrupt, done horrific stuff to other nations, to get where they are today, Playing Politics over the Vaccine to grab more orders hence more Dollars is very expected.

That's why you get cases many about double dose pfizer vaccinated person dying of covid.
1623828452726.png

Meanwhile such is almost unheard of in case of sinopharm.

very Indian of you to post an image rather than a link to the actual source. The man was 81 year old in very poor health diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure he died of a cardiac arrest with no pneumonia he was breathing unassisted. Pfizer is a vaccine not the fountain of youth, I know low IQ Indians such as yourself can't distinguish modern medicine from magic. :lol:

Last edited:
Chinese vaccines are perfectly working for us.

Screen shot from Pakistan's leading English newspaper/website (DAWN). Graph clearly depicting, covid cases going down day by day.

View attachment 753887

That is little to do with the Chinese vaccine and far more to do with lockdowns, summer heat/sun and naturally aquired immunity from previous infection.

Pakistan has jabbed just 2-3% of its population so far with the Chinese vaccines and so the numbers are far far too low to have any effect on virus transmission

You are comparing a private company with a market cap and a reputation to maintain with a bunch of leaders who care more about their image and did not have any qualms releasing the virus to the outside world
Market cap has nothing to do with anything..

We as scientists follow the data..

We all know reputation of different big companies..
Dont get me started..

Well these protesters can fly right off. Goes to show that you can take a Pakistani out of Pakistan but you can't take the Pakistaniyat out of a Pakistani.

1) The Pakistani government is not responsible for the idiotic regulations imposed by another government. They should protest outside their respective country's embassy.

2) The need of the most vulnerable is massively more critical and important than whining infants wanting to return home. They knew what was going on in the world, they came to Pakistan on their own accord. I still can't believe that these morons are demanding this.

Last edited:
very Indian of you to post an image rather than a link to the actual source. The man was 81 year old in very poor health diabetes, cholesterol and blood pressure he died of a cardiac arrest with no pneumonia he was breathing unassisted. Pfizer is a vaccine not the fountain of youth, I know low IQ Indians such as yourself can't distinguish modern medicine from magic. :lol:
The man who died was covid positive,he was admitted to hospital and died therein. Now make what of it as you wish.
There are a plethora of cases about double dose pfizer vaccinated people dying of covid. https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/8-fully-vaccinated-die-covid-maine-breakthrough-cases/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom