What's new

Options for PAF After India Selects Rafale for MMRCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on yaar, you are a senior member and again you are dragging old LCA, poor innovations etc. LCA dream is at fruition. Kindly read more about it.

Cheers

Not dragging anything dear, your is about to bear fruition, while in the JF-17, we have already achieved our dream, hence it's not a compromise......i was just pointing that out.

Not dragging anything dear, your is about to bear fruition, while in the JF-17, we have already achieved our dream, hence it's not a compromise......i was just pointing that out.

So are you saying had PAF kitty full with $$$ they would have still gone for JF-17??? Let's talk logical here....Cost and fear of sanctions are for sure important reasons behind JF-17....So compromise is correct word to use in that context....Obviously with limitations in hand JF-17 was the answer that PAF came out with...Jf-17 will turn out to be a good platform but obviously it will take time...Anyhow all this hardly matters....bcoz peace is the way to go!!!

Only one option, ramp up your air defence!

Their DRDO is making a gadget almost every week, and now this rafale!!! :angry:

I have two options "stealth hypersonic cruise missiles with more and more nukes"

OR

Hydrogen bomb with a good bomber jet.

scrap j-10B deal
invest that money into block III and make it able to carry a ws-10A/B size engine and AESA.it will be no less than J-10B

and the rest of money into the single engine stealth fighter(as i heard that PAF officials has visited china and they have shown them a model of single engine stealth fighter)

its better to buy even J-11B than J-10B

i dnt knw why PAF is all after a fighter a little better than JFT II or comparable to JFT III(2016) and J-10B delivery by 2015.
waht is the difference than

No doubt J10B is the world class fighter. But why go for same multirole fighter aircraft projects?? India has chosen Rafale because they already have superiority fighter i.e Mig29. So there is no reason to buy Eurofighter unless they have no air superiority fighter.
J10 and JF17 are both multirole fighter aircraft. J10 has some + speed than JF17. But. Speed is not only decider factor.
JF17 Block2/3 is understandable to put same stuff as in J10B. i.e AESA radar....

But i said no need for J10 as they are almost for same role(multirole fighter aircraft).

In current scenario i see Reason to pursue J10b is if we get Ready available fighters.

The "Options" is Not Correct Word.
Now the ONLY "OPTION" is China.

Perhaps, Pray the GoP Wakes up before situation gets promoted to : The "Lost 3 Decades"

Rafale is one mean bird. Our only possible (effective) counter-measure will be our:

1)AWACs
2)AESA radar equipped planes.

The acquisition of a state of the art Air Defence system is now not an option but a necessity.

I would recommend 2 squadrons(about 40 aircraft) of Air-superiority fighters dedicated to the western border but at the moment our economic condition cannot allow such an acquisition.

I have two options "stealth hypersonic cruise missiles with more and more nukes"

OR

Not a good option at this time. Developing Hypersonic CM will be very costly. I think Pakistan should work/buy advance SAMs and stress on AWACs. Nukes/ hydrogen bomb are not a good option in today's conflict where fight won't long more than few weeks between countries like us.

OR

A pre-cursor to nuclear holocaust ?

Rafale is one mean bird. Our only possible (effective) counter-measure will be our:

1)AWACs
2)AESA radar equipped planes.

The acquisition of a state of the art Air Defence system is now not an option but a necessity.

I would recommend 2 squadrons(about 40 aircraft) of Air-superiority fighters dedicated to the western border but at the moment our economic condition cannot allow such an acquisition.
You completely read my mind. Advance AWACS, SAMs and J-10B (fast induction).

i missed a lot about MMRCA, so IAF finally chose Dassault, as i have guessed, EF is too much fuss to deal with....but Dassault all will come with one package (france)

I met with **** office member few days back. He told me that this year ... PAKISTAN ARMED forces dont have any budget anything simply...

He also told me that gripen Rafale was rejected because of PRICE not for "Requirements". He also said, even they don't have complete funds of SAAB AWACS. I asked him how PAF will go for advance fighter. He said we don't know how... we are loosing @ every VS game with our enemy. In fact this WOT the policy makers especially from mid-90s PAF failed to decide what they actually need and which kind of defence they need after 10 to 15 years and today PAF and full Armed forces are suffering badly this nuclear weapons will NO MORE deterrence after 2015's you cant use nuclear @ every surgical strike nor in any limited War.

I remember words of some Off**** "Pakistan Military not fight with Indian Military (not more then 24 - 48 hours) with full forces and equipment and why because today's battle much dependent on military tech especially Airforce and our Air and ground forces using 80s tech and few 90s tech... I don't know how much actually he was right but if i see today's situation after Mehran Attack, GHQ attack, OBL raid, Lahore training center and 10000 of events .. i feel that he was 101% right.

I met with **** office member few days back. He told me that this year ... PAKISTAN ARMED forces dont have any budget anything simply...

He also told me that gripen Rafale was rejected because of PRICE not for "Requirements". He also said, even they don't have complete funds of SAAB AWACS. I asked him how PAF will go for advance fighter. He said we don't know how... we are loosing @ every VS game with our enemy. In fact this WOT the policy makers especially from mid-90s PAF failed to decide what they actually need and which kind of defence they need after 10 to 15 years and today PAF and full Armed forces are suffering badly this nuclear is not deterrence.

obviously it was money factor and its correct that nuclear weapons are not an solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom