What's new

Otokar unveiled Next Generation Cobra 2.5

Cobra 2 and Cobra 2.5 are the SAME !!!

Cobra 2.5 has extra attached Armour.

madmustiknizv.jpg

Take this the Part of the Cobra and you get the One with Green Camo.
Thanks for the pictures.

It seems to me that the green one has less of the V-shape in the door area compared to the 2.5.

@madmusti, get a pair of glasses

Cobra 2.5's side armor is similiar to the Cobra 1's four-door version. Check out the slope
Fjlje.jpg

cobra25.jpg

Same angle on steel armor. Except for the add-on armor these two are essentially the same. Cobra 2 on the other hand looks like a complete new design.

"Otokar is responsible for the vehicle's hull and survivability package and has retained the traditional lower V-shaped hull all-welded steel armour, albeit to a higher level of ballistic protection."

Last edited by a moderator:
@LegionnairE

There is a Time Period over 1-2 Years between the new Cobra and the 2.5

You dont really wait for the 2.5 without any changes ? :)

(Bence bu Cobra-II ´de hersey icinde gizli).

There is a Time Period over 1-2 Years between the new Cobra and the 2.5

You dont really wait for the 2.5 without any changes ? :)

(Bence bu Cobra-II ´de hersey icinde gizli).
Please, don't fvck around. 2.5 was built for US armed forces' neeeds. They got attacked a lot by IEDs in Afghanistan lately so AM General decided to put some reactive armor on the sides for IEDs that could be planted on the side of the road. You can't put reactive armor INSIDE the vehicle unless you wish to incinerate the crew.

2.5 features are nothing but fancy looks for Turkish Land Forces Command. A new design of V-shaped all-welded steel chassis was the way to go and I think Cobra II achieved that. It gives more space to the troops, it's comfy. Four doors allow the crew to get in and get out easier. It's fine. Better than up-armored Hummvees for sure.

To be honest I find Ural more interesting, It'd be beautiful if we could transfer all shortlands in armed forces inventory to the police department and replace them with Otokar urals. This action could provide the police department with needed ballistic protection and give some mine-IED protection to the units that was assigned with shortlands before.

Please, don't fvck around. 2.5 was built for US armed forces' neeeds. They got attacked a lot by IEDs in Afghanistan lately so AM General decided to put some reactive armor on the sides for IEDs that could be planted on the side of the road. You can't put reactive armor INSIDE the vehicle if you don't wish to incinerate the crew.

2.5 features are nothing but fancy looks for Turkish Land Forces Command. A new design of V-shaped all-welded steel chassis was the way to go and I think Cobra II achieved that. It gives more space to the troops, it's comfy. Four doors allow the crew to get in and get out easier. It's fine. Better than up-armored Hummvees for sure.

I know that ,but you say too the Cobra II has archieved that.

The Front of the Cobra 2.5 looks like from Corba 2 but the HULL is from Cobra 1 ,all can see that V-SHAPE ,but i think we better wait for IDEF 2013.

I have only say there is no big difference between Cobra 2.5 and Cobra II.

They are from the Same Family.

You can Put Reactive Armour inside the Cobra ,where it will comes from the Doors and not the Crew.

We are not in 1980´s ,we are in 2013.

Maybe it´s difficult for the Cobra II but its possible.

You can Put Reactive Armour inside the Cobra ,where it will comes from the Doors and not the Crew.
You don't know what reactive armor is. It's basically a closed box that's full of explosives. You can't possibly put that inside the vehicle. It'd be the most idiotic thing that's ever done.

You don't know what reactive armor is. It's basically a closed box that's full of explosives. You can't possibly put that inside the vehicle. It'd be the most idiotic thing that's ever done.

No i know what it is.

It´s Possible ,but difficult.

Or do you think the Doors of the Cobra has no Armour ?

No i know what it is.

It´s Possible ,but difficult.

Or do you think the Doors of the Cobra has no Armour ?

My dearest brother, lets pretend that my body's reactive armor was made out of steel nails, turning me into something like a hedgehog. Now, what would the point of this "defensive" mechanism possibly be if the nails were to point inwards myself where all my vital organs are hidden? How would that protect me at all?

Baykuş;4245862 said:
My dearest brother, lets pretend that my body's reactive armor was made out of steel nails, turning me into something like a hedgehog. Now, what would the point of this "defensive" mechanism possibly be if the nails were to point inwards myself where all my vital organs are hidden? How would that protect me at all?

What i mean is a Special thing ,they keep it Secret so the enemy can´t see it ,i know it´s difficult too keep that kind of Armour in a Vehicle of this Size ,but it´s not impossible.

What i mean is a Special thing ,they keep it Secret so the enemy can´t see it ,i know it´s difficult too keep that kind of Armour in a Vehicle of this Size ,but it´s not impossible.

Brother; puting reactive armor inside is not a good idea while you can put it outside. İf you hide it inside the car you need a few times thicker second armor to protect the crew.

Lets say cobra has 5 cm armor. If you put reactive armor inside you need 15-20 cm another armor to protect the crew from reactive armor and the penetrator(IED etc). Guess what... Your light vehicle becomes a main battle tank without every equipment needed for a tank. Congrats you have a very very expensive, useless, meaningless heavy walking steel...

This is a very very simple explanation. If you want, we can discuss it more scientifically in Turkish.

(And i know what im writing too. I have license degree on physics and phd on metallurgy engineering.)

@mete I'm hangover as FVCK from the last night, even I don't have an imagination you do with all the power of alcohol. :tup: cheers bro! :cheers: You must be a fun guy in parties, mos def

thicker armor to protect the crew from reactive armor :D sH1t

Brother; puting reactive armor inside is not a good idea while you can put it outside. İf you hide it inside the car you need a few times thicker second armor to protect the crew.

Lets say cobra has 5 cm armor. If you put reactive armor inside you need 15-20 cm another armor to protect the crew from reactive armor and the penetrator(IED etc). Guess what... Your light vehicle becomes a main battle tank without every equipment needed for a tank. Congrats you have a very very expensive, useless, meaningless heavy walking steel...

This is a very very simple explanation. If you want, we can discuss it more scientifically in Turkish.

(And i know what im writing too. I have license degree on physics and phd on metallurgy engineering.)

But we need something that is very Heavy to Protect the Personnel.

But we need something that is very Heavy to Protect the Personnel.

That's what we got BMC Kirpi, Otokar Cobra & Kaya and soon maybe even Otokar Tulpar for. No need to make a 4 wheeled, not so powerfully armed and hard to transport box that only can carry half a dozen of men. :)

@ LegionnairE Thank you bro, i'm a little fun guy. I hope we will see each other face to face one day. I find your posts useful of information.

@ madmusti Brother; a design must be feasible to be produced. You can even build a vehicle which can endure thermonuclear explosions. But producing such a thing may not be useful in real life. All of us want our army to have a light vehicle which can endure 120 mm AP tank shell but producing this kind of vehicle is out of light vehicle design concept.

A light vehicle must be cheap, so you can produce more with your limited resources.
A light vehicle must be light so it can move faster, have manouver capability, higher range with minimum fuel.
A light vehicle must be produced with less material so it can be produced in high amounts with minimum material in minimum time if you are at war...

So heavy protection is out of concept and used in heavier vehicles defined with heavy guns, heavy armor, high endurance against atacks, very high cost etc...

Back
Top Bottom