What's new

Our Heroes need their identity back

FmiLW7RacAAPYS2

Two legends in single frame! Legendary Air Commodore Syed Sajad "Nosey" Haider (retd) in cockpit of PAF Mirage IIIEA (IIIO) ROSE I He had flown older Mirage IIIEP during 1971 war, also had an encounter with IAF Su-7.
FTGhN5aWQAIYALn

this is air commodore (now AVM) Fawad Hatmi. He was Base Commander Sargodha during Swift Retort so needless to say instrumental in its execution. Son of Air Commodore Masud Haatmi and nephew of Air Commodore Saad Haatmi - both legendary air force officers in their own right. One of the new from Karachi doing well in defence forces

PAF's Supermarine Attacker from No. 11 Squadron Arrows with kill marks, denoting Hawker Furies it bagged during one of the DACT exercises. The person seen here is I think FS Hussain sahab.
Fm-0_hZakAAySCf

ACE of PAF

Story submitted by Lionheart Wife to a Martyr of #PakistanAirForce
It Was The Last Day Of August In 2006. Late Evening. Husband Had To Leave For Night Flying, Like He Always Did. Nothing New. I Was In Bed, Thinking How These Last Days Of This 3rd Pregnancy Had Been So Difficult . I Was Introduced To The Much Hated Thing Depression During These Months. What’s With All The Gloominess All Around . Everything Is So Different, Yet The Same. Monotonous.
No. It’s The Hormones. Everything is good. It Will Be Better. No. It Won’t .
The Day, For Most Of Us @ Masroor Base Karachi, Began As A Regular Day. However The End Of It Changed The Course Of Our Lives Forever .
Him : Yar, Where’s The Torch ( They Need It While Flying @ Night ). I Need It. Have To Leave In A Minute.
Me: *Thinking I Just Pressed His New Coverall For Him And Put All The Patches & Name Tag On It . Just Forgot To Put The Torch In His Pocket & How Come He Could Never Find Anything That’s Right In Front Of Him*
” Wait, It’s In The Top Shelf Of Your Wardrobe . I’ll Get It .”
Him: No, It’s Fine. I’ll Get It From The Squadron If I Need It. You Stay In Bed .
Me, However, Being A Little Particular About His Uniform & Flying Gear, Thought I Should Get It For Him In Any Case.
Till The Time I Got It Out Of The Bed & Got It For Him, He Was Already On His Way Down To The Car Park .
I Went Out To The Balcony Thinking I’ll Throw It To Him But He Was In A Hurry. My Eldest , Then 6 Year Old, Was Besides Me. Waving Good Bye To His Baba. For The One Last Time.
Stood There Till His Car Was Out Of Sight Thinking Another Gloomy Day. Or Is It Just Me?
Night Came. I Heard The Planes Took Off . Being A Pilot’s Wife You Know You’ll Hear The Landing Too After A While. I Did.
“Shukar Allah ka . He Should Be Home Soon, Better Get The Dinner Ready.”
An Hour Went By. Then Another.
“Well, That Never Happened Before. He’s Late. Why?”
Heard The Ambulances On The Main Road.
“Allah Khair … ”
Picks Up Landline. It’s Not Working. Dials His Number From The Cell. No Response .
That’s Strange. Why Is Everything So Quiet. Yet The Noises, What’s Going On? Another Hour Passed. I Get A Call .
The call a pilot’s wife dreads all her life.
The Coice Said: “kuch pata chala plane ka ?”
It was his father.
Me: “kiska plane?” Still Trying To Avoid What My Mind Was Trying To Tell Me.
My Mouth Uttered These Words & In My Heart I Knew The Worst Has Happened. The Thoughts I’ve Been Avoiding For So Long – I Have To Face Them Now.
A Few Hours Passed. I Saw People Coming In & Out Of The House.
“They Are Still Searching.”
“The Area Is Hilly … Maybe He Ejected.”
“We Were Unable To Establish A Contact.”
I Looked Up The Clear Sky With The Brightest Moon Possible, I Still Remember … & Knew It Was Not The Weather ... 3 am
We Are Sitting In Our Living Room. Me, Ladies From The Base, Friends, Officers.
I’m Thinking The Girls Are Fast Asleep. Good They didn’t Get Up .
I Hear A Transport Stop Outside . The Coaster He Used To Come Home In .
I Went Out On The Balcony. I See All The Officers From The Squadron Getting Off Of It. All In Coveralls. I See The Base Commander, I See The OC. I See Everyone. Just Not Him.
I Went Back Inside & Saw The Base commander Coming In . He Stops In Front Of Me.
Trying To Look @ Me @ Look Away At The Same Time. Takes Off His Cap.
“I’m Sorry.”
Everything Of That Fateful Night, After That, Is A Blur Yet I Can Remember Every SecondOof It.
“So it HAS happened … What now … What do I tell the girls when they wake up?”
“Should I Call Ammi ? And Say What To Her ? That Your Only Daughter Has Lost Her Husband @ The Age Of 27 ,With 2 Toddlers & 3rd On The Way? No. I Should Wait Till Sunrise Maybe.”
A Few Hours Passed Again … House Full Of People ... Coming & going . My Mind Was Registering Each & Everything , Yet I Was Hoping It’s A Dream.
I Packed . I Got The Girls Ready . We Came To Pindi For Burial The Same Day. No Words To Describe That Journey. In A C 130 With The Coffin Of Your Husband Right Besides You & Your Kids Asking Why Are There Flowers On It.
“Why’s Baba Not Coming With Us. Why Are We Going To Pindi While Nano Was Supposed To Come To Us ... !!!
I Had No Answer .
While looking at aircrafts flying fast, Brings Back All Those Memories. The Respect To The Uniform Is Ever So Strong.
MashaAllah For The PAF. Alhumdullialh To Be A Part Of it. No Matter How Short It Was.
Pakistan Zindabad.

326679531_879509523172252_5521389776555786396_n.jpg

326464500_1141982119960987_3942378510456503739_n.jpg

On 10 Dec 1971, when on a close support mission in East Pakistan, two PAF F-86s from No 14 Sqn were confronted by 06 IAF SU-7 Jets Flt Lt Taloot accepted the challenge & shot down a SU-7 in a challenging 6 vs 2 Dogfight. For his courage & dedication he was awarded Tamgha-e-Jurat

Back
Top Bottom