What's new

Operation Tirah Valley | News & Updates

IN THAT ALLOW ME TO ASK YOU THE SAME QUESTION.are you with pakistan and its citzens and army?
or are you with bla terrorists and ttp?

I dont know why members are asking me this question but i would answer you.
1- I am against terrorist activities of bla but i am not against baloch nationalism and their struggle and demands of rights. You need to understand that i do not belong to fauji background so i also do not support FC, army and ISI role in Balochistan. Operation against bla is one thing while beating, torturing, humiliating and killing random balochs is another thing. Its not just me, all responsible pakistanis are concerned about human right violations in balochistan.
2- I am ideologically supporter of ANP and PKMAP, i am not only opposing TTP but also the so called good talibans, which are sponsered by ISI, like Afghan talibans, haqqani network, mullah nazir group and gul bahadur group...i also oppose the double standards of pak army....
I am also of opinion that military operations are not the only solution.

im a pakistani before im an american.
dont take it as a question from me take it as a question from other pakistanis.
but since your reluctant to answer it, it would fair to say you support ftp, bla and other enemies of pakistan? correct?

im not from a military back ground besides uncles and grandfathers in the army.

can you ask him if he supports our troops? lol

Typical American mentality, "you are with us or with them".........only pakistanis have the right to ask me such questions and you saw that i replied to a pakistani A.Muqeet khan

Just to repeat the gist of post 454...

THe title of the thread is:

Operation Tirah Valley: News & Updates

If you have a weak eyesight, get some glasses and look at the bold words, I increased the size incase you don't have glasses on hand.

It doesn't say discussions anywhere does it...?

Sick mind’s unjust criticism on Pakistan Army

M Khan Chishti

“The military operations carried out by Pakistan Army in tribal areas show the pinnacle of professionalism and commitment to eliminate terrorism”, Jennifer McKay mentions in her post visit analysis on South Waziristan in Sphere head Research. The United Nations evaluation expert opines, “What the US-led NATO and ISAF forces, equipped with the latest sophisticated weaponry could not do in the last ten years in Afghanistan; Pakistan military did in FATA with utmost success”.

Similar first hand accounts given by security experts and analysts cited that Pakistan Army’s successful operation against militants in Swat is a unique example in the history of counter terrorism, where not just routine life was brought back to normalcy but tourism and business activities were also revived.

Notwithstanding such independent and factual perspectives, some rumour-mongers continue to criticize national security institutions unjustly either for their vested interests or to make their publications look more attractive to the readers. The recent Tirah conflict yet again provided a subject matter to these propagandists, who strive hard to discredit the successes of security forces’ operations in FATA and Swat.

They erroneously equate the tensed security situation in Tirah Valley of Khyber Agency with Swat where the peace has already been restored after the suppression of Taliban. If Pakistan state had ever surrendered to the radical militants in Swat, it was not possible for the district and divisional administrations of Swat and Malakand to arrange a number of events in 2013, including the Malakand Football Tournament, Dir Snow Festival, Malam Jabba snow festival, Dir Cultural Week, Golf Gala, Swat Youth Festival, Sports Gala, Kalam Festival, Shin Swat Campaign, Chitral Cultural Week and Youth Symposium, to promote tourism in the area. It is also true that some isolated terrorist attacks still occur in the area; however the frequency has significantly plunged. Much of the security responsibility has been taken over by Swat Police as the Army gradually transferred its duties to the local administration. Therefore, it is categorically wrong to associate two distinctly different situations of Swat and Tirah Valley merely to bring an unwarranted criticism on Pakistan Army’s counter terrorism efforts.

Coming to Tirah Valley, it is a landlocked area which is reported to be a bastion of the banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Lashkar-i-Islam and Ansar-ul-Islam; these groups that started consolidating their positions in the valley and posed a serious threat to the settled areas especially Peshawar. Militants from Khyber Agency’s Bara area and TTP Darra Admakhel have also shifted their operational base to Tirah Valley as they consider it to be a safer place to regroup. Presently, a decisive operation has been launched against militants in Tirah Valley by Pakistan Army along with regular troops and local Lashkars. Scores of militants have also been killed in the offensive during the last two weeks. Sources said that Army troops and Frontier Corps are battling to root out the last pockets of resistance in the Tirah Valley especially on the border of Orakzai Agency. Around 18000 families have also left the area in a bid to clear the battlefield for the Pakistan Army. Army sources said that they have intensified the operations, rapid conclusions and clearances are in transaction and operation is hoped to be ended before the general elections.

Regardless of all these services rendered by Pakistan Army to defend the nation against threat of terrorism, certain media personnel make mockery of Pakistan Army’s efforts for eliminating terrorism and sarcastically blame security forces for surrendering sovereignty to militants. They ignore Pakistan’s sacrifices and losses while holding Pakistan responsible for US failures in Afghanistan.

The perception that Army surrendered Swat to militants is simply misleading as Pakistan’s armed forces achieved a landmark victory by dismantling the command and control system of Taliban militants in Swat and South Waziristan. Operations conducted in Bajaur, Orakzai and Kurram agencies are also near completion; few remaining pockets of resistance are being tackled.

Moreover, active operations are in progress in Mohmand agency, whereas intelligence based targeted operations are launched in NWA.

The spectacularly stark terrain makes FATA hard place to conduct operations without collateral damages, therefore peace building will be a long-term challenge in the region. To be optimistic, the fighting in Tirah Valley will also reach its logical end with Army’s victory over the militants and such illogical and deceitful critics of armed forces will lick the dust.

FP

@nuclearpak if i am allowed to post i want to say some thing.
In the above article the writer is saying that due to collateral damages in tirah because of terrain, peace building would be a long term challenge. The thing is Swat was a settled area, pretty much pakistanized, you did successful operation without earning animosities of locals. FATA is different story, for 50 years Pak army were never stationed in FATA, now men with khaki uniforms, same as british, give them vibe of foriegn presence. This and collateral damages have aggravated the situation. Whether it was american pressure or matter of prestige, they were irrational in tackling the matter through military operations, it could have been easily handled through heavily financed local lashkars sponsered by governament.
I hope you dont mind my post.

Last edited by a moderator:
@nuclearpak if i am allowed to post i want to say some thing.
In the above article the writer is saying that due to collateral damages in tirah because of terrain, peace building would be a long term challenge. The thing is Swat was a settled area, pretty much pakistanized, you did successful operation without earning animosities of locals. FATA is different story, for 50 years Pak army were never stationed in FATA, now men with khaki uniforms, same as british, give them vibe of foriegn presence. This and collateral damages have aggravated the situation. Whether it was american pressure or matter of prestige, they were irrational in tackling the matter through military operations, it could have been easily handled through heavily financed local lashkars sponsered by governament.
I hope you dont mind my post.

I think you have made a bit of sense in all the other ranting. Yes Swat was different due to the reasons you mentioned. The tough spots are and will be the lawless belt which has been left to govern itself all the 50 years. But to be honest my wishes for them to have a good stable progressive life is hampered by the fact that I should let them do whatever they want as long as they do not hurt my interests. This was the general agreement that stood between those areas and the military. The militants got flushed out and were welcomed or barged in these areas. Those militants then started taking over key routes punishing all that stood in their way. There to this point has been no army intervention to a fault. Bottom line is you can do whatever you want until and unless it affects the progress of this country. If not then force will be applied and people will get hurt. Such is life.

give them vibe of foriegn presence.

Posts relevant to Tirah valley are allowed.

As for the part I quoted, whose fault is that? Not the army's...it is solely the fault of the people living there that they perceive Pak Army or Pak Govt as a foreign entity...

Posts relevant to Tirah valley are allowed.

As for the part I quoted, whose fault is that? Not the army's...it is solely the fault of the people living there that they perceive Pak Army or Pak Govt as a foreign entity...

Can you please explain what you mean by that @nuclearpak ? How is it the people's fault if they feel alienated? Isn't it the responsibility of the government to make sure that the people are made to feel included as citizens of Pakistan? How can it be the people's fault when the government fails to do so?

Blaming the people for making the Tirah operation necessary is counter-productive at best, and disingenuous in the extreme at worst.

Can you please explain what you mean by that @nuclearpak ? How is it the people's fault if they feel alienated? Isn't it the responsibility of the government to make sure that the people are made to feel included as citizens of Pakistan? How can it be the people's fault when the government fails to do so?

It isn't the people's fault that they feel alienated, but it is the people's fault when they think that Pak Army and Pakistani state is a foreign entity. This has been the case since long. Pak government also shares the blame that they didn't incorporate these areas into mainstream and kept them as FATA.

Blaming the people for making the Tirah operation necessary is counter-productive at best, and disingenuous in the extreme at worst.

I didn't blame the people for this operation or any other...

More discussion on this topic will again derail the thread so let's make a new thread if you want to pursue it.

It isn't the people's fault that they feel alienated, but it is the people's fault when they think that Pak Army and Pakistani state is a foreign entity. This has been the case since long. Pak government also shares the blame that they didn't incorporate these areas into mainstream and kept them as FATA.

Genlemen, its quite normal for people to see any abnormality when new or unprecedented things keep happening around. This is not relevent to FATA poeople only. Army's presence, operations, check posts etc are not normal things to any population. Tomorrow if Army goes after terrorists and occupy Karachi, south Punjab or Mansehra, the situation will be not only foreign but also will be not normal for the common poeople or civilians.
Pak government also shares the blame that they didn't incorporate these areas into mainstream and kept them as FATA.
I didn't blame the people for this operation or any other...

When its all not rosy about mainstream or so, FATAians will not mind or blame any governement for their particular case. I think what they wish right now would be to get rid of Taliban and to see stable and friendly Afghanistan with no more pursuit of strategic shyt by anyone.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom