What's new

Operation Swift Retort by Alan Warnes

[If I may]
(a) you guys are not understanding Narendra Modi.....Modi is a genious......Modi clearly knows that elections (in India) can not be won by wars (contrary to what you think - no politician can win an election in India purely on war reasons)........Modi knows that economy is the key (which is why he won in Y2014 + not being corrupt reasons).......I believe that Modi does not want the escalation to go out of hand on feb-26 / feb-27 (I believe he is careful there).......Modi's intention is to calm down the border without escalating. There is no point in fighting, when we are happy with what we have. Indians are perfectly Ok with status quo.
(b) I mentioned in my previous posts, why normal Indians (like me) are happy....even if SU-30 is lost, part of me is ok with it.....as this will give reasons to ministry of defence to take very hard decisions.....but I know Modi will not spend unnecessary money in defence, and neglect infrastructure / economy.
(c) However, particularly after Mumbai attacks, Indians are really really really looking for a "tough" leader(vis-a-vis continuous terror attacks) and Modi filled that role.
(d) Modi tried to make peace with Nawaz Sharif, but did not work out....(I think) Modi does not trust Imran Khan (personally, I became a fan of Imran Khan after reading his books - particularly the first 2 books. But I do not think he is a good politician).
my 2 cents.....I am not infallible.....

I am reading PDF + BR for very long (stopped BR for the past 6 months or so).....I know F-16; SU-30 etc etc.....but don't know in such detail....in the past week, I read responses in PDF (I learnt a lot from @anathema responses + @MirageBlue; @Jaskier responses in other forums); watched videos, and my knowledge improved.......Also, I am reading all english Pak newspapers for the past 10 years....and know much about Pak than regular Indian folks.....but definitely, my intention is not to troll.....
Well why are indians complainig than..when you occupy people by force expect some reaction...you cant expect kashmiris especially kashmir belt to sit quiet while you occupy them wont happen..so status quo will inculde bombing militant attacks ..

@seven0seven

India:
2nd Largest in Population [mostly Hindu]
Huge Economy
High GDP
2nd Largest Military standing at 1.4 Million
Massive Military Budget
Educated (Doctors/Engineers/Scientists/Bankers/Economists)
Rockets/Spaceships/Satellites in Space

...all that...

...and comes along Pakistan which is smaller in number [by all accounts] and they beat the crap out of 'em in 01 Day. Did we get lucky? Perhaps - by their accounts.

Now, how do you sell that b.s. to the General Public back home? You refute. You deny. You cheat [facts/history]. And most commonly, on PDF - you Question anything and everything with the hopes that some poor member with little knowledge may take the bait & they enjoy some form of victory and go 'bout quoting him on various Threads.

The General Public in India want to completely remove 27th of Feb., 2019 from their Calendar/History, however, want to mention they shot down a F-16.

They may be able to alter their History Books showcasing their victory over a weaker Pakistan, but the World knows what went down and we won't (ever) let them know that not only was it the day we celebrated Op. Swift Retort, but it was also the day the World realized that we were good hosts that offered...a Fantastic Tea.

Interesting bit in that video was the telemetry between the missile and the launch platform which of course is the proof as he said, and something that would i suspect, have had to be shared with the Americans.

And of course, him highlighting that a Su30MKI Pilot and WSO that "crashed" into a tree in the middle of the night were active pilots killed in the shoot down that week.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom