What's new

Operation Tirah Valley | News & Updates

Starting from March 17- April 17. Around 70-80 PA soldiers have died officially. Unofficially it could be 100. 20 Soldiers killed in N.Waziristan suicide blast on 23 March. 40-50 Killed in Op Tirah. 8 died in N.Waziristan suicide blast today olus other fatalities occurred in b/w

@F.O.X
I would like to know if the PAF is still conducting air raids on high priority targets , better to soften up the area by bombers and move in for the kill then , instead of suffering causalities because of lack of air cover to the troops . Its an essential part of warfare now and the vipers boys should be given a chance in the valley . We gave these terrorists just too much of a chance , these people cant be negotiated with by any chance as they have demonstrated it from time to time , time to round them up and send them to hell on a one way ticket !

Last edited by a moderator:
@F.O.X
I would like to know if the PAF is still conducting air raids on high priority targets , better to soften up the area by bombers and move in for the kill then , instead of suffering causalities because of lack of air cover to the troops . Its an essential part of warfare now and the vipers boys should be given a chance in the valley . We gave these terrorists just too much of a chance , these people cant be negotiated with by any chance as they have demonstrated it from time to time , time to round them up and send them to hell on a one way ticket !

there is no concrete way to know if the target is HVT or not , PAF is conducting Raids on fortified positions , and since some civilians are still in Tirah so air strike is not an options , and since HVT are always between or close to civilians so it is not possible due to collateral damage.

I dont have much more info about the operation , as my sources are gone Radio Silent .. :D

will post as soon as i find more.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the fck is wrong with you? i can hire thugs and killers from even charsada, does it make the district target for military operation and air strikes?.....apna ilaj kar, the operation is against TTP......hired killers are available through out country

I don't need treatment, you need it. charsada is different and the military operation going on there is because these thugs and contract killers join hands with militants, let me remind you something you arrogant SB, that these militias mostly consist of thugs, robbers and decoits gathered in the name of religion, and there original religion in money. Every bomb blast is paid according to its damage and every security personnel being killed is paid accordingly.
Because of people like you exist in our society (sympathizers) we will never get rid of these rats.

there is no concrete way to know if the target is HVT or not , PAF is conducting Raids on fortified positions , and since some civilians are still in Tirah so air strike is not an options , and since HVT are always between or close to civilians so it is not possible due to collateral damage.

I dont have much more info about the operation , as my sources are gone Radio Silent .. :D

will post as soon as i find more.

Dear Sir, its true that there are many talib/militant factions operating in Tirah since long. Eliminating them is prime responsibility of security apparatus. But is the timing of this operation having anything with US withdrawal of equipments safely through the rout passed in Khyber? If its related with that then how much US has paid for this operation and for the affected people to be rehabbed again?

get out of the yankees' war. get out, get out. otherwise these centrifugal forces will keep building, and eventually end up alienating most of the tribes. all the bridges our army has built and confidence of common people gained, will be lost if this whole fiasco is not dealt with at its root cause.

a person sitting anywhere, far away from the worst affected areas, can tell that our army is being fooled into destroying its own people, then you can imagine how those displaced or surviving there will feel once the dust settles. it's a straight forward choice our nation faces. if we want to exhibit some political backbone rather than just misguided military muscle, to defy their games rather than marching to their orders.

enough is enough. elections can't come soon enough I want to know where we're headed. fear of the worst is killing me inside, but hope for sense to prevail also also keeps me going. much like millions of other Pakistanis terrorized with the knowledge of their kin lost to a mindless war.

Am i standing in the court? The only proof that could be presented are 1)Dead bodies of civilians 2)Witnesses. I have access to none. I failed, you win.
only only fail when you lie.
you need to get your act together and knock it off with the supporting balochi terrorists.
are with us or against?

get out of the yankees' war. get out, get out.

I wish I could say that there was a way out , but there isn't ... So instead of deluding ourselves that we can come to terms with these barbarians , we can concentrate on fighting them ...

What the fck is wrong with you? i can hire thugs and killers from even charsada, does it make the district target for military operation and air strikes?.....apna ilaj kar, the operation is against TTP......hired killers are available through out country

I don't need treatment, you need it. charsada is different and the military operation going on there is because these thugs and contract killers join hands with militants, let me remind you something you arrogant SB, that these militias mostly consist of thugs, robbers and decoits gathered in the name of religion, and there original religion in money. Every bomb blast is paid according to its damage and every security personnel being killed is paid accordingly.
Because of people like you exist in our society (sympathizers) we will never get rid of these rats.

Suitable to your mindset, i would tell you an easy solution to curb talibanization in FATA, lets massacre the entire population of FATA, "na rahega baans na bajey gi bansri".

Taliban Strongholds in Pakistan.

April 18, 2013

Analysis

In the latest violence in Pakistan's tribal belt along the Afghan border, up to 25 Pakistani soldiers and some 125 militants were killed in a new counterjihadist offensive. Pakistani ground and air forces since early April have sought to dislodge Taliban fighters from key heights in the Tirah Valley in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, one of the seven districts that make up the country's Federally Administered Tribal Areas.

This represents the biggest offensive in the region over the past two years against fighters from Pakistan's main Taliban rebel group, the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, and their allies from Laskhar-e-Islam, a local Taliban faction. Islamabad launched a major counterjihadist offensive nearly four years ago to try to regain control of its northwest, a region that since the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan increasingly has fallen under the control of Pakistani Taliban rebels aligned with al Qaeda.

The Pakistani armed forces have struggled to hold these areas long enough to build up civilian governance and pursue development projects to integrate its northwestern Pashtun periphery into the core. Civilian governance, however, has a long way to go before it can establish itself in the core of the country, and thus it is unlikely that peripheral areas affected by the Taliban insurgency will fall under Islamabad's writ anytime soon.

stratfor

Taliban Strongholds in Pakistan.

April 18, 2013

Analysis

In the latest violence in Pakistan's tribal belt along the Afghan border, up to 25 Pakistani soldiers and some 125 militants were killed in a new counterjihadist offensive. Pakistani ground and air forces since early April have sought to dislodge Taliban fighters from key heights in the Tirah Valley in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province, one of the seven districts that make up the country's Federally Administered Tribal Areas.

This represents the biggest offensive in the region over the past two years against fighters from Pakistan's main Taliban rebel group, the Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan, and their allies from Laskhar-e-Islam, a local Taliban faction. Islamabad launched a major counterjihadist offensive nearly four years ago to try to regain control of its northwest, a region that since the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan increasingly has fallen under the control of Pakistani Taliban rebels aligned with al Qaeda.

The Pakistani armed forces have struggled to hold these areas long enough to build up civilian governance and pursue development projects to integrate its northwestern Pashtun periphery into the core. Civilian governance, however, has a long way to go before it can establish itself in the core of the country, and thus it is unlikely that peripheral areas affected by the Taliban insurgency will fall under Islamabad's writ anytime soon.

stratfor

18th april and still 25 pak faujis dead? No casaulties are occuring after first day of operation in which 23 faujis and 30 taliban got killed? Miraculous

18th april and still 25 pak faujis dead? No casaulties are occuring after first day of operation in which 23 faujis and 30 taliban got killed? Miraculous

terrorists in tirah valley are getting bombed as we speak , you can go there and join them

What do you mean by "us", you are an american citizen.
dude why are you playing stupid?

let me make it simple and clear for you

are you with pakistan and its citzens and army?
or are you with bla terrorists and ttp?

dude why are you playing stupid?

let me make it simple and clear for you

are you with pakistan and its citzens and army?
or are you with bla terrorists and ttp?

who are you to question me like that? You are an american citizen.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom