What's new

Otokar unveiled Next Generation Cobra 2.5

i saw this vehicle's early vesion at IDEF expo in Istanbul

it looks good

Damn, you must have strong set of eyes to have seen Cobra 2.5 especially since the vehicle was not present at IDEF 2011.

BMC Vuran is direct competitor of Otokar Cobra's in Turkey.

DSC02391.jpg
DSC02390.jpg
DSC02385.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

BMC Vuran subsystems and chassis are also domestic developed by BMC...

:argh: i want both of them in the Armed Forces, not just one of them :smitten:

they're very nice and all, but what can they be equipped with ? mini-radars, mortars or just a machine gun or something...

Our main concern is the bloody mines on the roads that are detonated remotely, how about a signal jammer ?

those are very nice, but if the equipment are the size shown in Cabatlis pictures then they're too big, they need to be smaller, more compact.

Another concern of mine is that the equipment mounted on the vehicles are suppose to keep those inside safe. So having an oversized antenna installed that just transmits data to the command center is somewhat less useful.

those are very nice, but if the equipment are the size shown in Cabatlis pictures then they're too big, they need to be smaller, more compact.

Another concern of mine is that the equipment mounted on the vehicles are suppose to keep those inside safe. So having an oversized antenna installed that just transmits data to the command center is somewhat less useful.

flexible tactical radars or electro - optic Sensor systems are key to meet the needs of modern highly mobile forces. our soldiers need these systems with increased capabilities and mobility! and more importantly, beyond any doubt, providing this capabilities ensures the safety of our solders in the battlefield! God this sounds like an ASELSAN advertisement :lol: but its true!!!

BMC Vuran looks ugly!

Army should modernize all cobra vehicles to 2.5 type, the troops will be better protected against mines and other threats.

As long as troops dont get out of a Cobra to "take cover" when falling into an ambush (read convoy ambush) by pkk dogs then even the Cobra 1 is sufficient & as long as we continue to use outdated BTR junk in the east our boys will continue to be killed by pkk underhanded tactics of terrorism :(

Actually being ugly is important, vehicle should be good looking for psycological issues. But doing its job is much more important. If it does its job better than cobra it should be used.

BTW, cobra 2.5 looks amazing.

Sorry to revive this thread, but The Cobra 2.5 (in the original post of this topic) and the Cobra stretched look way better then the newly unveiled Cobra 2's in my opinion.

Was wondering on what your opinion's are concerning this.

Sorry to revive this thread, but The Cobra 2.5 (in the original post of this topic) and the Cobra stretched look way better then the newly unveiled Cobra 2's in my opinion.

Was wondering on what your opinion's are concerning this.

Cobra 2 and Cobra 2.5 are the SAME !!!

Cobra 2.5 has extra attached Armour.

madmustiknizv.jpg

Take this the Part of the Cobra and you get the One with Green Camo.

Back
Top Bottom