What's new

Our Indian headache!

Yes sir. I realize that.

Someone (not here) even told me to be careful of Pakistani girls (or those pretending to be girls). They become friendly off the forums on chats and soon trick you into divulging personal information, phone numbers, photos, details of your cities and parks and installations and shopping centers and such, etc. Could be completely harmless of course. But I know of some guys recently who were picked up by some official cell for questioning for doing exactly such. So while its nice to see our authorities are keeping tabs and on the ball, its also scary. Am sure not one of us, on either side, would consciously or unconsciously want to betray his country.

You're right. Something like this happened to a CRPF guy in Hyderabad not long ago.

You're right. Something like this happened to a CRPF guy in Hyderabad not long ago.

I am talking about a normal joe like you and me. Lowly IT guy. Suddenly whole building was cordoned off (in the IT park). Rumors of bomb threat etc. Then these guys entered the floor, went straight to the work station of one of the guys, picked him up, and took him away. No idea what happened to him after that.

Yes sir. I realize that.

Someone (not here) even told me to be careful of Pakistani girls (or those pretending to be girls). They become friendly off the forums on chats and soon trick you into divulging personal information, phone numbers, photos, details of your cities and parks and installations and shopping centers and such, etc. Could be completely harmless of course. But I know of some guys recently who were picked up by some official cell for questioning for doing exactly such. So while its nice to see our authorities are keeping tabs and on the ball, its also scary. Am sure not one of us, on either side, would consciously or unconsciously want to betray his country.

Btw, the owners of pdf own many other countries' online defence forums including one popular Indian defence forum. :)

Btw, the owners of pdf own many other countries' online defence forums including one popular Indian defence forum. :)

So they are a mixed nationality group? Pakistanis and Indians and Chinese and Russians and Americans etc.?

If Pakistan is a security state today, it is because since its very inception, India has exerted tremendous pressure on the nascent country through its soft power.

AT least the author has agreed that Pakistan is a security state

Whatever may be the reason or obsession ( Kashmir ) we cannot say

I am talking about a normal joe like you and me. Lowly IT guy. Suddenly whole building was cordoned off (in the IT park). Rumors of bomb threat etc. Then these guys entered the floor, went straight to the work station of one of the guys, picked him up, and took him away. No idea what happened to him after that.

I am a R&AW agent. I am planted on this forum to observe and report any anti-Indian rhetoric, especially by Indian and Bangladeshi members. Our tentacles spread deep. But ssshhh don't tell anybody okay, especially @seiko. He's my superior officer :what:

So they are a mixed nationality group? Pakistanis and Indians and Chinese and Russians and Americans etc.?

No no, what stops a Pakistani from creating an online Indian or Turkey defence forum? :)

Scary stuff.

I am a R&AW agent. I am planted on this forum to observe and report any anti-Indian rhetoric, especially by Indian and Bangladeshi members. Our tentacles spread deep. But ssshhh don't tell anybody okay, especially @seiko. He's my superior officer :what:

Could be. One never knows, does he?

No no, what stops a Pakistani from creating an online Indian or Turkey defence forum? :)

Nothing. But how or why would such forums run? Why would Indians go to an Indian forum controlled by Pakistanis?

Scary stuff.

There were two such pick ups. From different IT parks. The Biswas saga is happening across India. Hope we are not sitting on a ticking time bomb.

Nothing. But how or why would such forums run? Why would Indians go to an Indian forum controlled by Pakistanis?

Well, check the membership list if you don't believe me. Notice how Indian members especially who argue incessantly with Seiko and I suddenly go missing from this forum. We have track and trace capabilities

Well, check the membership list if you don't believe me. Notice how Indian members especially who argue incessantly with Seiko and I suddenly go missing from this forum. We have track and trace capabilities

I am totally Indian. And I only talk to Pakistani girls on the open forum.

There were two such pick ups. From different IT parks. The Biswas saga is happening across India. Hope we are not sitting on a ticking time bomb.

A popular online forum earns money, right? And how would anybody know the nationality of the owner of a forum?

There could be other objectives also, like spreading propaganda, espionage, etc. But earning money is the main goal, I think....!

A popular online forum earns money, right? And how would anybody know the nationality of the owner of a forum?

There could be other objectives also, like spreading propaganda, espionage, etc. But earning is the main goal, I think....!

I think you are right. The web admin and the the online owners eventually people get to know. But the backers who fund the site from behind firewalls no one knows.

Am sure a degree of data-mining must be happening even so with key words, flags, trend analyses, traffic and chatter monitoring, etc.

That's why I believe the Private Messaging function on such forums is the biggest sham. Nothing is private.

Back
Top Bottom