What's new

Osama Bin Laden and his Beard

I did not say they're my beloved scholars. Muslims have showed me that site and they said it's very good. But that mermaid thing was very awkward...

Brother, it seems you have no idea about difference of opinion among muslims. :)

sunnat is Islam

Ah, and how do you prove that?
If yes then:
Volume 8, Book 82, Number 794: Sahih Bukhari
Narrated Anas:
Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine). They did so, and after they had recovered from their ailment (became healthy) they turned renegades (reverted from Islam) and killed the shepherd of the camels and took the camels away. The Prophet sent (some people) in their pursuit and so they were (caught and) brought, and the Prophets ordered that their hands and legs should be cut off and that their eyes should be branded with heated pieces of iron, and that their cut hands and legs should not be cauterized, till they die.

Book 11, Number 2142: Sunan Abu Dawud
Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:
The Prophet [HAD NOT] said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.

Book 38, Number 4448: Sunan Abu Dawud
If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death.

"Do not greet the Jews and the Christians (with the salam) before they greet you; and when you meet any one of them on the road, force him to go to the narrowest part of it.''
[Sahih Bukhari Book 25: 5389]

"I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us"[Sahih Bukhari 1: 8:387]

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Also mods, I havnt criticized any sect, I have only shared beautful knowledge from the glorious books of hadith :)

If he shaves his beard, probably he can travel around the world freely.

I noticed many Muslims have beards, just wonder if this is related to religion. But it seems most Chinese Muslims don't have this.

Hope someone can give me an answer.

Thanks.

:)

Prophet muhamed (pbuh) is said to have a beard

Brother, it seems you have no idea about difference of opinion among muslims. :)
I do. But I also know that we can't make own opinions and claim that it's from Islam. Scholars are there for a reason. But if there is a difference in opinion whether beard is obligatory or not, then ok. Allah knows best.

Btw, I'm not a brother, I'm a sister X3

I do. But I also know that we can't make own opinions and claim that it's from Islam. Scholars are there for a reason. But if there is a difference in opinion whether beard is obligatory or not, then ok. Allah knows best.

There is difference of opinion among scholars also.

Did not know it is such deep philosophical question, reading some of the comments it seems to be.

Btw, I'm not a brother, I'm a sister X3

Scholars could have difference of opinions about something which is not clearly mention in Quran. Scholars have different opinions about growing, shortening and shaving the beard. Some claim it is fard to grow a beard and haram to shave it and some say it is sunnah to grow a beard and it is makrooh (abominable) to shave it while others say it is mustahab (preferred) to grow a beard.

I think following the character and examples of prophet Muhammad(PBUH) is more important than trying to wear/eat what he(PBUH) did but its also depend on how firm you are in your beliefs and your intentions behind keeping beards :)

Did not know it is such deep philosophical question, reading some of the comments it seems to be.

Its not philosophical question but religious one with different perspective thats why you see Muslims with clean shave..Muslims only with moustache (like tamil hero) and some with beard without moustache ..some with boht :D

Its not philosophical question but religious one with different perspective thats why you see Muslims with clean shave..Muslims only with moustache (like tamil hero) and some with beard without moustache ..some with boht :D
How is it different from hindu/christian with/without beard/moustache/both/neither. Seems more like a personal choice to me, but each trying to justify their style using a verse they like?
I am leaving sikhs out for obvious reason.

How is it different from hindu/christian with/without beard/moustache/both/neither. Seems more like a personal choice to me, but each trying to justify their style using a verse they like?
I am leaving sikhs out for obvious reason.

As i said all scholars don't have same opinions regarding beard because of lack of evidence in Islamic sources thats why its common to see the difference of opinions among Muslims regrading keeping beard or shaving....For most peoples actions are more important than look ..look don't make you more Islamic as non Muslims could have same beard but they will not become Muslim just because of keeping beard :)

As i said all scholars don't have same opinions regarding beard because of lack of evidence in Islamic sources thats why its common to see the difference of opinions among Muslims regrading keeping beard or shaving....For most peoples actions are more important than look ..look don't make you more Islamic as non Muslims could have same beard but they will not become Muslim just because of keeping beard :)
I did not mean a hindu/christian can become muslim by keeping beard. I was just pointing to the fact that muslims keep their beard/moustache as they wish(like hindu/christians) and this searching for a verse to justify is an after thought( may be because some people insist and others feel uncomfortable and they oppose).

There are similar threads about hijab all over the place.

Ah, and how do you prove that?
If yes then:
Volume 8, Book 82, Number 794: Sahih Bukhari
Narrated Anas:
Some people from the tribe of 'Ukl came to the Prophet and embraced Islam. The climate of Medina did not suit them, so the Prophet ordered them to go to the (herd of milch) camels of charity and to drink, their milk and urine (as a medicine). They did so, and after they had recovered from their ailment (became healthy) they turned renegades (reverted from Islam) and killed the shepherd of the camels and took the camels away. The Prophet sent (some people) in their pursuit and so they were (caught and) brought, and the Prophets ordered that their hands and legs should be cut off and that their eyes should be branded with heated pieces of iron, and that their cut hands and legs should not be cauterized, till they die.

Book 11, Number 2142: Sunan Abu Dawud
Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:
The Prophet [HAD NOT] said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.

Book 38, Number 4448: Sunan Abu Dawud
If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death.

"Do not greet the Jews and the Christians (with the salam) before they greet you; and when you meet any one of them on the road, force him to go to the narrowest part of it.''
[Sahih Bukhari Book 25: 5389]

"I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us"[Sahih Bukhari 1: 8:387]

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Also mods, I havnt criticized any sect, I have only shared beautful knowledge from the glorious books of hadith :)

posting 2 or 3 references will not solve this problem. I can post too ( but my experience in :pdf: say it will not help )

sunnat is a part of Islam and for 1400 years it has remained so. Denial by few wont change it. simple

I did not mean a hindu/christian can become muslim by keeping beard. I was just pointing to the fact that muslims keep their beard/moustache as they wish(like hindu/christians) and this searching for a verse to justify is an after thought( may be because some people insist and others feel uncomfortable and they oppose).

There are similar threads about hijab all over the place.

No, actually its all depend on which scholar you follow and how much dedicated you are with your religion. For example if you look at topic about saying merry Xmas to non Muslims, you have one scholar(tahir Ul qadri) there saying its permissible while other(zakir naik) saying its not ok and they both have their own reasoning based on Islam and also some Muslims have selective Islam in their lives. There are many things in Islam which are not integral part of Islam and are open for debate..

Difference between sunnat-e-muakkadah and sunnat-e-gairmuakkada?

Muakkadah that needs to be perform. Having less importance than Farz

GairMuakkada There is no sin if you leave them. Having more importance than Nafal

No, actually its all depend on which scholar you follow and how much dedicated you are with your religion. For example if you look at topic about saying merry Xmas to non Muslims, you have one scholar(tahir Ul qadri) there saying its permissible while other(zakir naik) saying its not ok and they both have their own reasoning based on Islam and also some Muslims have selective Islam in their lives. There are many things in Islam which are not integral part of Islam and are open for debate..
Are you serious? Are you saying people listen to Zakir Naik and the other mullah and then decide whether it is okey to say merry chrismas?
I thought people are already doing whatever they do(some say and some dont) and they just go along whoever is agreeing with them.
If that is the case it must be exhausting keeping abreast of the latest dos and donts because they seem to come up with new things every day(football/kite/women driving car).

Its like me trying to find which food is good for health, and there seems to be some random university coming up with one thing or other that causes cancer. :)

Back
Top Bottom