What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last few days before we are doomed.. lol

if not khan, they will definitely dump economy

Arresting family members is a ghatiyya-tareen (I am being civil) harba that only the lowest of the low would resort to.

These idiots are not thinking through the scars being put on the nation's psyche due to their ill-conceived, stupid measures.
Arresting family members and threatening family members of overseas Pakistanis is still acceptable compared to what they are doing.

FwQ7BK-aEAACurv

If things go how they are right now, Pakistan will see a civil war very soon.

In Pakistan’s history we didn’t see a full fledged civil war because it was one province at a time being attacked.
Now it’s all provinces at once being attacked by the state.

This will definitely lead to civil war if establishment doesn’t come to their senses.

May Allah protect Pakistan from civil war and bloodshed. Ameen.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the term "presumed majority" as PTI already emerged as the largest political party in Pakistan during the last general elections held in 2018.
31% votes actually as per the 2018 general elections.
Following that, PTI has achieved substantial success in bye-elections, securing nearly three-fourths of the seats subsequent to the removal of Imran Khan in April 2022.
But same PTI lost 9 out of 11 bye elections during times of its own government from 2020 till 2021. PTI was unable to regain its own seats which it won in 2018 general elections.
PTI's popularity has consistently increased according to various surveys conducted since then. This heightened support for PTI is the primary reason behind the reluctance of PDM to actively participate in electoral processes and they are utilizing the entire state machinery in an unprecedented and ruthless manner to unconstitutionally delay elections until a time when Imran Khan has been somehow eliminated or politically sidelined.
Same PTI in writing assured Supreme Court of Pakistan in 2019 that it will conduct local body elections across Punjab. But those elections were conducted in 2021 which PTI lost overwhelmingly. After 8.5 years of power in KPK PTI not only lost 50 out of 64 Tehsil chairmen but also faced defeat in the city mayor elections in the largest cities of KPK including Peshawar. The delay was also unconstitutional. The defeat was inevitable.
Same blunder is committed by PDM now. They are scared because they criminally underestimated the gravity of situation....have and must face consequences.

Popularity in politics is an extremely temporary phenomenon. If Imran khan has gained popularity by creating anti American & anti establishment narratives, then he should have had indulged with the stake holders in considerate manner. He has miscalculated severely by picking up establishment. It's my opinion just.
I agree with your point about the importance of tolerance in political discourse though. However, it would be highly inaccurate to claim that the political discourse in Pakistan was decent prior to the emergence of PTI. At most, one could argue that PTI is not significantly better than other political parties, such as PMLN, when it comes to maintaining a respectful political discourse.
What i expected once that Imran Khan being graduate of Oxford, President of Bradford university will be able to fill the vacuum left by BeNazir Bhutto by not repeating the same blunders of 90s. Again my perspective.
If you are OK with accepting Rana Sanaullah in PMLN despite his public accusations of adultery against Maryam Nawaz and Kulsoom Nawaz with his controversial "Double Shift by Capt. Safdar" remarks, but you criticize PTI for accepting Sheikh Rasheed despite his tendency to name-call others, then, my friend, it can be seen as an example of plain hypocrisy.
Rana Sanaullah is pit bull of same category whose howling keeps reminding every Pakistani that next voter turn out should be 90% atleast in order to systematically erase such filth from our political turf. But again, i still wonder why and how Imran allowed Sheikh Rasheed to be that much close ? Ask yourself Sir, was that man that much capable to become Railways or Interior Minister of PTI government ? I can take many figures who should have been behind bars.
I appreciate your expressed concerns about our nation's progress but as you are justifying the use of unprecedented state brutality against political dissidents and opponents, along with their dehumanization, it is important to consider that by condoning such actions, there may come a time when you yourself could be subjected to similar brutality without anyone to advocate for your rights.
No one can justify whatever is happening right now.

487624_1917176_updates.jpg

• PTI chief says attacks on military installations were part of "organised conspiracy".
  • "PTI has ample evidence to prove miscreants were infiltrated into party workers."
  • Khan demands inquiry into vandalism, says all being done to ban his party.
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan has blamed the “agencies men” for arson and shooting in some areas during the May 9 violent protests, which were triggered following his arrest in the Al-Qadir Trust case.

In a tweet from his official handle on Monday, the former premier said his party has “ample amount of evidence” to prove that agencies' men carried out arson and shootings during the protests to blame it on PTI.

His statement comes shortly after the military's top brass vowed to try protesters and their abettors under relevant laws, including the Pakistan Army Act and the Official Secrets Act, after PTI workers and supporters stormed military installations on May 9, which the army dubbed as "Black Day".

The decision came during a Special Corps Commanders Conference (CCC) held at the General Headquarters with Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir in the chair, according to a statement from the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

Following the arrest of Khan, who has criticised the military since his ouster in April last year, the PTI workers stormed the military installations and ransacked the Lahore’s Corps Commander house, originally known as Jinnah House, among other public properties.

"The forum expressed [a] firm resolve that those involved in these heinous crimes against the military installations and personal/ equipment will be brought to justice through trials under relevant laws of Pakistan including Pakistan Army Act and Official Secret Act," the statement mentioned.

Without referring to the military’s statement, the PTI chief wrote: “We have ample amount of evidence to present to any independent inquiry that the arson and in some places shootings were done by agencies men who wanted to cause mayhem and blame it on PTI so the current crackdown would be justified.”

In a video statement, Khan said the government buildings and the Lahore Corps Commander's House were ransacked under the “organised conspiracy”.

He said miscreants were infiltrated into the PTI protesters and instigated his workers, video evidence of which he said available with the party.

“I want an independent inquiry [into the vandalism]..,” he said adding that this was all being done under the "London plan" to ban his party and put all the leaders behind bars.

Earlier in another tweet, he also shared videos stating that PTI Punjab chapter President Dr Yasmin Rashid and her sisters “clearly telling the protesters not to harm Jinnah house”.

“Clearly this was all stage managed by those who wanted to use this as a pretext to further crackdown on PTI, jail our workers and senior leadership along with me so that the assurances given to NS [Nawaz Sharif] in the London plan could be honoured,” he alleged.
It's too easy to smear our agencies and army they should do some thing about it

31% votes actually as per the 2018 general elections.

But same PTI lost 9 out of 11 bye elections during times of its own government from 2020 till 2021. PTI was unable to regain its own seats which it won in 2018 general elections.

Same PTI in writing assured Supreme Court of Pakistan in 2019 that it will conduct local body elections across Punjab. But those elections were conducted in 2021 which PTI lost overwhelmingly. After 8.5 years of power in KPK PTI not only lost 50 out of 64 Tehsil chairmen but also faced defeat in the city mayor elections in the largest cities of KPK including Peshawar. The delay was also unconstitutional. The defeat was inevitable.
Same blunder is committed by PDM now. They are scared because they criminally underestimated the gravity of situation....have and must face consequences.

Popularity in politics is an extremely temporary phenomenon. If Imran khan has gained popularity by creating anti American & anti establishment narratives, then he should have had indulged with the stake holders in considerate manner. He has miscalculated severely by picking up establishment. It's my opinion just.

What i expected once that Imran Khan being graduate of Oxford, President of Bradford university will be able to fill the vacuum left by BeNazir Bhutto by not repeating the same blunders of 90s. Again my perspective.

Rana Sanaullah is pit bull of same category whose howling keeps reminding every Pakistani that next voter turn out should be 90% atleast in order to systematically erase such filth from our political turf. But again, i still wonder why and how Imran allowed Sheikh Rasheed to be that much close ? Ask yourself Sir, was that man that much capable to become Railways or Interior Minister of PTI government ? I can take many figures who should have been behind bars.

No one can justify whatever is happening right now.
Inflation 2016 main 6% nawaz sharif sheer lol
roti 1998 main 2 rupees ki thi maryam double sheer lol

Professors who came from abroad to teach here are picked up and tortured for excercising a democratic right.

Way to go chaps.

Jo ginay chunay parhay likhay log mulk main hai unhain bhi bhaga do.

Enjoy ruling over a mob of bher bakrian, aur phir har saal 14 August par ISPR songs ki batti bana kar andar lay lena.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom