What's new

Operation Swift Retort by Alan Warnes

So If i read the article right no SU-30mki were shutdown as claim by the PAF neither any F-16 by IAF .

I think the PAF will invest in more EW/ECM assets. They'll obviously pod-out the JF-17s, and possibly even the F-16A/B MLUs, moving forward. However, I can see them pick-up a few more business jets and configure them with hyper-customized EW/ECM suites. It could boil down to a different suite per 1-2 aircraft.

Otherwise, I don't think they'll get another fighter until Project Azm. The goal is likely to grab the MBDA Meteor someway or somehow, and that's where the option of fitting the JF-17 with the Leonardo AESA radar comes into play. But if the PAF can't get additional F-16s, then I do wonder, could the Gripen E/F (with the condition it comes with Meteor) be a thing?

with limited resources whither it will be logical to go for Gripe en E/F just for meteor missile . I think PAF should use the fund getting any Chinese alternative of meteor and try to get at least V upgrade for existig F-16 if additional F-16 is totally unavailable .

So If i read the article right no SU-30mki were shutdown as claim by the PAF neither any F-16 by IAF .

with limited resources whither it will be logical to go for Gripe en E/F just for meteor missile . I think PAF should use the fund getting any Chinese alternative of meteor and try to get at least V upgrade for existig F-16 if additional F-16 is totally unavailable .

First of all JAS-39s are off the table as Sweden sees IAF much bigger market, F-16s are available but method of payment is an issue.

PS: The issue with Swedish arms market is partially PAs fault, back in 70s they had established good working relationship with them, what happned that they moved away to IA/IAF ? I am still teed off at Swedes for destroying thoroughbreds that PA gifted to them, could have just shipped them back to PA.

First of all JAS-39s are off the table as Sweden sees IAF much bigger market, F-16s are available but method of payment is an issue.

PS: The issue with Swedish arms market is partially PAs fault, back in 70s they had established good working relationship with them, what happned that they moved away to IA/IAF ? I am still teed off at Swedes for destroying thoroughbreds that PA gifted to them, could have just shipped them back to PA.
Things with Sweden generally went down hill from 1971.

That said, countries change. There was a time when getting anything from Germany was difficult (approval-wise), but not so much anymore (rather, it's our lack of money that's the issue). Likewise, we used to rely on France a lot and took them for granted, not today. If we got our economy in order and get competent people to lead us, then we might see the Swedes look upon us favourably.

Link 17, is a bridge protocol.

In software terms, its a wrapper.

No. It is its own protocol with a self contained eco-system that is a superset of what Link 16 offers and custom requirements. It is not a wrapper, gateway or a bridge..

If you say it is a wrapper, "what is it a wrapper to ?? What is the target of the wrapper? It has to be a different protocol ?? Your statement makes no sense ....

I think the PAF will invest in more EW/ECM assets. They'll obviously pod-out the JF-17s, and possibly even the F-16A/B MLUs, moving forward. However, I can see them pick-up a few more business jets and configure them with hyper-customized EW/ECM suites. It could boil down to a different suite per 1-2 aircraft.

Otherwise, I don't think they'll get another fighter until Project Azm. The goal is likely to grab the MBDA Meteor someway or somehow, and that's where the option of fitting the JF-17 with the Leonardo AESA radar comes into play. But if the PAF can't get additional F-16s, then I do wonder, could the Gripen E/F (with the condition it comes with Meteor) be a thing?

I do think that 50 Block III-C's with Leonardo AESA and a full turn key European avionics suite with Meteor, will neutralise the Rafale, while maintaining the cost advantages of having a common airframe and engines with the rest of the fleet. I dont think PAF needs to buy a new platform to counter the Rafale.

That was the exact my feeling.

**BUT ** Now, the rest of the world can also read Kaiser Tufail's words 8-) ... it is now part of history and something that can be thrown at the Indians when they read their heads with their lies...

As I said before - no neutral source confirmed on whether an SU-30 was shot down for real.
As such Warnes' article didn't mention any flankers getting shot down either.

Its a claim not a confirmation.
What is though confirmed through indian sources that su 30 ran away as they couldnt engage PAF fighters coz they were "outgunned" by PAF..

Better court italy and get typhoon than gripen.
Gripen wont add much..

But just for meteor(which is very expensive) makes no sense to pay so much.

PL 15(if available) and Aim 120D are better alternatives (aim120d might become available after 2023 once aim 260 comes).

If PL 15 isnt available /released than PAF should seriously think of teaming with third party to build its own missle as this is a startegic weapon.
Both turkey and south africa can help if funded

JF-17 Block 1's and 2's have been 'certified' to carry PL-15 AAMs. A shipment of hundreds of PL-15's came in from China days after 27th February. 2019 along with hundreds of SD-10's, PL-5's and A2G stores.

JF-17 Block 3 and JF-17B will employ PL-15 as a standard AAM for decades to come. The news of PL-15 delivery was leaked online by someone to an international magazine (the only reason i'm conceding)

JF-17 Block 1's and 2's have been 'certified' to carry PL-15 AAMs. A shipment of hundreds of PL-15's came in from China days after 27th February. 2019 along with hundreds of SD-10's, PL-5's and A2G stores.

JF-17 Block 3 and JF-17B will employ PL-15 as a standard AAM for decades to come. The news of PL-15 delivery was leaked online by someone to an international magazine (the only reason i'm conceding)

if this is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, that means the JF-17 BLK III could become early candidates for China’s ramjet powered BVRs when they enter service soon, thus chipping away a major threat posed by the Rafales across the border.

As I said before - no neutral source confirmed on whether an SU-30 was shot down for real.
As such Warnes' article didn't mention any flankers getting shot down either.
Whatever you say is insignificant, same as yourself.

Project Vision

20200324_065237.jpg

If Pakistan had a few military satellites in space and integrated into Project Vision, Pakistani Air Defence will be on a whole new level.

if this is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, that means the JF-17 BLK III could become early candidates for China’s ramjet powered BVRs when they enter service soon, thus chipping away a major threat posed by the Rafales across the border.

Although rafale is a very competent machine, but PAF has already worked no of solutions for it. The thing PDF fanboys (specially from india) don't understand, but off course they need something to sleep tight at night.

Back
Top Bottom