What's new

Overseas Pakistanis protest in Islamabad, demand Pfizer vaccine

Don't spread CPC propaganda here. illness visits by trial participants was confirmed with a PCR test. The report you cite is from a known antivaxxer.

Efficacy is being assessed throughout a participant’s follow-up in the study through surveillance for potential cases of COVID-19. If, at any time, a participant develops acute respiratory illness, an illness visit occurs. Assessments for illness visits include a nasal (midturbinate) swab, which is tested at a central laboratory using a reverse transcription- polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test.

Per your statement and the report, initial reporting is symptomatic and only confirmed by PCR. They do not do PCR testing for asymptomatic cases.

Per your statement and the report, initial reporting is symptomatic and only confirmed by PCR. They do not do PCR testing for asymptomatic cases.

blood samples are collected from all participants per protocol at a 32 day interval and tested for COVID antibody. The antibody blood test is as accurate as the PCR but at identifying past infections including asymptomatic cases.

blood samples are collected from all participants per protocol at a 32 day interval and tested for COVID antibody. The antibody blood test is as accurate as the PCR but at identifying past infections including asymptomatic cases.

Antibody test is NOT as accurate as PCR.

It has up to 30% false negatives.

Chinese / Russian Vaccines are valid , this need for Pfizer is unnecessary

China has controlled Covid-19 with their Local Vaccination and that is sufficient proof
  • Brazil also started to use Chinese Vaccine share
  • Italy also Thanked China for their Vaccine share

China was sharing vaccines , while other countries were hoarding vaccines

1b165bbfa409493fbdac005a498d8223.jpeg

Antibody test is NOT as accurate as PCR.

It has up to 30% false negatives.

you aren't very smart are you? when you repeat an antibody test every 32 days for two years it is super accurate. From your link PCR false positive rate = 20% and equal to antibody test = 20% .false positive rate.

The figure you cite is the range of false positive 0-30%....... range is not the rate.... the rate is 20% for blood test ...same as PCR.

you aren't very smart are you? when you repeat an antibody test every 32 days for two years it is super accurate. From your link PCR false positive rate = 20% and equal to antibody test = 20% .false positive rate.

The figure you cite is the range of false positive 0-30%....... range is not the rate.... the rate is 20% for blood test ...same as PCR.

I don't know where you got 2 years from in the original document. I searched for "2 year" "two year" in the entire document and found nothing related to your assertion. Also searched "32", no evidence supporting your assertion was found.

Typically in a citation you should reference a page number. Otherwise nobody knows whether you're just making something up in a hundreds page document, particularly when document search doesn't find it.

Nor do you have any answer for the original point, which is that asymptomatic cases are not accounted for. They only account for acute respiratory cases, pg. 13.

On page 14, it further disproves your assertion with their definition of efficacy: "For the primary efficacy endpoint, the case definition for a confirmed COVID-19 case was the presence of at least one of the following symptoms and a positive SARS-CoV-2 NAAT within 4 days of the symptomatic period"

Note how they don't seem to mention antibody tests here except to establish antibody titer (pg. 51) and make symptomatic COVID a requirement.

guniea pigs... all of you advocating one or another..of course unless you are being coerced into taking one for travel or workplace. they are trying it out on you.., any averse affects over time, you get it.. only time will tell which ones are safe; they may save you from a virus but may create new problems only....esp. once you start taking it every year or two to keep it potent.

Last edited:
I don't know where you got 2 years from in the original document. I searched for "2 year" "two year" in the entire document and found nothing related to your assertion. Also searched "32", no evidence supporting your assertion was found.

Typically in a citation you should reference a page number. Otherwise nobody knows whether you're just making something up in a hundreds page document, particularly when document search doesn't find it.

Nor do you have any answer for the original point, which is that asymptomatic cases are not accounted for. They only account for acute respiratory cases, pg. 13.

On page 14, it further disproves your assertion with their definition of efficacy: "For the primary efficacy endpoint, the case definition for a confirmed COVID-19 case was the presence of at least one of the following symptoms and a positive SARS-CoV-2 NAAT within 4 days of the symptomatic period"

Note how they don't seem to mention antibody tests here except to establish antibody titer (pg. 51) and make symptomatic COVID a requirement.

Search for Pfizer trial protocol. The trial lasts for two years Phase three isn't the last phase of the trial. Phase 4 of the trial ends in two years. Trial participants return to the clinic in 32 day intervals for sample collection.

Pfizer has a 95% after second dose
I am talking of j&j
Pfizet is useless in dveloping countries
Its cold chain is impossible to maintain.
Plus both have similar mortality and hospitalization data ..so how cares about infection rates

Karachi: Overseas Pakistanis staged on Monday a protest at Islamabad’s F-9 mass vaccination centre, calling on the government to inoculate them with the Pfizer vaccine.

Saudi Arabia and some other countries in the Middle East are not accepting certificates of the Chinese-manufactured Sinopharm and Sinovac vaccine. In Pakistan, most of the vaccines being administered are Chinese.

In a press conference, Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed had earlier stated that Prime Minister Imran Khan was engaged in talks with the leaders of these countries regarding the issue.

Holding placards, the protesters demanded that the guidelines by the National Command and Operation Centre regarding the Pfizer vaccine be changed. They said that they were stuck in Pakistan, unemployed, demanding that they be administered the vaccine approved by Saudi Arabia.

Talking to Aaj News, Parliamentary Secretary for National Health Services Dr Nausheen Hamid said that they had an understanding with Covax, the World Health Organisation's global shared vaccine programme, that the vaccine will be administered to health compromised patients on priority.

Last month, Pakistan received 100,000 doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine through Covax, the World Health Organisation's global shared vaccine programme. Federal Planning Minister Asad Umar had said that due to a limited number of doses, only those travelling abroad for Hajj or work/education will be administered the vaccine.

However, the NCOC changed its policy and said that only people with weak immune systems will be vaccinated with Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine.

The government will provide Punjab with 26,000 doses, Sindh 12,000, Khyber- Pakhtunkhwa 8,000, Balochistan 2,000, Islamabad 1,000, Azad Jammu and Kashmir 100 and Gilgit-Baltistan 1,000.

I think this requirement can be met.

Me when i see people discussing about different COVID Vaccines .... and acting up as if they are the experts when the makers of these vaccines don't even effing know whats going on....

1623809056815.png

Australia is western but east of Pakistan. To the best of my knowledge Saudi is the only nation besides China that has barred entry based on a white list of vaccines. Most nations accept any WHO approved vaccine.

So why does @Stealth blame western nations when we don't discriminate but says nothing of China?
Most Western states & Middle eastern states (GCC) were accepting International travelers who were innculated with Moderna...this was done at a time when Moderna was not even approved for emergency use by WHO....
It is all political chavery by the West & western influenced states --- i.e read puppets of west....

Speaking of efficacy of chinese vaccine then they are as effect as any other vaccine coming out of west --- at least people are not dying of 'rare' blood clot disease from AZ .... atleast you don't end up in hospital after 1st dose of AZ as you developed a severe immune response to the vaccine....

I will say again -- all the vaccines are good enough to provide protection against the virus -- whatever happening around us is nothing but political gimic --- ask these world leaders to remove the patents and let everyone manufacturer the Vaccine if they care about the ills of World so much....
If you're not vaccinated with pfzier, you are considered as non vaccinated in many western countries. Western world is already gone mad against China irrationally like we have seen the way Indians hate Muslims despite whether they're at fault or not. Look whats going on @ G7 meetup. Bunch of jokers gathered just to make a strategy against China. That's beyond my understanding, how could someone evaluate the effectiveness of pfizer and the Chinese. Just a political game....
couldn't agree with you more ....spot on

Last edited:
I am talking of j&j
Pfizet is useless in dveloping countries
Its cold chain is impossible to maintain.
Plus both have similar mortality and hospitalization data ..so how cares about infection rates

You are comparing a private company with a market cap and a reputation to maintain with a bunch of leaders who care more about their image and did not have any qualms releasing the virus to the outside world

Back
Top Bottom