What's new

Osama Dead. Obama Confirms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any pictures of OBL or the Mansion will be helpful-
Infact can some one use google earth to show us some cached images of the Kothi?-
Here in my office it is blocked-

Thank You-

The last time I checked google earth for Abbotabad, you cannot see the Kakool area... someone correct me if I m wrong...

As for the news... Finally... what a sigh of relief!!!!

Now the question comes... will the US get dafaa from AfPak?

There is no way on Earth the CIA could have done this on its own... Pakistan's help was crucial in this operation... I m getting one report that a US apache was used in the operation? Anyone got news on this... and guys please leave aside flame wars... we need to get as much info on this over here so post all news you get about this from your sources... many thanks...

The most wanted man in the world is 800 yards away (20-30 minute) walking distance from Pakistan's main military training academy.

Its my region and sir its not at walking distance so the outsiders need to first get informed about the area before they claim anything.

The same place your chief of staff visited 4 days ago(along with being a graduate of). Do you not find this alarming at all ? That ISI or the Military had no idea at all ? That there is a good chance operatives have infiltrated these agencies. I think your missing the concern here.

i am only alarmed at our pressure driven policy of not disclosing where exactly he was killed and why his body was brought there to later retrieve in last night operation.

Not possible. Somebody knew. Whether those in the know included Pakistani agencies is a matter of opinion. I wonder whether many Pakistanis who argue that there is no way that the Americans could have conducted the operation without the knowledge of the Pakistani Agencies/Army realise the dichotomy inherent in that argument when the same also argue that they (Pakistani agencies) knew nothing about Osama Bin Laden living in a comfortable house in a city close to the capital. This was a city, not some tribal badlands. If Pakistan suspected & wanted to do something with it (I have also pointed that the same would apply if the Americans trusted Pakistani agencies), all they had to do was turn up at the door in force. Could have identified who was there easily in a matter of hours, not taking as long as the Americans did because they did not trust that information with Pakistani agencies.

Unfortunately, most here are choosing to blind themselves to the facts (as presently known) and choosing to take refuge in imaginary concoctions of some pretty desperate minds.

1) Nobody knew about Osama before this. Not U.S., not Pakistan, not CIA, not ISI.
2) Operation cannot occur without input/support from ISI/Pakistan.

:hitwall: :hitwall: what a stupid news that is. Pure troll. Why couldnt they bury his dead body after showing it in media. They could have dropped it the Pacific ocean on there way back home. . .

On second thought they could have built a shrine and monitored those who go to pay their obeisance.

:hitwall: :hitwall: what a stupid news that is. Pure troll. Why couldnt they bury his dead body after showing it in media. They could have dropped it the Pacific ocean on there way back home. . .

maybe they fly via atlantic ocean instead of pacific ocean on their way back! that could be the reason!!

Four years to find Bin Laden 'mansion

Washington: US forces finally found Al Qaida leader Osama Bin Laden not in the rugged mountains of Afghanistan's border, but in a million-dollar compound in an upscale suburb of Pakistan's capital, with his youngest wife, US officials said early on Monday.

They were led to the fortress-like three-story building after more than four years tracking one of Bin Laden's most trusted couriers, whom US officials said was identified by men captured after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

"Detainees also identified this man as one of the few Al Qaida couriers trusted by bin Laden. They indicated he might be living with or protected by Bin Laden," a senior administration official said in a briefing for reporters.

Bin Laden was finally found - more than 9-1/2 years after the 2001 attacks on the United States - after authorities discovered in August 2010 that the courier lived with his brother and their families in an unusual and extremely high-security building, officials said.

"When we saw the compound where the brothers lived, we were shocked by what we saw: an extraordinarily unique compound," a senior administration official said.

Compound harboured 'high-value terrorist target'

"The bottom line of our collection and our analysis was that we had high confidence that the compound harbored a high-value terrorist target. The experts who worked this issue for years assessed that there was a strong probability that the terrorist who was hiding there was Osama bin Laden," another administration official said.

The home is in Abbotabad, a town about 60km north of Islamabad, that is relatively affluent and home to many retired members of Pakistan's military.

The building, about eight times the size of other nearby houses, sat on a large plot of land that was relatively secluded when it was built in 2005.

When it was constructed, it was on the outskirts of Abbotabad's centre, at the end of a dirt road, but some other homes have been built nearby in the six years since it went up, officials said.

Walls topped with barbed wire

Intense security measures included 3.6 m to 5.5m outer walls topped with barbed wire and internal walls that sectioned off different parts of the compound, officials said. Two security gates restricted access, and residents burned their trash, rather than leaving it for collection as did their neighbors, officials said.

Few windows of the three-story home faced the outside of the compound, and a terrace had a 2.1m privacy wall, officials said.

One million dollar property

"It is also noteworthy that the property is valued at approximately $1 million but has no telephone or Internet service connected to it," an administration official said. "The brothers had no explainable source of wealth."

US analysts realised that a third family lived there in addition to the two brothers, and the age and makeup of the third family matched those of the relatives - including his youngest wife - they believed would be living with Bin Laden.

"Everything we saw, the extremely elaborate operational security, the brothers' background and their behavior and the location of the compound itself was perfectly consistent with what our experts expected Bin Laden's hide-out to look like," another Obama administration official said.

Helicopter raid

A small US team conducted a helicopter raid on the compound on Sunday afternoon, officials said. After 40 minutes of fighting, Bin Laden and an adult son, one unidentified woman and two men - identified as the courier and his brother - were dead, officials said, and Obama was preparing a television address to the nation.

Abbotabad is a popular summer resort, located in a valley surrounded by green hills near Pakistani Kashmir. Islamist militants, particularly those fighting in Indian-controlled Kashmir, used to have training camps near the town.

The last time I checked google earth for Abbotabad, you cannot see the Kakool area... someone correct me if I m wrong...

leave the google earth . kakool is very much a protected area and the road leading to PMA is separated from main roads and sealed for civilians

US strike violates Pak sovereignty: Musharraf

New Delhi: Former Pakistan president General (retired) Pervez Musharraf called the operation by US forces to kill al Qaeda leader and 9/11 mastermind Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad near Islamabad a violation of Pakistani sovereignty.
"America coming to our territory and taking action is a violation of our sovereignty. Handling and execution of the operation (by US forces) is not correct. The Pakistani government should have been kept in the loop," Musharraf told CNN-IBN in an exclusive interview.
"Foreign troops crossing the border into Pakistan will not be liked by the people of Pakistan. US forces should not have crossed over into Pakistan," he said.

Musharraf, who was the chief of Pakistani Army before he orchestrated a bloodless coup in 1999 and took over the government in Pakistan, said that Pakistan has also been incurring the wrath of terrorists and has been an ally in the 'war against terror'. He said that all the forces trying to neutralise terror group should trust each other.

"If there is a lack of trust, it is bad. We are fighting the same enemy. It is wrong strategically and the issue of lack of trust is very bad. There has to be trust between the two agencies fighting the same enemy," he replied when asked if US claims that Pakistan was not kept in the loop about the operation against bin Laden were true.

He rubbished speculations that some Pakistani authorities were helping bin Laden and they helped him during his stay in Abbottabad, which incidentally also has the Pakistan Military Academy.

"There is no possibility of any local administration collusion but there could be involvement of some locals. There is an intelligence failure on Pakistan's part. I don't know whether Osama was staying there or coming and going. However, a house so close to the military establishment is a failure of intelligence of both US and Pakistan. Pakistan intelligence doesn't have the resource that US intelligence has," he said.

While claiming that bin Laden's death was a victory for the peace-loving people of the world, he also cautioned that just the battle has been won but war against terror continues.

"It's a victory for the peace loving people in Pakistan and world. His killing is a big victory," he added

US strike violates Pak sovereignty: Musharraf - Pakistan News - IBNLive

Man the picture which is shown is not even his! bull crap, I'm happy that USA made it official that he is dead, but the pictures which are released are just fake. this is the same guy who was shown in a fake video of OBL back in years, i mean the last video of BOL. now look at the link which i'm posting and look at the picture 1 and picture 2. In pictures you will see that before 2001 his sides of the beard was white and in the picture which is supposed to be yesterday picture. His beard is black from the sides. Now every muslim know that you don't color your beard. hahaha i'm waiting for open investigation stories in months to come.

gulfnews : Osama Bin Laden killed in CIA raid in Pakistan

Zabiullah Mujahid, Taliban spokesman in Afghanistan told BBC Afghan Programmes: "We are not saying anything about this story; our investigation is continuing and will talk about it later."

Zabiullah Mujahid, Taliban spokesman in Afghanistan told BBC Afghan Programmes: "We are not saying anything about this story; our investigation is continuing and will talk about it later."

1) Nobody knew about Osama before this. Not U.S., not Pakistan, not CIA, not ISI.
2) Operation cannot occur without input/support from ISI/Pakistan.

1. If Pakistan did not know where OBL was, how did they claim he was not in Pakistan?

2. The USA (Hillary on her visit to Pak in May last year), had claimed that they suspected that some people in the pakistani establishment knew of OBL's whereabouts.

On second thought they could have built a shrine and monitored those who go to pay their obeisance.

You would be looking at a 300000+ plus visitors..
every other sympathizer would be there..

it is plausible that a local JI/JUI politico was the one responsible..
I remember seeing some inflammatory material posted at the outskirts..
still.. funny how well dressed people still get stopped for "checks" in Islamabad.. while those fitting the profile stroll on through..
its quite likely that all it took for OBL to make it there were a few "pakhiar"s and a smile..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom