What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Establishment ko Samajh aagayi thi k jitna waqt guzarta ja raha hai halat hamaray liye badter hotay ja rahe hain aur hamari jaan bhi jaa sakti hai, jo k yaqini tha. bs islye wo Supreme Court k peron me ja ker giray k Khan ko bulao.

@RescueRanger @Jango part where even his juniors were promoted earlier..
Good program on Asim.. Unlike Mushi, he is not addressing dishearted juniors (after Kargil). He is trying to control using the patriarchy.
both Kiramat and Kiyani were called Baji as they were not macho.. but learned and civilised people.
One more take on feudal mindset.. KPK vs Punjab police

I somewhat agree.

Asim Munir till now still isn't 'leading' the army, he is just the COAS who is in office. He hasn't won the hearts and minds of the soldiers and officers yet.

But there's alot of conjecture in the video too, I haven't watched all of it though.

I think we can now believe this is true since a lot of people are reporting this.

I pray people around him advise him not to resign and support him. If majority corp commanders unite and refuse COAS orders can they still be court marshalled?

If corp commander’s have support of their unit , can they actually remove COAS?? ( please don’t give me chain of command and discipline speech) . Our military history is filled with traitors

The Tyrian White case is what they’ll use because it can be muddied and looked at subjectively and in turn use the ‘Sadiq and Ameen’ clause (itself very controversial and subjective - should be eliminated from constitution).

Other cases involving allegations of financial wrong doing etc don’t have any credible evidence supporting the accusations against IK.

Coming back to the Sadiq and Ameen aspect - I think the PTI should actually work with the PDM to remove this from the constitution and even make it retroactive to allow NA back, because all it has been used for is the Army manipulating things behind the scenes to disqualify politicians that refuse to accept their hegemony.

The focus should be on reforms for free and fair elections, an independent media and genuine free speech that allows open criticism and even abuse of ALL institutions. Contempt of court is not a public disagreement with a judgement or criticism of judges, it should be limited to a deliberate disregard of judicial rulings.

IN good old days

Maybe something good will come from this once this is all over. Perhaps reform of the military including veto power in CC to prevent COAS from wielding too much power. Making ISI independent from military and focused on external threats like other more successful agencies.

The CJ of the Isloo HC seems to be behaving in a very erratic manner, Can't CJP Bandial dismiss him? Or at least hold him in contempt?

Regards

You should ask honourable YLH about that

Supreme Judicial Council can remove him,as they did with another CJ of Islamabad High Court (Justice ShaukaT Siddiqui), but at this point CJ Bandiyal has not majority of like-minded members of CJC.

Supreme Judicial Council can remove him,as they did with another CJ of Islamabad High Court (Justice ShaukaT Siddiqui), but at this point CJ Bandiyal has not majority of like-minded members of CJC.
He have majority of 8,7 in Supreme Court, akh pat lahore eee

IHC CJ will need to step aside as his judgment has been quashed by three more superior court judges.

Superior courts are meant to there to rectify any flaw in lower courts, every day many decisions are lower courts overturned in superior court, so all lower courts' judges should step aside??

Back
Top Bottom