What's new

Our Heroes need their identity back

FmgVnrIaAAAFQhs
What a loss!! has there been any confirmation as to what happened? My feeling is that he was flying a tad too fast and therefore lost altitude much quicker than he had planned. I dont think it was G lock as you can see he had the plane in his control until the end. If that was the case then how can such a senior commander make such a mistake? PAF routinely trains on low level missions so why did this happen when everyone was looking? Still shocks me. this is the day i had been dreading ever since i was a kid and my dad and i used to watch the fly past in Pindi. He was the ACAS flight safety and always had a worried look on his face during the entire parade.

What a loss!! has there been any confirmation as to what happened? My feeling is that he was flying a tad too fast and therefore lost altitude much quicker than he had planned. I dont think it was G lock as you can see he had the plane in his control until the end. If that was the case then how can such a senior commander make such a mistake? PAF routinely trains on low level missions so why did this happen when everyone was looking? Still shocks me. this is the day i had been dreading ever since i was a kid and my dad and i used to watch the fly past in Pindi. He was the ACAS flight safety and always had a worried look on his face during the entire parade.
Confirmation is there of course. No doubt a well qualified pilot. But in this case, a string of procedural violations and not adhering to set procedures took their toll.

Pakistan Air Force Martin B-57 Canberra at Maroor Air Base, Karachi along with Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star and Shenyang F-6 Fighter Aircraft In Mid 80's.

Note - F-86Es From No 17 Squadron in the Background.

279386259_3051064088476353_5658060069993842398_n.jpg

Sherdil Aeros, Risalpur, 1981..

121707038_2641216099461156_1973815603783934948_n.jpg

Standing L-R: F/L Imtiaz Shaikh, F/L Arif Moeen, W/C Aamir Sharief (Leader), S/L Niaz Nabi (Reserve Leader), F/L Kaiser Tufail, F/L Amjad Rathore, Kneeling L-R: F/L Tahir Rafique, Unknown, F/L Zahid Qadeer.

Confirmation is there of course. No doubt a well qualified pilot. But in this case, a string of procedural violations and not adhering to set procedures took their toll.
@PanzerKiel, what procedural violations happened that contributed to the crash? Would appreciate any color on this. really curious. PAF is known to train pilots on low level missions so how can such a senior pilot commit procedural violations? Did the altimeter not get set to the right altitude as was the case with the similar Thunderbirds crash?

@PanzerKiel, what procedural violations happened that contributed to the crash? Would appreciate any color on this. really curious. PAF is known to train pilots on low level missions so how can such a senior pilot commit procedural violations? Did the altimeter not get set to the right altitude as was the case with the similar Thunderbirds crash?
It has been discussed in detail here on this forum...

Shahadat Anniversary Wg Cdr Jamal Akbar Afridi and Flg Off Saad Suleman. (16th January 2014)..

271894455_292489862919649_115236494475594040_n.jpg

272014314_292489896252979_7704101772461151867_n.jpg

It has been discussed in detail here on this forum...
all i saw were opinions rather than facts. I know MastanKhan talked about the fact that they did not take into account undulating terrain near Shakkar Parian which i found hard to believe. Others thought it was Glock which does not sound correct to me. Anyway these were hypotheses and opinions. Anyone know what the official AIB report said? This one was a public crash so wondering if anyone knows what really happened.

all i saw were opinions rather than facts. I know MastanKhan talked about the fact that they did not take into account undulating terrain near Shakkar Parian which i found hard to believe. Others thought it was Glock which does not sound correct to me. Anyway these were hypotheses and opinions. Anyone know what the official AIB report said? This one was a public crash so wondering if anyone knows what really happened.
I'm aware of the AIB, but some facts shouldn't be spelled on an open forum.

The reasons are best kept internal but he should not have been flying that day. As an example a PAF officer lost his father suddenly to an illness and was taken off flying. When he did return he wasn’t immediately handed a jet but instead eased into the air through backseat rides and slowly in a month or so brought back into the routine. Similar process should have been undertaken here but he was OC and there were other factors - that has nothing to do with his flying ability, officer calibre or his general relationship to his squad mates some of whom I repeat multiple times bawled like children when they realized what had happened.

Long story short - ancillary impacts of a job are missed at times - Murphy’s law.

Back
Top Bottom