What's new

[Opinion] Imran Khan has emerged as a capable leader and Pakistan is extremely lucky to have him

Imran Khan has actually turned out to be an extremely incompetent leader who makes UTurns whenever any push comes to shove e.g. https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/896172-no-new-law-against-islamic-guidelines-in-my-rule-pm

No one should ever trust his word as shown from past experiences, he changes his decisions on a whim whenever there is little pressure.
He is more like a necessity rather than a choice.
Establishment supports him because he and them aligned on relations with India and on many international matters. In contrast Nawaz was an indian lackey in PM House.

IK domestic policies are deeply flawed. Governance getting worst because of bad selection and frequent changes.
Still he will win next elections with establishment support and I shall vote for him because alternatives are rotten nauseating Zardari, and nawaz snakelets.
Pakistan is in dire need of leaders because IK is not the answer to our problems, he has no cojones.

We can see where you coming from. Straight from the gutter of PMLN where a confirmed and self confessed criminal who used someone's else's passports to open bank accounts fraudulently was Finance Minister. Perhaps that was acceptable to you.
Similarly it was acceptable to you that he borrows money in private companies names and keep the figures out of national debts calculations. He is the one who was instrumental to pass the 18th Amendment, which has provided national resources to criminals like Zardari and Shahbaz Sharif to loot it to their heart contents.

The rupee was overvalued by huge margins, which made Pakistan practically bankrupt when PTI took over.
Even now, their henchmen are responsible for over pricing and created chaos in the country.
similarly the huge burden of circular debt was created by these evil doers. A burden which is increasing by time.
Rising oil prices have not helped, it has increased energy costs, which in return feed the inflationary trends.

The situation with commodity prices is exactly the same all over the world. India has seen more price rises than Pakistan.
In the UK smaller Gas companies are in deeper troubles, government is rescuing them. The Petrol is £1.38 to £1.45 a litter in the UK. Which equate to Rs £308 to Rs 323 per litter.
My weekly shopping for household food stuff, used to be £40 to £50, for similar baskets we are paying close to £65 to £70 a week. That does not include meat which we buy from halal meat shops.
All the gas and electric companies are raising their prices from October to as high as 25%. Mind you prices in the UK are already one of the highest in the world.

But you are more than happy to blame IK and PTI for it.
Grow up dude.
This is only dilemma of morons like you, I am not from the gutter of PML but infact its you people who are not only living in gutter of PML but also taking bath with the pee of peepee, let me name them , Usman Buzdar, ch brothers, shafqat mehmood, Fawad choudhry, Firdoss awan, shah mehmood Qureshi, Tareen 1 Tareen 2 , Hafeez shaikh , Haleem adil Shaikh, zulifqar Mirza the gangster his wife fehmeeda keep on adding, it's a endless list , infact its a slum of sins where gutters of filth and dirt and impurity flow on which peoples like you live and prosper , shameless filth of this world,
Take this reward of slap right on your face by CJP,it's fresh right from oven,

Last edited:
no one has brought about structural reforms, our friends who eulogize musharraf or Zia forget that during both reigns and immediately after that we had to run to IMF.
This is the crux of the problems. Sadly over decades a political economy has taken root which is now deeply embedded in Pakistan. Given the narrow majority PMIK government cannot root out this menace. Only hope is nest elections they get bigger mandate.

This is the crux of the problems. Sadly over decades a political economy has taken root which is now deeply embedded in Pakistan. Given the narrow majority PMIK government cannot root out this menace. Only hope is nest elections they get bigger mandate.

I doubt. Pakistan can only be saved by a strong and ruthless autocratic setup. This sham democracy wouldn't do.

I doubt. Pakistan can only be saved by a strong and ruthless autocratic setup. This sham democracy wouldn't do.
I see your point but the makeup of Pakistan does not make it amenable to a ruthless autocracy. Pakistan is too divided along ethnic, regional, religious etc lines for it to fall easily to autocratic rule.

It is very possible for a ruthless autocrat to emerge amongst the Sindhi's who would be able to gewt away with almost anything - like fuehrer of the German people. In fact you could regard Zulfiqar Bhutto as perfect candidate for a ruthless autocrat ruling Sindh with absolute control. However as we saw his hold on other ethnic groups did not have the traction. All it took was Mohajirs, Punjabis to go against him and it was over. But note the Bhutto dynasty still holds sway over Sindh. Now imagine if Sindh had been independant country? Bhutto's would be royalty by now with absolute powers.

Musharaf had huge following amongst Mohajirs but this was not replicated across other regions. Altaf Hussain would have been Adolf Hitler of Karachi if it was a city state.

Any ruler in Islamabad will always have to play very deftly to keep over half dozen power centres happy [including army] or it's bye bye time.

I see your point but the makeup of Pakistan does not make it amenable to a ruthless autocracy. Pakistan is too divided along ethnic, regional, religious etc lines for it to fall easily to autocratic rule.

It is very possible for a ruthless autocrat to emerge amongst the Sindhi's who would be able to gewt away with almost anything - like fuehrer of the German people. In fact you could regard Zulfiqar Bhutto as perfect candidate for a ruthless autocrat ruling Sindh with absolute control. However as we saw his hold on other ethnic groups did not have the traction. All it took was Mohajirs, Punjabis to go against him and it was over. But note the Bhutto dynasty still holds sway over Sindh. Now imagine if Sindh had been independant country? Bhutto's would be royalty by now with absolute powers.

Musharaf had huge following amongst Mohajirs but this was not replicated across other regions. Altaf Hussain would have been Adolf Hitler of Karachi if it was a city state.

Any ruler in Islamabad will always have to play very deftly to keep over half dozen power centres happy [including army] or it's bye bye time.

Valid point. Certain communist countries, like Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, etc. succeeded in maintaining strong institutional autocracies, for quite extended periods, over multi-ethnic states. I was thinking that perhaps it would be possible, at least, for some relatively short period, say 15 years.

Last edited:
Deng Xiaoping made reforms in the late 70’s and early to mid 80’s.
China’s economy didn’t skyrocket till the mid 90’s.

Homeboy passed in 1997.
1632937241159.png

Certain communist countries, like Soviet Union, Yugoslavia, etc. succeeded in maintaining strong institutional autocracies, for quite extended periods, over multi-ethnic states. I was thinking that perhaps it would be possible, at least, for some relatively short period, say 15 years.
Yes, I did consider them because that goes against what I said. But if you look below the surface you will see the reason which does NOT exist in Pakistan. Soviet Union was merely continuation of Russian Empire it succeeded. Russia and Russians are extremely cohesive, have strong identity and history of being ruled by autocras. From Peter the Great going back to Ivan the Terrible te Russian people had evolved under strong autocratic rulers. USSR was actually a Russian project with some outliers atached -sans Russian people USSR would not have lasted six months. The unified, cohesive culture of Russian people can still be seen in the 22 years plus rule of under strongman Putin.

The same applies to Yugoslavia and the Serbs. Punjab in Pakistan is the largest province but it has no history of a unfied, strong identity and or being ruled by strong central authority. The nearest thing to that is Sikh Maharajahs but that tradition sits in Amritsar today and not in Lahore. Punjab historically has had weak identity and limited political existence beyond the Sikh rule. The Potohar, Northern Punjab, Seraiki regions form separate blocks. In addition Punjab is riven along segmented clans, biradari's etc which work against a strong centre.

Yes, I did consider them because that goes against what I said. But if you look below the surface you will see the reason which does NOT exist in Pakistan. Soviet Union was merely continuation of Russian Empire it succeeded. Russia and Russians are extremely cohesive, have strong identity and history of being ruled by autocras. From Peter the Great going back to Ivan the Terrible te Russian people had evolved under strong autocratic rulers. USSR was actually a Russian project with some outliers atached -sans Russian people USSR would not have lasted six months. The unified, cohesive culture of Russian people can still be seen in the 22 years plus rule of under strongman Putin.

The same applies to Yugoslavia and the Serbs. Punjab in Pakistan is the largest province but it has no history of a unfied, strong identity and or being ruled by strong central authority. The nearest thing to that is Sikh Maharajahs but that tradition sits in Amritsar today and not in Lahore. Punjab historically has had weak identity and limited political existence beyond the Sikh rule. The Potohar, Northern Punjab, Seraiki regions form separate blocks. In addition Punjab is riven along segmented clans, biradari's etc which work against a strong centre.
it is almost dying of tbh, urbanization kills it
can Punjabi nationalism help Pakistan like it helped russia?
or it'll be just like other form of nationalism
hindrance to the union instead of helping the union

Right you are. But, still I wish, if it can happen, even for a short period, where Pakistan can come out of, at least, the economic mess, it is in. Some person or group, who can infuse some dynamism in this docile society for progress.

can Punjabi nationalism help Pakistan like it helped russia?
No, it won't help. To begin with Russian nationalism existed for centuries and had made the Russian Empire from which USSR was born. Pakistan on the other hand was not made by Punjab but was born as a elective fedration. Therefore why would Sindh or KPK play second fiddle to Punjab when they were equals in 1947 making of the country.

If Punjab had followed the path of Russians. That is in 18th century invaded all of Indus Valley and subjugated by militarty force Sindh, KPK, Balochistan, Kashmir then by 2021 you would have had 200/300 years of history behind Punjab being the maker and dominator.

That is not the case though

No, it won't help. To begin with Russian nationalism existed for centuries and had made the Russian Empire from which USSR was born. Pakistan on the other hand was not made by Punjab but was born as a elective fedration. Therefore why would Sindh or KPK play second fiddle to Punjab when they were equals in 1947 making of the country.

If Punjab had followed the path of Russians. That is in 18th century invaded all of Indus Valley and subjugated by militarty force Sindh, KPK, Balochistan, Kashmir then by 2021 you would have had 200/300 years of history behind Punjab being the maker and dominator.

That is not the case though
Technically Ranjeet kinda did, but that tradition went to other side and also British came

After 3 years in office he emerges as one of the best leaders imo since the 80s. A strong nation needs a strong leader and Imran Khan is the man for the job, We need to bring other similar characters thru the ranks but we most seriously be careful who comes thru the ranks. If Imran serves two terms I would like to see Shah Mahmood Qureshi replace him his at the Imran Khan caliber what we absolutely don't need in this country is tabloid and news paper sellers coming to power

Ee9Z58oXsAIctTV.jpg

DDwKfeEUMAAFAN7.jpg

ik-pti.gif
And all those doing haha maybe your kind deserve sharifs sharifness all the time danda in a$$ for halal and haram. These people in Pakistan fear not Allah but the power so they are alien to the idea of free mind and free soul only to be judged by Allah.
These sorry masses rally for anyone corrupt bcz it suits them but Allah's rule is same
One man to challenge the whole society and corruption and they can't handle
God bless Imran khan the true leader and not some 10 % or jahil like Nawaz sharif.

Back
Top Bottom