What's new

Over 3000 Pakistanis protested against Nawaz in New York City !

Shameful event for Pakistan.Americans and the world is laughing their *** off seeing the kind of welcome head of state of Pakistan is getting from its own people.It is not others fault when they don't take Pakistan or people of Pakistan seriously.
Who stopped PML(N) supporters from welcoming and supporting NS? Are there none in New York or this was also because of the London plan?

You need to educate yourself on certain things before you comment. Modi is the elected representative of India, the votes he got were not the result of election rigging and hence the warm reception. YOu would have not said the same thing had Modi too came into power because of rigging.
I'm aware of that factor - but has that really been proven? In any case, if the elections were rigged, then the first thing Pakistanis should do is to ask for reformation of the election commission (or whatever its equivalent in Pak is). Asking Nawaz to leave is only treating the symptom, not the cause. Ask for a fresh, free and fair election with an independent election commission, or if that cannot be built up in time, then ask for international monitoring. Simply asking a govt to vacate will not work - the people in govt won't simply give up their chairs, unless the situation turns that grave or the army forces them out.

Yes, I agree that if the elections were rigged (I don't know if they were) then NS is not a representative of the people. But in that case, your problem is a lot more fundamental - your problem is not who is in power, but why you election commission is not independant, free and fair. That's not even a political isue - I mean, it is not a problem of which party is ruling. It is a problem with the state machinery itself.

Who stopped PML(N) supporters from welcoming and supporting NS? Are there none in New York or this was also because of the London plan?

One who are protesting in NY are representing Pakistan and not PTI or PMLN. Do whatever you want to do in Pakistan, No one gives two hoot about it but please don't do this kind of stupidity in other country. No one is going to say PTI supporters are idiot everyone will say Pakistanis are fool of their own kind.

you would be like a bomb, if it wasnt Modi the terrorist, who you elected, and not some Congress dude, whats his name, Sonia's son..

so better not poke your nose with stupid comments into other country's affair.
I could reply in the same vein, but that would derail the thread. Suffice to say that Modi is not a terrorist, no matter how much you wish he was.

Anyway to make a larger point, if it was the congress that won the elections, we would have respected that as the mandate of the people - you do know that the congress was in power for the past ten years, right? Despite most PDF Indians despising them? Despite our political leanings, in the US or UN or anywhere abroad, we would not have (and did not) protest the head of govt in this manner. Now there is a difference, as @IceCold pointed out, that we have full faith in our electoral process and election commission, and all political parties and international observers agree that our elections are free and fair, but Pakistanis apparently do not have that faith. If so, as I pointed out to him, you shuold be working to build better institutions at home, not simply demonstrating against a party or individual abroad.

BTW I may or may not be a Modi supporter. For all you know, I could be a congress supporter. Regardless, my point about respecting the institution would remain.

I'm aware of that factor - but has that really been proven? In any case, if the elections were rigged, then the first thing Pakistanis should do is to ask for reformation of the election commission (or whatever its equivalent in Pak is). Asking Nawaz to leave is only treating the symptom, not the cause. Ask for a fresh, free and fair election with an independent election commission, or if that cannot be built up in time, then ask for international monitoring. Simply asking a govt to vacate will not work - the people in govt won't simply give up their chairs, unless the situation turns that grave or the army forces them out.

Yes, I agree that if the elections were rigged (I don't know if they were) then NS is not a representative of the people. But in that case, your problem is a lot more fundamental - your problem is not who is in power, but why you election commission is not independant, free and fair. That's not even a political isue - I mean, it is not a problem of which party is ruling. It is a problem with the state machinery itself.

This is exactly what we have been trying to do however Nawaz is the hurdle because he knows he cannot win a election which is free and fair and hence the demand for his resignation.

As long as Nawaz is in power, he will do everything in his power to just stop that.

0b6d72b963b434f07181ece7af191e16.jpg
af6604ca2239e1ae374f1261ca810c3e.jpg

2510204d5a44f1813d03f5a025f4fc69.jpg
293dcea80b41494a71dea7b4036e733e.jpg
4b5e1390da52a00a15962fefa11bc8eb.jpg
3026d2f58e59dcaa7b7f746fdf05df86.jpg
8c2eef17833974635ef808b80c1316f0.jpg
8ee4c7a82ee52195a7c9bd57db5499f3.jpg

3ddef60856b96f7b75abb6a828f339dc.jpg

e9e4640210c222401aef6e12d7e05f9c.jpg
2ce6e10ee758c84df7165710ea9b9e9a.jpg
7066ba344677751fb80086ec72b14df7.jpg

Look at how these people are standing behind fences, obeying laws.

Here, they run over parliament fences, fight police, threaten them and whatnot.

Anyway, this protest is more of the strength of PTI in nyc than about gonawazgo. Look closely how many flags carry PTI sign. Let's be honest, not entire Pakistan wants to vote PTI no matter what.

So, it was more of a "PTI" thing than "gonawazgo."

How did they pull off that much crowd, anyways Ro Imran Ro :( :( :P

Is this the actual "address" to UN or just a rehearsal......?...............:what:
you should see some other leaders speeches and see the attendance. Pakistan isn't important on the global scale anymore. It's only importance is that west hopes it doesn't fall to terrorists and they get their hands on nukes. Otherwise they'd left us like afghanistan. Which is why there won't be a heavy attendence. Not many countries want to invest in Pakistan

Huge embarrassment for NS
and nation

Come on, does he even care about what people think of him? As long as his factories are running, he's all happy. Saudi gov't will love his stay.

This guy is going to be gone, but the embarassment of Pakistan will stay.

Back
Top Bottom