What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am not trying to justify what is happening right now. I have more than mere rhetoric to speak out against N League.

I only lament that Khan played poor shots when on the pitch. Khan should have build a better team.

I do understand that PTI-led government was composed of shady elements and they showed their true colors when political situation began to deteriorate. This PDM experiment did not gain ground from thin air. Miscalculations of PTI-led government were taken advantage of to build a narrative against it and PDM and its backers found it easier to split PTI-led government.

N League definitely benefited from Khan's Buzdar gambit and neglecting Lahore.
People do not get to choose Chief Minister.
Khan's decision to replace Usman Buzdar was LATE.
Usman Buzdar might be a good man but he wasn't popular, not in Lahore to say the least. And I do not have remind how big Lahore is.

Omer Sarfraz Cheema could do a much better job than Buzdar.

As a leader, don't make stupid calls when you have your shot.

And what would the remedy to that be?

Elections, and a complete rejection of PTI from Punjab.

Not what is happening right now.

Let me tell you the other side of the story....

COAS seriously believes that IK closed his eyes on the corruption that involved his family. When he brought the evidences against some of the people who IK still hold very dear and near to him, IK had a very bitter exchange with him and later he asked Bajwa to change this guy.. that was just the beginning.

He also believes that the cypher and VONC were a coincidence.. the VONC preps were going on before cypher came to light.. and that IK took wrong benefit of the cypher.. Although establishment had a role in making VONC successful, the decision was only establishment's with no role of cypher that coincidently arrived around the same time.

He also believes that due to cypher, people started believing that Pak Army serves the interests of the US (which in his opinion is not true)..

He also believes that the cypher story was the main reason of IK's soaring popularity.. otherwise, economy was mishandled by the last govt.

After the assassination attempt, some people informed IK about the role of ISI.. which COAS believes that it was not true. Maj Gen Faisal Naseer was not involved in any assassination attempt.. and this was communicated to IK that his cypher story plus his "supposedly" false allegation is further increasing the hate among people against the Army.. He was first requested not to name and shame Faisal Naseer... but he didn't stop because he believed his sources more than the guarantees given to him by the establishment.

COAS also believes that Imran Khan did not want him to assume the charge of a chief.. and that he wanted Faiz Hameed who according to COAS served IK more and never informed him about his family's corruption..

After he became the COAS, he, through his channel Mr Parvez Ilahi, requested IK to not dissolve assemblies.. The people were not threatened and that's why Parvez Ilahi became the CM... this was also made clear to him that establishment was not managing things in Punjab and that IK was requested to not create chaos which is not acceptable to anyone.. IK rejected their demands and he dissolved the assemblies of Punjab and KPK..

That became the point of no return.. although a few times again it was requested and assured that ISI was not involved in his assassination attempt, or even Arshad Sharif's assassination, but Khan believed his sources more than anyone else.

It is now at the point of no return for both parties.. establishment has lost all the respect among public, while IK's popularity is all time high..

Who is correct... IK's sources or establishment's claims.. we will only know on the judgement day...

By the way, COAS is not a fan of sharifs.. he is a first hand witness of their corruption.... remember he was the ISI chief during Panama case.... the only point that has made him an enemy of IK is IK's bayania that has destroyed the reputation of Pakistan Army..

Please don't judge me when I am writing this.. just presenting the other side that I got to know from some well informed people.

Last edited:

COAS seriously believes that IK closed his eyes on the corruption that involved his family. When he brought the evidences against some of the people who IK still hold very dear and near to him, IK had a very bitter exchange with him and later he asked Bajwa to change this guy.. that was just the beginning.

He also believes that the cypher and VONC were a coincidence.. the VONC preps were going on before cypher came to light.. and that IK took wrong benefit of the cypher.. Although establishment had a role in making VONC successful, the decision was only establishment's with no role of cypher that coincidently arrived around the same time.

He also believes that due to cypher, people started believing that Pak Army serves the interests of the US (which in his opinion is not true)..

He also believes that the cypher story was the main reason of IK's soaring popularity.. otherwise, economy was mishandled by the last govt.

After the assassination attempt, some people informed IK about the role of ISI.. which COAS believes that it was not true. Maj Gen Faisal Naseer was not involved in any assassination attempt.. and this was communicated to IK that his cypher story plus his "supposedly" false allegation is further increasing the hate among people against the Army.. He was first requested not to name and shame Faisal Naseer... but he didn't stop because he believed his sources more than the guarantees given to him by the establishment.

COAS also believes that Imran Khan did not want him to assume the charge of a chief.. and that he wanted Faiz Hameed who according to COAS served IK more and never informed him about his family's corruption..

After he became the COAS, he, through his channel Mr Parvez Ilahi, requested IK to not dissolve assemblies.. The people were not threatened and that's why Parvez Ilahi became the CM... this was also made clear to him that establishment was not managing things in Punjab and that IK was requested to not create chaos which is not acceptable to anyone.. IK rejected their demands and he dissolved the assemblies of Punjab and KPK..

That became the point of no return.. although a few time again it was requested and assured that ISI was not involved in his assassination attempt, or even Arshad Sharif's assassination, but Khan believed his sources more than anyone else.

It is now at the point of no return for both parties.. establishment has lost all the respect among public, while IK's popularity is all time high..

Who is correct... IK's sources of establishment's claims.. we will only know on the judgement day...

By the way, COAS is not a fan of sharifs.. he is a witness of their first hand corruption.... remember he was the one during Panama case.... the only point that has made him an enemy of IK is IK's bayania that has destroyed the reputation of Pakistan Army..

Please don't judge me when I am writing this.. just presenting the other side that I got to know from some well informed people.

As if the chief himself is not corrupt. All army chiefs are 5X corrupt than any politician be it nawaz or zardari. Bajwas wife is a billionaire now.

Problem with the military is the laughable moral high ground they take when awaam has now seem their true face.

That became the point of no return.. although a few time again it was requested and assured that ISI was not involved in his assassination attempt, or even Arshad Sharif's assassination, but Khan believed his sources more than anyone else.

Who is correct... IK's sources of establishment's claims.. we will only know on the judgement day...

By the way, COAS is not a fan of sharifs.. he is a witness of their first hand corruption.... remember he was the one during Panama case.... the only point that has made him an enemy of IK is IK's bayania that has destroyed the reputation of Pakistan Army..

Thanks for sharing but Where is the Evidence of this supposed corruption that mighty Asim Muneer found why isnt it being followed up in courts rather than putting bogus FIRs on IK. I am not defending his wife nor him but where is the evidence show it to nation expose IK. The entire story is cooked to gain some sympathy for the deceiver.

As if the chief himself is not corrupt. All army chiefs are 5X corrupt than any politician be it nawaz or zardari. Bajwas wife is a billionaire now.

Problem with the military is the laughable moral high ground they take when awaam has now seem their true face.
It was not about corruption.. in Pakistani politics you can't survive without that... it's about the belief that people's hate towards the establishment that many think is a permanent damage..

Where is the Evidence of this supposed corruption that mighty Asim Muneer found why isnt it being followed up in courts rather than putting bogus FIRs on IK. The entire story is ciooked to gain some sympathy for the deceiver.
It's not the corruption.. it's the "favors".. which people says is a form of corruption as well.. Anyway, just forget about corruption of favor.. that carries a little part..

Baqi yes, you are right, they should be presented in a competent court of law, not the Kangaroo courts of Pakistan.

Why should he not dissolve the assemblies because the COAS says so?

He has full right according to the constitution to dissolve the assemblies, COAS jaye bhar main.

This is the root cause of the problem, and you admit to it (or your source admits to it). This admission itself is an admission of guilt. Who the heck are you to dictate someone on whether to dissolve assemblies or not?

It wasn't IK's bayaniya that destroyed the reputation of the army, it is their own kartoot. Go and talk to the Major's and Captains in the army, and 70% will say FU to the COAS. I've got a fair enough sample size jis ki basis par main yeh baat kar raha hoon.

Army got played by the N league, and it all started during Bajwa's time. Us time jab Bajwa tarlay kar raha tha Nawaz Sharif kay keh elections kara lo, to Nawaz Sharif gave the middle finger to Bajwa because the estab itself made PDM strong enough.

Malik Ahmed Khan and Kh Asif tried to convince NS, but he didn't budge. Ab sab bhugto.

Tu Mere PRah kala nhin eh IMran gya te fauj v gyi te pakistan v gya. Bachna ithe kakh nhin.

Mullah Omar took 10 talibs with 2 kalishnikovs to capture a warlord that raped two girls and hung him from the barrel of a tank.

Saday khamosh mujahid bund vich ungal le ke sootay pe’aa…

Is this the Pakistan you guys want? Where having a different opinion or view can get your wives and daughters raped? What is this fucking India?

It seems ghairat of Pakistanis has died. If khamosh mujahid want to be khamosh, then we should invite Afghan Taliban for justice.

It’s like Raja Dahir story all over again..

This is fucking sick and not the Pakistan I want for my family and loved ones.

Malik Ahmed Khan and Kh Asif tried to convince NS, but he didn't budge. Ab sab bhugto.
And rather then doing penance for their action they have decided to double down and crush PTI. Just shows what kind of utter horseshit this story is. Moeiz Pirzada said it right Pakistani generals are only good at one thing and thats lying through their teeth.

Last edited:
Why should he not dissolve the assemblies because the COAS says so?
My opinion.. I don't agree with COAS by the way...... that it was a request only. And Khan was told that all the other political parties have this contention that after Khan wins in Punjab and KPK, there will be no independent govt during the GEs

What about the COAS closing his eyes on the billions made by his predecessors family?

Hamara kutta, kutta, tumhara kutta tommy eh?

A very valid point.

Who TF was Asim Munir as DG ISI to go to IK and tell about corruption?

Usay baki fauj kay andar corruption nazar nhn arahi thi? FC is the biggest smuggling network in Balochistan. They know each and every smuggling route and take commission. FBR and FC constantly fight over this.

Two former CJCSC have 20 kanal homes in Gulberg greens, and the incumbent is also making one.

A MG is making two houses in F6 Islamabad on 2 kanals each.

Ja kar Gujranwala depot main dekho, wahan betha Major khulay aam tender par rishwat mang raha hai for CMH contracts.

I can go on and on and on.

He has full right according to the constitution to dissolve the assemblies, COAS jaye bhar main.
Fully agree..
It wasn't IK's bayaniya that destroyed the reputation of the army, it is their own kartoot. Go and talk to the Major's and Captains in the army, and 70% will say FU to the COAS. I've got a fair enough sample size jis ki basis par main yeh baat kar raha hoon.
Agree! I am on your side guys.. that's why I said don't judge me..

Salaam

That became the point of no return.. although a few times again it was requested and assured that ISI was not involved in his assassination attempt, or even Arshad Sharif's assassination, but Khan believed his sources more than anyone else.

Who is correct... IK's sources or establishment's claims.. we will only know on the judgement day...

By the way, COAS is not a fan of sharifs.. he is a first hand witness of their corruption.... remember he was the ISI chief during Panama case.... the only point that has made him an enemy of IK is IK's bayania that has destroyed the reputation of Pakistan Army..

That makes sense feom the pov of the Chief but what I don't understand is how does the current plan of action mitigate and not exacerbate the problem of lost prestige of the institution?

I hope there is some sort of mediation that helps bring the temperature down and set us back on track to recovery as a nation. It shouldn't be impossible if it is as you say, a misunderstanding.

My opinion.. I don't agree with COAS by the way...... that it was a request only. And Khan was told that all the other political parties have this contention that after Khan wins in Punjab and KPK, there will be no independent govt during the GEs

So what?

Do you want to run the country on personal whims or by the constitution?

And that independent govt POV is nonsense. Why do you then have by elections in the country? Woh bhi mat karao phir.

Back
Top Bottom