What's new

Ordnance Factory Trichy to bring out rifle ''as good as AK-47''

MUHARIB

Reaction score
Tiruchirappalli, Mar 18 (PTI) The Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli (OFT) here is to come out with ''Trichy Assault Rifle'', which would be of the standard of AK-47 range of weapons, a top official claimed today.
Talking to reporters on ''OFT Day'' here, A K Prabhakar General Manager, OFT, said the rifle would be "totally indigenous" and when comissioned to the forces, it would be the "pride of the country".
The rifle would be christened as Trichy Assault Rifle, Prabhakar said. "Our customers both in army and para military forces have accepted (it) for trial runs and it is 7.62mm calibre with about 400 metre range. It is fitted with night vision, telescopic view, foldable butt and it is totally an output of Research and Development of OFT in this city", he said.
Similarly for the first time among the 41 OFTs in the country, OFT here is coming out with a multi-shell launcher, he said. Calling it a riot control device that would be "absolutely useful" in maintaining internal security, he said Central Reserve Police Force had already started the test run.
Prabhakar added 0.315 sporting rifle was gaining popularity across the country. Saying orders were "pouring in from many quarters", he said about 150 dealers across the country had booked for the rifle. With the orders exceeding 20,000 units, he said they had stopped accepting.
Prabhakar earlier opened an exhibition commemorating ''OFT Day'' as on March 18 about 210 years ago the first OFT of the country was commissioned at Alipore near Kolkata.

I came across this in the TOI today ..theres a pic in the news paper ..i am searching for a pic on the net will post it when i find it...if its a repost them my apologies.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Tiruchi ordnance factory develops new assault rifle - The Times of India ....TOI link

Its a conventional assault rifle with foldable butt and picatiny rails....looks compact than an INSAS...and its all BLACK :P

dying to see its photos,muharib do u have them if yes then pls post them.:sniper:

The Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli (OFT) here is to come out with ''Trichy Assault Rifle'', which would be of the standard of AK-47 range of weapons, a top official claimed today.
Talking to reporters on ''OFT Day'' here, A K Prabhakar General Manager, OFT, said the rifle would be "totally indigenous" and when comissioned to the forces, it would be the "pride of the country".
Now these people are talking about AK47 when we are talking about FINSAS. Terrorist have been using it for more than 2 decades mow. OFB seriously needs to be modernized. I bet, IA will reject it.

Now these people are talking about AK47 when we are talking about FINSAS. Terrorist have been using it for more than 2 decades mow. OFB seriously needs to be modernized. I bet, IA will reject it.

The AK-47 is one of the most robust weapons ever made, very easy to use, easier to maintain and always reliable. Why do you think it is the favorite weapon of terrorists?
The IA loves to use variants of the Kalashnikov, the will not reject it.

I think when they said its like ak 47 i think they meant its reliable like a kalashnikov ..the only part of the rifle which resembles a kalashnikov is the magazine.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

muharib can you take snap of the image in the paper and upload it??:cheers:

alrite i shall see :toast_sign:

Trichy OFT. Great job but need to give ur guns to police force. Indian army Dont like Indian guns. Sorry!

Ok i ve the pics on my laptop now ...how do i upload in the thread??...:help:

the link muharib gave tell about anti-sub rockets . Pls enlighten me on the topic!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom