What's new

Ousted Prime Minister Imran Khan Arrested: News and Discussion

Is Martial Law/Emergency a real possibility after IK arrest?

• Yes

Votes: 145 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m hearing , Asim Munir is in Oman, and there are strong rumours that he won’t come back and will be sacked by COGS. Army personnel have stopped taking orders from high ups. Mutiny with in Army, can this be true?

That is not true.

There maybe some discomfort among the lower cadre but all will fall in line.

No matter how much we may criticize the Army's actions, a rebellion within its own ranks is the last thing the country can afford. Such an eventuality would lead the country to an outright breakdown of law and order, plunging it into utter chaos.
Technically not a rebellion if Chairman joint chiefs of staff somehow hypothetically manages to take control from COAS. As he is already his superior it will set up a precedent but not to the scale if junior officer removes COAS.

Asim Munir could technically fall mysteriously ill after eating a mangoe
That would be acceptable

and Faisal Nasser , would be discharged from Military so he can face the public 1 vs 1

Dear Karen,

When the Kashmir issue is settled, then we can discuss dividing it amongst the so called ethnic lines you can get off too, till then you can stuff it, as Kashmiris have bigger issues issues to worry about at the moment..

Kind regards

D.W
Dear D.W,

ok buddy- but you have to bear with my Karen-ess from time to time as I find the whole exercise rather cringe

Kind regards

Karen Molly Jutti

AFAIK, dirty harry was just doxxed. Have actual attacks taken place?

Several unverified videos claiming to show protests outside Maj Gen Faisal Naseer's residence are being widely circulated on social media. A few of these videos depict protesters throwing burning objects into the house, although the authenticity of the footage has yet to be confirmed.

No matter how much we may criticize the Army's actions, a rebellion within its own ranks is the last thing the country can afford. Such an eventuality would lead the country to an outright breakdown of law and order, plunging it into utter chaos.

That is correct.

A more amicable way via the SC and the CJCSC can be found out "IF" there is a will.

I’m hearing , Asim Munir is in Oman, and there are strong rumours that he won’t come back and will be sacked by COGS. Army personnel have stopped taking orders from high ups. Mutiny with in Army, can this be true?
that’s requires Ghairat. which they dont have by miles.
munity/coup requires personals from each branch armed forces to initiate and coordinate it at once.
folks from PAF needs to step up, there’s no hope from the army.

You are probably right but in past coups, the govt's were unpopular and people celebrated the coups. So, those dissenting generals didn't really have any backing
Okay, but considering the political situation in Pakistan, would a coup really be that unpopular today? I've heard from a number of PMLN/PPP/PTI/...ETC supporters that are tired of this shit show and that they'd rather end this charade by just hand over power to the military.

Now, that's not my own view and I think it's a fucking stupid idea, but this sentiment is on the rise and shouldn't be ignored. The conditions for a justifiable coup (from the military point of view) is increasing day by day.

A lot of Pakistanis dismiss Khalilzad, but the man knows what he's talking about, even when I find myself disagreeing with him.
Christian Fair would seem angel now.. too bad she has gone too far to believe bombing Pak is legit..

A lot of Pakistanis dismiss Khalilzad, but the man knows what he's talking about, even when I find myself disagreeing with him.

People point towards Afghanistan, but his job wasn't to bring peace to Afghanistan. Rather, his job was to create the conditions for a US withdrawal, which he absolutely succeeded in doing. It wasn't his fault that the elite house is run with sheer incompetence which basically fucked up his plans.

So I'd at least listen to what he has to say, even if I disagree with him.
pakistani hates him because hes has afghani roots. but if he was some random white dude everyone will hold him in high pedestal. typical gora is supreme syndrome.

and you are hearing wrong.

by the way indians are having somewhat similar thought but only after he is defeated by them (not sacked)

according to them having a Shia COAS has never worked out well for Pakistan in the past. they say Gen. M. Musa was beaten by them in 65 (he lost Lahore then Indian gave it back), then they beat Gen. Yahya Khan and took E.Pakistan and kept it. they say appointment of this Shia does not auger well for Pakistan he will lose AJK/GB to India and Blochistan to Iran, KPK to afghanistan

PS. why are you using a wrong location flag?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom