What's new

Operation Zarb-e-Azb | Updates, News & Discussions.

Putting out accurate casualty figures prevents the opposing side from claiming much larger losses inflicted and denies them a propaganda victory. It also keeps the nation grateful for the sacrifices being made to keep them safe.
fog of war.. I agree and disagree

it helps even reporting friendly fire as a valiant sacrifice by an individual.

TTP has much material for their propaganda .. they and their supporters are even using Syria and Iraqi content to claim their victories and "barbarianism" of Punjabi army

@Rajput_Pakistani show some sense and avoid attaching family pictures of soldiers.
do it yourself or Mod will do that for you

TTP has much material for their propaganda .. they and their supporters are even using Syria and Iraqi content to claim their victories and "barbarianism" of Punjabi army

Strategic and temporary misreporting is a different thing than trying to hide casualties. Better to explain them as the campaign proceeds rather than lose the covert propaganda war as you mention, which is what is happening now.

@Rajput_Pakistani show some sense and avoid attaching family pictures of soldiers.
do it yourself or Mod will do that for you
Boss its all over social media already. If you feel its not ok i edit it.

Boss its all over social media already. If you feel its not ok i edit it.
social media is responsible for a lot of mess.. its a great security risk. and a terrible oversight

right of privacy is an alien term for us. I can bet people would have picked up his picture without his or his family's consent.

Do you know the Sick people belonging to Punjabi Taliban are seeking out families of soldiers involved in the operations? dont join idiots who are giving them a helping hand.

I am bitter because earlier this year someone I know was murdered along with his 7 year old son near Gujarat by Lashker Jhangvi.. roughly same place where army officers and some soldiers have been killed over few years by terrorist death squads. and they lurk sniffing trails, looking and asking around about people who are either shia or belonging to military. (its a jackpot if person is shia and armyman too)

just imagine what this social media is doing ... someone identifies family members of some soldier in the NW operation and abducts them and executes them for that....

despite loosing over 50K people, our nation seems to be suffering from numb mind and shows no signs of showing any concern to what is happening around it

uncle i support this operation....have supported it since day one....some ppl of my family are there on the borders of Pak-Afghan...so i know the sacrifices.....i said that in a way to express my respect and gratitude for the soldiers...that so many getting shahadat for the cause!
dear check up how many Russian soldiers died in WW2 fighting against the Nazis

social media is responsible for a lot of mess.. its a great security risk. and a terrible oversight

right of privacy is an alien term for us. I can bet people would have picked up his picture without his or his family's consent.

Do you know the Sick people belonging to Punjabi Taliban are seeking out families of soldiers involved in the operations? dont join idiots who are giving them a helping hand.

I am bitter because earlier this year someone I know was murdered along with his 7 year old son near Gujarat by Lashker Jhangvi.. roughly same place where army officers and some soldiers have been killed over few years by terrorist death squads. and they lurk sniffing trails, looking and asking around about people who are either shia or belonging to military. (its a jackpot if person is shia and armyman too)

just imagine what this social media is doing ... someone identifies family members of some soldier in the NW operation and abducts them and executes them for that....

despite loosing over 50K people, our nation seems to be suffering from numb mind and shows no signs of showing any concern to what is happening around it

dear check up how many Russian soldiers died in WW2 fighting against the Nazis

By hiding soldiers death, how they add up their deaths in official death count then ?

Strategic and temporary misreporting is a different thing than trying to hide casualties. Better to explain them as the campaign proceeds rather than lose the covert propaganda war as you mention, which is what is happening now.
I am perfectly fine and comfortable right now
we were even open then back in Swat Operation and gave regular media briefings I miss Gen Athar Abbas
. now we got the force multipliers that have reduced our losses and inflicted heavy losses on the TTP. hence the low causalities on our side.

I do agree with you that we should be truthful before news is out of our hands. this time drones, gunships and jets are leading the charge and men on ground are doing the mop up.. differences are understandable

By hiding soldiers death, how they add up their deaths in official death count then ?
yes thats a tragedy.. wish CJ Ifitkhar was here to take a sou Motu over it

I am perfectly fine and comfortable right now
we were even open then back in Swat Operation and gave regular media briefings I miss Gen Athar Abbas
. now we got the force multipliers that have reduced our losses and inflicted heavy losses on the TTP. hence the low causalities on our side.

I do agree with you that we should be truthful before news is out of our hands. this time drones, gunships and jets are leading the charge and men on ground are doing the mop up.. differences are understandable

I agree with what you say, but I will further reinforce that ISPR needs to step up its engagements and explanations to the nation to prevent the TTP from winning this round in the propaganda war. Their CDs and sermon infiltrate widely and are unbelievably dangerous.

I agree with what you say, but I will further reinforce that ISPR needs to step up its engagements and explanations to the nation to prevent the TTP from winning this round in the propaganda war. Their CDs and sermon infiltrate widely and are unbelievably dangerous.
I agree, ISPR is lacking in that deartment

I agree, ISPR is lacking in that deartment

ISPR should be on the TVs every night with updates and maps and information. On all channels. Banning Geo was a huge mistake, it would have been better to ask for an ISPR rep to be included in discussion program so that the Army viewpoint was explained correctly rather than being seen as the illegal censor crew.

But anyway, that is another discussion, as they say. To be on topic in this thread, this operation needs a proper media campaign to make it a success.

The bodies also have to be returned back to the family, I disagree with the present rumors that a large number of soldiers are embracing martyrdom and the causalities are being hidden en masse. Maybe a little, but not that much.

first bring proof to your allegation.

then we can do the math and ask the leadership about this disconnect between official count and hidden count.

Hazrat Umar R.A generously used whips for those who spread rumors.

The bodies also have to be returned back to the family, I disagree with the present rumors that a large number of soldiers are embracing martyrdom and the causalities are being hidden en masse. Maybe a little, but not that much.
it doesnt cost any effort to make an allegation. no matter how unfounded it is
say it enough time and a circular quotation of the same allegation or suspicion becomes becomes a proof.

say it enough time and a circular quotation of the same allegation or suspicion becomes becomes a proof.

That is exactly the danger. People will believe the false news over official accounts any time. A lie repeated often enough ........

first bring proof to your allegation.

then we can do the math and ask the leadership about this disconnect between official count and hidden count.

Hazrat Umar R.A generously used whips for those who spread rumors.

Curiosity killed the cat and you are asking me to sniff for proof :(

Then, let it remain on the same level as "allegation".

Back
Top Bottom