What's new

Osama Dead. Obama Confirms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its my region and sir its not at walking distance so the outsiders need to first get informed about the area before they claim anything.

800 yards is walking distance.

i am only alarmed at our pressure driven policy of not disclosing where exactly he was killed and why his body was brought there to later retrieve in last night operation.

Wait wait wait Are you saying he was killed and placed there ? I knew you didn't have much credibility but is it viable to move to conspiracy theories ? Possibly there is a element of denial here ?

so theres gona be more US operations here as Osama found in Pakistan.

Man the picture which is shown is not even his! bull crap, I'm happy that USA made it official that he is dead, but the pictures which are released are just fake. this is the same guy who was shown in a fake video of OBL back in years, i mean the last video of BOL. now look at the link which i'm posting and look at the picture 1 and picture 2. In pictures you will see that before 2001 his sides of the beard was white and in the picture which is supposed to be yesterday picture. His beard is black from the sides. Now every muslim know that you don't color your beard. hahaha i'm waiting for open investigation stories in months to come.

gulfnews : Osama Bin Laden killed in CIA raid in Pakistan

Gulf news if full of bharatis so no wonder they might had used the fake photoshoped picture spread earlier by Indians on net and later their Indian media

(CNN) -- As U.S. forces in Pakistan swooped in on Osama bin Laden on Sunday, at least one Twitter user was unknowingly reporting details of the raid.
Some of the first public accounts of the military operation that killed the terrorist leader came in the form of tweets from Sohaib Athar, a 33-year-old IT consultant in Abbottabad, the city where bin Laden was found.

Web reacts to bin Laden news
But the significance of Athar's posts wouldn't be clear until hours later when users of the social-networking site -- and the rest of the world -- learned of President Barack Obama's plans for a rare, late-night address to announce that bin Laden had been killed.
The first clue from Athar came after 4 p.m. ET Sunday. That was after midnight in Pakistan, but Athar was attentive because he often writes code overnight for American companies and sleeps during the day, he told CNN in an interview.
"Helicopter hovering above Abbottabad at 1AM (is a rare event)," he wrote.
Timeline of bin Laden's death Hideout wasn't remote cave after all The life of Osama bin Laden 'Amazing Grace' at Ground Zero
RELATED TOPICS
Twitter Inc.
Osama bin Laden
Pakistan
War and Conflict
His first reaction? Annoyance at the noise.
"Go away helicopter - before I take out my giant swatter," he wrote.
But soon, it was clear that more was going on than a random flyover. He reported seeing an airplane fly overhead, and later heard a vehicle driving very quickly, he said in an interview.
The ruckus was "not very usual for sleepy little Abbottabad," Athar said in an interview. "People go to sleep at 9 p.m. every night, and they drive very slow because of the hilly terrain."
Athar worried, as most anyone would, that terrorism might be involved.
"A huge window shaking bang here in Abbottabad," Athar wrote on Twitter. "I hope its not the start of something nasty."
He posted an incorrect local media report that a helicopter had crashed, or had been shot down (perhaps jokingly, calling it a UFO) and gave details of military cordoning off areas of the city.
Then, about eight hours after his first tweet, Athar acknowledged that he'd heard what happened.
"I guess I should unsubscribe from the #abbottabad search on twitter before it kills my machine," he wrote. "Leave Abbottabad alone, Osama and Obama."
According to what appears to be Athar's Facebook profile (it also lists him as a consultant and links to a personal website with the same name as his Twitter profile), he graduated from the University of the Punjab in Lahore, Pakistan, in 2001.
He also earned an MBA from Preston University, an online school headquartered in the United States, it says. His public profile page lists his religious views as "Myopic" and political views as "Anarchistic."
By early Monday in the United States, the online deluge for the man who also runs a small coffee shop was just beginning. As his tweets were discovered, the online messages and media requests began.
"Uh oh," Athar wrote. "(N)ow I'm the guy who liveblogged the Osama raid without knowing it."
According to the Twitter statistics tool TwitterCounter, Athar had 751 followers on Saturday. By Monday morning, he had more than 32,000.
CNN and other media outlets reached out to him for interviews. But, by Monday morning U.S. time, he seemed to only want sleep.
"I had been working all night and didn't anticipate that I'd need to stay awake till noon too," he wrote in an e-mail. He also tweeted: "Bin Laden is dead. I didn't kill him. Please let me sleep now."
After those messages and apparently after getting some sleep, CNN reached Athar for an interview Monday afternoon. He has also agreed to talk at length later about his newfound fame.

Twitter user unknowingly reported bin Laden attack - CNN.com

capt.335b9c1ccb03492e9673f06eb4acecbe-335b9c1ccb03492e9673f06eb4acecbe-0.jpg

capt.2db7642ff285442ba4857cf1a2dba7ef-2db7642ff285442ba4857cf1a2dba7ef-0.jpg

capt.df4e4272717445249439e9e5e12ec760-df4e4272717445249439e9e5e12ec760-0.jpg

Must watch

[video]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42875158#42875158[/video]

Its time Pakistan should change its ways , to much embraceable on world forms. Pakistani high ups can't even come up with one story.
If its a intelligence failure then Some one should resign from the top else some are still keeping Zia time alive. All those who believe in Gen Zia school of thought should be fired from Government services as there is no more Charley Wilsons in Washington.

1) Nobody knew about Osama before this. Not U.S., not Pakistan, not CIA, not ISI.
2) Operation cannot occur without input/support from ISI/Pakistan.

I think Zardari said that Pakistan had no idea about the whole thing.

chicken little advice --that's what most likely happened

That was one long "hunt". :lol:. The Americans seem to be celebrating already. Wonder what is their new destination.

My opinion.. This all was big drama played by US and triggered by Shuja Pasha's visit... I see many loop holes in the US story and no official pics/video is shared.. All looks trick for Obama's second term..

Apart from all this, the big thing a Brand of Terror is killed which was long awaited.. Now to see US & South Asia politics here onwards..

US feared Pak might 'alert' Osama about raid: CIA

Updated at: 2245 PST, Tuesday, May 03, 2011
WASHINGTON: CIA Director Leon Panetta said in an interview Tuesday that officials ruled out informing Islamabad about a planned raid against Osama bin Laden's compound as they feared their Pakistani counterparts might alert the Al-Qaeda chief.

Panetta told a British magazine that "it was decided that any effort to work with the Pakistanis could jeopardize the mission: They might alert the targets."

Panetta also told the magazine that the options presented to President Barack Obama included bombing the compound with B-2 bombers or firing a "direct shot" with cruise missiles. Air strikes were in the end ruled out because of the risk of "too much collateral," said Panetta, a reference to potential civilian casualties.

During White House deliberations, Panetta said he acknowledged there was only "circumstantial evidence" that Bin Laden was in the compound, as there were no spy satellite photos of the Al-Qaeda founder in the large compound.

Although his CIA aides were only 60-80 percent confident that Bin Laden was there, Panetta argued to Obama at a pivotal meeting Thursday that it was worth taking the gamble and that it was the best chance to take out the Al-Qaeda mastermind since a failed attempt in 2001 after the US invasion of Afghanistan.

He said he told the White House meeting, "when you put it all together ... we have the best evidence since (the 2001 battle of) Tora Bora (where bin Laden was last seen), and that then makes it clear that we have an obligation to act." (AFP)

US feared Pak might ''alert'' Osama about raid: CIA - GEO.tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom