What's new

Osama Bin Laden and his Beard

Muslims usually have a beard. But nowadays people are more moderate, and don't practice such traditions if they feel uncomfortable with it. Chinese issue is a separate one though, The Chinese muslims are sort of isolated from the Middle East. They have their own traditions and culture. Similar is the case in neighboring countries. Another factor is that China doesn't promote the type of Islam that Pakistan or Middle East follow. They have a modified version of Islam, which reduces the chances of people turning up against the govt. They follow similar rules with other religions, by distributing modified Bible and Quran, and even the prayer places are monitored to avoid and uprising.

It's better to let the people explain who something about it, specially when it may have something to do with religion or religious tradition.

Are you serious? Are you saying people listen to Zakir Naik and the other mullah and then decide whether it is okey to say merry chrismas?
No, I just gave this example to explain the difference of opinions among scholars and there are peoples who follow him and he is also follower of one of four imams
I thought people are already doing whatever they do(some say and some dont) and they just go along whoever is agreeing with them.

I cannot speak on behalf of everyone but what i see is that there are peoples who follow obligatory teaching of their religion and there are those who also follow Sunnah and others non obligatory things and then you have someone who don't follow any things or follow only some part of their religion. Commitment to religion vary person to person and you have liberal, moderate and extremist peoples in every religion.
If that is the case it must be exhausting keeping abreast of the latest dos and donts because they seem to come up with new things every day(football/kite/women driving car).

Its like me trying to find which food is good for health, and there seems to be some random university coming up with one thing or other that causes cancer. :)

I don't know what's your point but there are many things which are cultural rather than religious for examples burqa, and women not driving care etc. There are many minor things which are not obligatory/integral part of Islam so leaving them or doing them dont make much difference. I personally don't follow anyone blindly. I also use my own mind and common sense before accepting something as Islamic or non Islamic. There are many so called illiterate scholars so we should be careful before following anyone blindly...

I have seen a lot of Muslim men with beard but no moustache. Whats with that?

I have very strong opinion against it. It is seriously uncool.
Either have a beard and moustache or have only moustache.

On the original question raised by Chinese dude, may be you dont have a beard because Chinese people don't get facial hair.( I mean genetic thing).

true and if u keep beard then you have to shave moustache or cut it short for reason of cleanliness and avoiding food contact with moustache :D

5506870768_5fdd5687a5.jpg

true and if u keep beard then you have to shave moustache or cut it short for reason of cleanliness and avoiding food contact with moustache :D

Oh yeah that makes sense. I once did that, kept my beard and shaved off my mo, and my fiance said that I look Muslim:lol:

:lol: Or Him

16al_header_sm.jpg

Although my beard was no where as big.

oh man why he look so angry lol.

I like hashim amla south African cricketer. His beard never stopped him to score centuries :)

i am sure girls will be jealous here :P
Sir+Isaac+Newton+%25282%2529.jpg

Yes, it is. Beard is fardh (obligatory) in Islam. Some men might keep their beards because of culture too though.

Sir,

It is not a 'farz' to keep beard----. On the day of judgement--it will be the character of the man that will be judged and not the length or the presence of the beard.

To my chinese friend---man---a lots of chinese don't have facial hair---.

a beard is associated with faith.

Really, what is up with that!!!!!!!!!!! And even in Eastern religious cultures the same correlations applies!!!!!!!!

What do you think the reason behind this??????

I do. But I also know that we can't make own opinions and claim that it's from Islam. Scholars are there for a reason. But if there is a difference in opinion whether beard is obligatory or not, then ok. Allah knows best.

Btw, I'm not a brother, I'm a sister X3

Yes, scholars are there for a reason: Money.

posting 2 or 3 references will not solve this problem. I can post too ( but my experience in :pdf: say it will not help )

sunnat is a part of Islam and for 1400 years it has remained so. Denial by few wont change it. simple

Really? 1400 years you say?
Go fix your history before you speak.
All hadith were written 200-300 years after the ProphetSAW died, and during that time a lot of new fake hadith were fabricated, and some genuine hadith were corrupted, and few remained alive
And then this bukhari dude comes alonge and decides whcih are right and which arent, and then his students come along and do the same thing
And here we are today worshiping the works of Bukhari and co. as if they were guarded by God?

And please, answe all the hadith i have shown you, DO YOU FOLLOW THEM? THEYRE ALL CLEARLY AGAINST WHAT THE QURAN TEACHES.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Beard is Sunnah.

Proof? I say it isn't

Back
Top Bottom