What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

Lala, in settled areas there are known type-B Taliban bastiz and colonies in various cities, towns and districts (I'll explain Type-B in PM)...... in summary they were being utilized under divide and rule, which eventually need to be taken care of. Which I think isn't that far-off. Now the question is, will/can we disarm them peacefully, which I feel as if isn't going to happen, so in all probability will need some sort of mini-operation-zarb-e-azb. I have come across many of these guns for hire, who aren't exactly very upright citizens.

The scale of this problem is huge. I am talking about more arseholes than we have come across in NWA. So what's going to happen? Will they be swept under the rug?

Elaborate more pls.

722202-MirAliareaofNorthWaziristanArmyISPR-1406139169-572-640x480.jpg

As per News Channel sources quoting inside info about today's concluding National Security Conference.
Participants were shown videos of dead TTP's terrorists as well as names were given of arrested Commanders.
What if some of these videos leaked outside, i wonder what will be the reaction of those posters then, who want to see proves of TTP taking hammering?

:pakistan:

I want to see the video which prevaiz rasheed was referring to in Capital talk,it was about Army backing out from the operation on last min as they thought it may lead to human right violation.

As per News Channel sources quoting inside info about today's concluding National Security Conference.
Participants were shown videos of dead TTP's terrorists as well as names were given of arrested Commanders.
What if some of these videos leaked outside, i wonder what will be the reaction of those posters then, who want to see proves of TTP taking hammering?

:pakistan:
I'll welcome it. i think the operation has been effective there aren't that many suicide attacks since the security in major towns as cities has been stepped up. but the senior leadership has escaped and will regroup so the problem is still there.

If you look closely on top, you will see another bomb is on its way

Not really. First it would be next to impossible to catch a JDAM GPU at it's speed. Second two guided munitions that close? Overkill. Most probably something that blew up.

@razgriz19 I believe i were wrong and you were right, it is another JDAM. I got an HQ pic of it.

PHs2H3i.jpg

TTP madarchods are now hiding among the IDPs and some have run off to afghanistan , their main adobes in NWA have all been destroyed.

I'll welcome it. i think the operation has been effective there aren't that many suicide attacks since the security in major towns as cities has been stepped up. but the senior leadership has escaped and will regroup so the problem is still there.

Area denial was the main objective. Insurgency does not disappear with operations. It is a long drawn out war, the state is in no mood to retire. So something has to give. When the main supply base within Pakistan evaporates then crossing over from Afgan with truck loads of explosives becomes impossible. Now this will result in cross border attacks, get something lose something.

Do not expect this op to be finish terrorism. The main aim is to cripple their supply within Pakistani territory.

OH MY GOD.... Pak Army has been defeated and our crucial intelligence lost, what will we do now?
Easy...... spend a few thousand to replace....:coffee:

Now Taliban will retrieve and decode the data and make another UAV in a week's time.

in 3 days they will reveal a mockup with tapes and glue !

Area denial was the main objective. Insurgency does not disappear with operations. It is a long drawn out war, the state is in no mood to retire. So something has to give. When the main supply base within Pakistan evaporates then crossing over from Afgan with truck loads of explosives becomes impossible. Now this will result in cross border attacks, get something lose something.

Do not expect this op to be finish terrorism. The main aim is to cripple their supply within Pakistani territory.

So long as diesel fazlu lives .. or molvis for that matter,
terrorism will not finish.

Now Taliban will retrieve and decode the data and make another UAV in a week's time.

in 3 days they will reveal a mockup with tapes and glue !

Cheeky :D

So long as diesel fazlu lives .. or molvis for that matter,
terrorism will not finish.

True, these maulvis are the bane to our society's progress. God knows what we did to deserve these hypocrites. Fazlu is under threats these days.

North Waziristan Offensive
  • On August 11, Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif briefed a Pakistan Army Corps Commanders Conference on the progress of Operation Zarb-e-Azb at General Headquarters in Rawalpindi. Sharif said that the operation has been a success so far, but emphasized the need to consolidate the operation’s gains and back up those gains with concerted long-term counter-terrorism efforts in North Waziristan.[9]
  • Dawn reported on August 10 that many Internally Displaced People (IDPs) are split on the topic of repatriation. Part of a group of Utmanzai tribe elders met with local government officials about traveling back home to North Waziristan. The remainder of the group maintained that IDPs should wait until the government ensures long-term peace in North Waziristan before returning.[10]
  • On August 9, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif convened a national security conference in Islamabad to discuss the ongoing operation in North Waziristan. The conference brought together National Assembly party leaders and top military commanders to engineer a long-term strategy to counter militancy. According to political sources, the conference forged a “rare consensus” among political leaders for Operation Zarb-e-Azb and for military action against militants. During the conference, both Prime Minister Sharif and Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif asserted that the Pakistani government invoked Article 245 at the military’s request to prevent militant reprisals following Operation Zarb-e-Azb, not to repress upcoming PTI and PAT protests. Prime Minister Sharif also said that the government has developed a “comprehensive” plan for the resettlement of IDPs from North Waziristan. PTI chief Imran Khan did not attend the conference.[11]
  • On August 8, residents of Eidiak, North Waziristan Agency refused to leave despite impending military operations in the area. This announcement came two days after the administration told residents of Eidek, Razmak, Spinwam, Shewa and Shawal to evacuate and relocate to neighboring Bannu district. The decision to remain was not unanimous and the Eidiak people said they will remain in dialogue with the administration.[12]

People who have refused to leave their areas are making a huge mistake, they will be caught in cross fire & only Pakistan will suffer the side effects later.

I believe the reason why ganja called in this meeting was because may be he wanted to see the moods of 3 Generals & of course by imposing in different articles, the Govt. is only trying to save themselves & PA can see that.

Back
Top Bottom