What's new

Over 3000 Pakistanis protested against Nawaz in New York City !

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
f1c74ae4f0602f1282dd0d1af2e5e2b5.jpg

PTI supporters protest outside UN

A record crowd of Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf supporters on Friday staged a demonstration outside the United Nations building as Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif addressed the UN General Assembly.
More than 3,000 men, women and children filled a whole block stretching from First Avenue, where the UN complex is located, to the Second Avenue.
More people were still coming from different cities across the United States and neighbouring Canada. Friday is a working day here.
Carrying Pakistan and PTI flags, they chanted “Go Nawaz Go” , “Pakistan Zindabad” and “Imran Khan Zindabad” in a fenced area guarded by a strong police force.
Old residents here agreed that this was the biggest demonstration ever staged by Pakistanis for any cause. The rally was distinguished by the large presence of women who came with children.

I don't know if you realize this, but these people are really harming the country's self interest, when they protest their own head of government when he is on a diplomatic mission. Irrespective of your political inclinations, it is wiser not to denigrate the PM in a foreign country. Respect the position, even if you don't respect the person.

If the impression among other heads of govt and diplomats is that your PM does not have the support of or credibility of his own people, why would his words or speeches carry any weight among them? If he makes a speech about Kashmir (as he did), and Pakistanis are protesting against him outside, do you think anybody will take the issue seriously? (Not that the Kashmir issue will be taken seriously by the world at all, but I'm just giving an example.)

Look at the reception Modi is getting from Indian Americans. Now every word that Modi speaks, will be taken to be the authoritative, representative voice of the Indian people. So when he promises to invite businesses and industries into India, businessmen and industrialists would believe him. But when Nazaw makes a similar pitch, he wouldn't be taken seriously.

I don't know if you realize this, but these people are really harming the country's self interest, when they protest their own head of government when he is on a diplomatic mission. Irrespective of your political inclinations, it is wiser not to denigrate the PM in a foreign country. Respect the position, even if you don't respect the person.

If the impression among other heads of govt and diplomats is that your PM does not have the support of or credibility of his own people, why would his words or speeches carry any weight among them? If he makes a speech about Kashmir (as he did), and Pakistanis are protesting against him outside, do you think anybody will take the issue seriously? (Not that the Kashmir issue will be taken seriously by the world at all, but I'm just giving an example.)

Look at the reception Modi is getting from Indian Americans. Now every word that Modi speaks, will be taken to be the authoritative, representative voice of the Indian people. So when he promises to invite businesses and industries into India, businessmen and industrialists would believe him. But when Nazaw makes a similar pitch, he wouldn't be taken seriously.

You need to educate yourself on certain things before you comment. Modi is the elected representative of India, the votes he got were not the result of election rigging and hence the warm reception. YOu would have not said the same thing had Modi too came into power because of rigging.

you would be like a bomb, if it wasnt Modi the terrorist, who you elected, and not some Congress dude, whats his name, Sonia's son..

so better not poke your nose with stupid comments into other country's affair.

and that is the plan actually and intention behind having these protests everywhere against this corrupt and fake PM Nawaz....He doesnt represent Pakistanies in any way!

Shameful event for Pakistan.Americans and the world is laughing their *** off seeing the kind of welcome head of state of Pakistan is getting from its own people.It is not others fault when they don't take Pakistan or people of Pakistan seriously.

and that is the plan actually and intention behind having these protests everywhere against this corrupt and fake PM Nawaz....He doesnt represent Pakistanies in any way!

Who should be representing Pakistan then ? Don't tell me Taliban Khan. Confused people of confused Nation. They have problem with everyone be it Army,Musharraf,Zardari,Nawaz,Imran,AH. You confused bunch cannot be happy with anyone.

Back
Top Bottom