What's new

Operation Tirah Valley | News & Updates

Ongoing operations benefit from secrecy sometimes. I am sure we will hear good news soon that the valley has been cleared off the militants.

Inshallah....waiting for successful return of Pakistani jawans and complete oblivion of brutal terrorits:pakistan:

http://beta.dawn.com/news/812215/se...ntrol-of-militant-strongholds-in-tirah-valley

arm%C3%A9e%20pakistanaise%20au%20Waziristan.jpg

PESHAWAR: Security forces captured two militant strongholds in Kismet Sur and Sunghar areas of Tirah valley in Khyber tribal region after successful operations were conducted in the areas , according to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) sources.

At least 16 militants were killed during the operation moreover scores of other militants fled from the area leaving behind a huge cache of arms and ammunition, which was recovered by security forces.

Moreover two security personnel were killed and three others were injured during the operation.

In another incident in Orakzai tribal region’s Mamozai area, at least six suspected militants were killed and five others were injured during clashes between security forces and militants.

Security sources told dawn.com that two security personnel were also injured during the skirmish.

Yaraa this 'scores of militant' leaving is what pinches me the most - It happens every time ! :hitwall:

Yaraa this 'scores of militant' leaving is what pinches me the most - It happens every time ! :hitwall:

Tell that to the 'ghayoor qabailee' who shelter these terrorists and go ape if army kills them..
Its their tribesmen which army has to let go or face more 'ghayoor qabailii' go militant to avenge the death of their relative or tribesmen.

Well, for the time being we can't take any action if they escape across to their motherland....none the less, space is being squeezed around them.

Tell that to the 'ghayoor qabailee' who shelter these terrorists and go ape if army kills them..
Its their tribesmen which army has to let go or face more 'ghayoor qabailii' go militant to avenge the death of their relative or tribesmen.

From what I heard there were a lot more Uzbeks & Tajik Militants in Tirah than Pukhtoons & besides it the same Tribals that were fighting against them as part of the FC or the Aman Lashkars ! :blink:

Well, for the time being we can't take any action if they escape across to their motherland....none the less, space is being squeezed around them.

Yaraa I don't understand why didn't we surround Tirah from all sides for a few weeks, consolidating our position & then launching an offensive so that these militants don't run off back to Afghanistan to fight another day !

They'll be back again to fight another day! Unless of course the PA holds ground captured from the militants. Now that's the hard part. The question is, how many troops will be needed to hold the areas 'captured'? Are there enough troops available for this task?

If no, would they be deployed in small penny packets, which would be vulnerable to militant attacks?

If yes, then how about the logistics of providing them with supplies over treacherous terrain? And the requirement of providing security for maintaining their lines of communications for which more troops would be required?

Pakistan Army doing good killing these bastards

They'll be back again to fight another day! Unless of course the PA holds ground captured from the militants. Now that's the hard part. The question is, how many troops will be needed to hold the areas 'captured'? Are there enough troops available for this task?

If no, would they be deployed in small penny packets, which would be vulnerable to militant attacks?

If yes, then how about the logistics of providing them with supplies over treacherous terrain? And the requirement of providing security for maintaining their lines of communications for which more troops would be required?

Pakistan has already been successful at holding ground. Check Swat.

Holding ground is not the problem its those incessant attacks from Afghanistan in the wee hours of morning after infiltrating the huge porous border from anywhere thats the problem !

From what I heard there were a lot more Uzbeks & Tajik Militants in Tirah than Pukhtoons & besides it the same Tribals that were fighting against them as part of the FC or the Aman Lashkars ! :blink:

Yaraa I don't understand why didn't we surround Tirah from all sides for a few weeks, consolidating our position & then launching an offensive so that these militants don't run off back to Afghanistan to fight another day !

Ok....evem if Uzbek and tajik..
Where they arrange food from?
From where they get weapons?
Where they train and live?
Local support is imminent.
Tirah valley does not border with Afghanistan,so i fail to beleive that militants fought for such a long time without local support.

Pakistan Army doing good killing these bastards

Pakistan has already been successful at holding ground. Check Swat.
Agreed! But at what cost in terms of the number of troops deployed? And Swat is just one area. There are many more areas that need to be cleared of these yahoos resulting in further stretching the army to the limit. Unless of course the PA redeploys some of its formations from the East, which is unlikely at the present juncture.

After a brief lull due to reinforcement of troops, the op has gathered pace now since a week or so.

Kill all of them and blow them to kingdom come.

My dear it's a very hostile and unforgiving environment, thus impossible to secure from all sides....see the Americans/ISAF in Afghanistan, even with their all hi-tech gadgetry and weapons, they still can't even secure Kabul and often get hit. !!

Back
Top Bottom