What's new

Osama Dead. Obama Confirms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
mara..
If he was killed in FATA.. i would still not be shocked..
I made a trip to abbotabad two months ago.. went through that area.. bought gloves there from a vendor..
heck for all I know now.. Mullah Omar could be living in bahria town in Rawalpindi.

mara officials saying he was killed somewhere else and not last night.

But yes i agree in urban areas we need strict monitoring

@ Black bird
Although SEALS have done it but Pakistan has positive role. Hope inside stories will come out soon.
@ the brown guy
It can be possible that OBL was not be present in Pakistan in past.

WASHINGTON: Announcing the death of al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in an operation, President Barack Obama said counterterrorism cooperation with Pakistan led the U.S. to location of the militant leader's hiding.

In a statement, Obama said he also spoke to President Asif Ali Zardari on Sunday night. "It is important to note that our counterterrorism cooperation with Pakistan helped lead us to Bin Laden and the compound where he was hiding," Obama said, acknowleding the Pakistani cooperation.

He told Americans on Sunday night ten years after 9/11 terrorist attacks that "justice has been done." Obama noted that indeed Bin Laden had declared a war against Americans and ordered attacks against the Pakistani people.

"Tonight I called President Zardari and my team has also spoken with their Pakistani counterparts." Obama said "they agree that it was a good and historic day for both of our nations".

Going forward, he said, it is essential that Pakistan continues to join the United States in the fight against al-Qaeda and its affiliates.

The announcement was made by Obama from the East Room of the White House while a crowd of Americans gathered outside cheered the news.

Members of Congress were briefed on the news by Vice President Joe Biden throughout the weekend, according to a Senate aide.

President Obama said that on Sunday, a small team of operatives launched a targeted assault on a compound in Abbottabad where months of intelligence work had established that Bin Laden was living. Bin Laden was killed after a firefight, and his body was taken into custody. (APP)

@ Black bird
Although SEALS have done it but Pakistan has positive role. Hope inside stories will come out soon.
@ the brown guy
It can be possible that OBL was not be present in Pakistan in past.

Well I agree with you.

The multi-million dollar mansion that Osama bin Laden was living in at Abbotabad was "roughly eight times larger than the other homes in the area. It was built in 2005 on the outskirts of town," says MSNBC, quoting US intelligence sources.

The story, by MSNBC's Bill Dedman, says the compound had "12 to 16 foot walls, walled areas, restricted access by two security gates. The residents burn their trash, unlike their neighbors...and unusual for a multi-million-dollar home: It has no telephone or Internet service.

This home, U.S. intelligence analysts concluded, was "custom built to hide someone of significance."

MSNBC says intelligence sources say Osama himself participated in the gunfight with US security forces.

Terrorists are brainwashed chaps. They are not afraid to die.

Such ppl can be easily inflamed by showing them as to what the US did with their leader Osama.

you think that that they wont know that their leader died. The point is to prove the world he really died. .

well there are CIA operatives in KGB without CIA noticing themright under their nose . Whats the big fuss if OBL was living near an army establishment.

Indian minister P. Chadambaram reaction was out of diplomatic language. He was seeking India's benefit from this incident although India has nothing to do with this incident. A typical mindset prevails in India.

That is what they are elected for. Trying to get maximum benefit for India whenever and wherever possible. :)

Had that been the case, Obama would've mentioned pakistan more rather than just a passing comment about pakistan's cooperation

He has talked to Islamabad before that interview , our stand point is - if we disclose our role in this it could lead to hundreds even thousands of Pakistanis getting killed by Al-Qaeda affiliates in the area.

Pakistan foreign office is about to make a statement on the issue and it would be "measured" and "pre determined" to make sure that we don't get the credit for it.

Its a widely known fact that nothing significant can happen in Pakistan without the help of our Intel cloud the ISI. Why do you think we would ever allow US seals on our soil and let them do an operation if we didn't know what it was?

lolzzzz why dont you guys first correct your information about the distance and then speak up.

its more of a shame the despite you being super power you were hit by your own aircraft (9/11) .

so dont be so much excited because we are daily facing bombs and we are pitched at many fronts

The most wanted man in the world is 800 yards away (20-30 minute) walking distance from Pakistan's main military training academy. The same place your chief of staff visited 4 days ago(along with being a graduate of). Do you not find this alarming at all ? That ISI or the Military had no idea at all ? That there is a good chance operatives have infiltrated these agencies. I think your missing the concern here.

So all these funny Osama videos which came in between was made in Abbotabad????

The most wanted man in the world is 800 yards away (20-30 minute) walking distance from Pakistan's main military training academy. The same place your chief of staff visited 4 days ago(along with being a graduate of). Do you not find this alarming at all ? That ISI or the Military had no idea at all ? That there is a good chance operatives have infiltrated these agencies. I think your missing the concern here.

Kakul Military academy's Osama sniffing radar was down...

A former spokesman for Afghan President Hamid Karzai, Khaliq Ahmed, tells BBC News he is not surprised Bin Laden was found in Pakistan rather than Afghanistan: "We knew Bin Laden could not be in the Afghan tribal areas - the price on his head was too high. He had to be in Pakistan. We used to tell this to journalists and diplomats but they did not believe us."

BBC live feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom