What's new

Operation Rah-e-Nijat (South Waziristan)

I have been contributing to this forum for almost two months now. During this i time i have fought with the sheer arrogance of the moderators and admins of this forum.

The final straw was when they closed my welcome thread, as some of my friends were posting there.

I asked them for a reason and the reply was and i quote " i shall consider myself lucky that it was allowed for that long..."

No I don't consider myself lucky at all, they shall consider themselves lucky that people, like myself, waste their time by posting on this web page.

As far as i am concern if my welcome thread is not good enough to be here then they don't deserve to have my other contributions to this forum either.

Hence i am withdrawing all my posts from this forum.

your arrogance is stifling! i for one am not sorry you are withdrawing!

Militants kill 6 Pakistanis for alleged US spying
By RASOOL DAWAR, Associated Press Writer Rasool Dawar, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 18 mins ago

PESHAWAR, Pakistan – Authorities found the bodies of six Pakistani men near the Afghan border Sunday who were killed by militants for allegedly spying for the U.S. in an area that has been hit by a wave of drone missile strikes in recent weeks, said intelligence officials and residents.

The bodies of the men — one of whom had been decapitated — were found in North Waziristan, part of Pakistan's lawless tribal region that is dominated by militant groups staging cross-border attacks against U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan.

One of those groups, the Haqqani network, an al-Qaida-linked Afghan Taliban faction, is considered the most dangerous threat to coalition forces and is believed to have helped orchestrate the Dec. 30 suicide bombing at a remote base in Afghanistan that killed seven CIA employees.

In the roughly three weeks following the attack, suspected U.S. drones carried out 12 missile strikes in North Waziristan and neighboring South Waziristan. The strikes are part of a broader trend of the Obama administration relying more heavily on the unmanned aircraft to kill militants in Pakistan.

The militants have responded by carrying out a wave of killings targeting people they suspect of helping facilitate the drone strikes. Pakistani intelligence officials have said at least 30 of their operatives were killed in North Waziristan in 2009, many with notes attached to the bodies alleging they were U.S. spies.

The six bodies found Sunday had similar notes, said intelligence officials and residents.

The bodies of five men who had been fatally shot were found on the outskirts of Miran Shah, the main town in North Waziristan, said the officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk to the media.

Authorities found the body of a sixth man who had been beheaded near Mir Ali, another town in the tribal area, said resident Razaullah Wazir.

"This is the fate of American spies," said a note attached to the body written in the local Pashtu language, according to Wazir.

The U.S. does not discuss the CIA-operated drone strikes, but officials have said that they have killed senior al-Qaida and Taliban leaders in the country.

Pakistani officials protest the strikes as violations of the country's sovereignty, but many analysts believe the U.S. has a secret deal with the government allowing them.

:: ISPR :: Inter Services Public Relations - PAKISTAN

ISPR UPDATE – 24 JANUARY 2010

1. South Waziristan - Operation Rah-e-Nijat. Details of the operations of last 24 hours are as follows:-

a. Jandola Sector.

(1) Terrorists fired with small arms on security forces near Janata which was effectively responded.

(2) Security forces conducted search and clearance operation at Tank and killed 2 suspected terrorists.

b. Shakai Sector

(1) Security forces conducted search and clearance operation Ghani Khel near Chelwesti, Shrawuna Punga, Biland Khel, Manzai, Gaura Sar near Nanu, Tanai, Tiarza Fort and Torwam Bridge and apprehended 7 suspects while huge cache of arms and ammunitons were recovered.

(2) Terrorists fired with small arms on security forces at Shrawuna Punga near Biland Khel, resultantly 3 soldiers were injured.

c. Razmak Sector.

(1) Security forces conducted search and clearance operation at Khanan Punga near Pash Ziarat and cleared number of compounds.

(2) Terrorists fired with small arms on security forces check post Grid Station and PTCL Post near Miran Shah which was effectively responded.

2. Relief Activities. 30,417 Cash Cards have been issued to displaced families of Waziristan.

I have been contributing to this forum for almost two months now. During this i time i have fought with the sheer arrogance of the moderators and admins of this forum.

The final straw was when they closed my welcome thread, as some of my friends were posting there.

I asked them for a reason and the reply was and i quote " i shall consider myself lucky that it was allowed for that long..."

No I don't consider myself lucky at all, they shall consider themselves lucky that people, like myself, waste their time by posting on this web page.

As far as i am concern if my welcome thread is not good enough to be here then they don't deserve to have my other contributions to this forum either.

I was the one who reported your last post on your intro thread. After the thread had died down, you decided to re-open it with something that could have easily been posted on the Member's Section. The only possible reason someone would do that is if they were so absolutely desperate for attention that they couldn't see their introduction thread being deserted. As it is, it had gone from being an intro thread to a self-aggrandizing advertisement.

For an intellectual, you are shockingly close-minded. We have other doctors on this forum, qsaark has a PhD as well, but you don't see him going around strutting like he's the be all and end all. And it's not like his opinions are very popular here, it's just that his head isn't stuck so far up his back-side that the lump in his throat is his nose.

Anyway, I am not happy that you have chosen to withdraw. There were times when you had something useful to say, however rare they might have been. It's always good to have differing points of view on this board, no matter how audacious. And in any case, if you really are a doctor, we could have learned something from you and you something from us. But it's too bad that you take every bit of criticism as a personal insult. This forum was big enough to accomodate you, but not your ego.

First let me enligten you that i am not a moderator nor an admin of this forum. That should have been clear to an intellectual like as it cant be more clearer.

Now as for your intro thread, well what surprises me is that a doc like you can go down so low that a routine affair would hurt him so bad that he would go flabbergasted!!

You should go through the intro thread section over and again till you understand that threads are open in that section merely for introduction so that others members can know whom they are talking to. These threads are not the place to discuss current topics and share videos from all over the Tubes! Do that in the receptive sections which are there for this very purpose.

If you must see (or if you can see with those eyes of yours) that your intro thread was the longest that atleast i have ever seen since the day i have joined this forum! Compare yours with others and you might feel the shame.

Intro threads have to be closed after a while or else there would be 22000 plus posts on that single thread if we keep the total number of members in view, but the aim is not exactly an introduction but a way to break the ice and make the new comer to feel at home, otherwise it would be virtually impossible to say hello to all the members.

In short your thread was not the first intro thread that was closed once it got derailed and didnt serve the purpose anymore, i thought that you would that much of sense. i am not happy to see such narrow mindedness from an educated lot!!

US must consistently support Pakistan, says Gen Petraeus

* US Central Command chief says Kerry-Lugar legislation reflects Washington’s undeterred support for Pakistan

WASHINGTON: Islamabad is effectively tackling militants in the country’s north-west and the US must show consistent support for the key South Asian country that Washington has abandoned in the past, General David Petraeus, chief of the US Central Command said on Sunday.

Speaking at the Centre for Strategic and International Studies, he said, “Our task - which US Defence Secretary Robert Gates has reaffirmed during his visit to Pakistan - has to be to show that we are going to be a steadfast partner, that we are not going to abandon the country as we have done twice before. We must provide a substantial amount of assistance.”

The US commander’s remarks referred to American estrangement with Pakistan following the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan in 1989, a decade after the US-led Western allies backed Afghan mujahideen in their fight against Soviet occupation. The US and Pakistan became close allies in the wake of 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, ending a 12-year gap in close military ties.

Petraeus noted a “true change” in Pakistani public opinion last summer, saying that political leaders and even clerics begun to recognise the Pakistani Taliban as a threat to the country, when the Taliban challenged the government’s writ in the Swat valley.

“So this became Pakistan’s war on terror, not Pakistanis fighting America’s war on terror. That is an enormous shift in thinking,” he told the Washington think-tank.

He said Pakistan has had success in clearing Swat and other territories of militants and establishing the government’s writ.

“They cleared the Swat Valley and most of Malakand Division in the NWFP. They have held it,” he said.

For its part, the general said, the US is going to demonstrate its commitment to a sustained partnership with Pakistan.

Economic assistance: “So again, we have got to show that we are in this together, that we are going to provide sustained, substantial commitment. And I think the Kerry-Lugar Bill does that by providing $1.5 billion annually for 5 years in terms of economic assistance. They see this as their fight now, and that is heartening,” he said. “ We need to rebuild partnerships, rebuild trust and confidence, show that we are in this together...” he added. app

Oh boo-hoo your welcome thread was closed, what're you, a 12 year old girl? There are many here who never even started their initial intro thread, big deal. And all I've heard from you here is your time is oh-so important for this website, now go waste it on another and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

FC to be re-deployed in FATA, NWFP

ISLAMABAD: The Frontier Constabulary (FC), which is assisting law enforcement agencies in different parts of the country, will soon be withdrawn for re-deployment in FATA and parts of the NWFP. The FC is currently deployed in Islamabad to provide security to diplomats and important official buildings. The force is also stationed in parts of Balochistan and Sindh, an official source said on Monday. “Keeping in view the law and order situation in FATA and the NWFP, the Interior Ministry has decided to re-deploy the FC in FATA and parts of the NWFP, especially Swat, to maintain peace in the areas,” the source said, adding that the FC was being paid by the Sindh government for its services. app

F stands for Frontier. Should lift the burden off the army and make possible things that weren't a week ago. Army's job isn't to "hold". Least I hope so.

Thanks.:usflag:

Pakistan Security Brief - January 26, 2010

Security forces target militants in Kurram and Bajaur; Indian security forces battled infiltrators from Pakistan in Kashmir; former ISI officer speaks on Mullah Omar; Pakistani officials confirmed US drone downed on Sunday; policemen from Balochistan protest and stage demonstrations; military operations continued in South Waziristan and Malakand; bomb targets police officer in Balochistan.

Pakistani security forces launched an attack on militants operating in Kurram Agency on Monday, killing at least 15 militants. Militants initially attacked an army checkpoint in the Tindo area, prompting the military’s counterattack. Eight security force personnel suffered minor wounds. Further north in Bajaur Agency, helicopter gunships and jets bombed suspected militant hideouts. The attacks took place in Mamond and Salarzai subdistricts, killing at least ten militants.[1]

A former ISI officer, believed to have trained Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar, said the US should meet with Omar in order to resolve the conflict in Afghanistan. Retired Brigadier Sultan Tarar also said Omar is open to talks and will listen to sincere messages from the US.[3]

Pakistani officials from the tribal areas confirmed the downing of a US drone in North Waziristan. On Sunday, militants under Hafiz Gul Bahadur’s command claimed shooting down the drone in Hamzoni village. The Taliban in the area rewarded the shooter on Monday with a new car.[4]

Pakistani forces killed one militant and captured six during operations in South Waziristan and Malakand. Forces killed the one militant during a search and clearance operation at Sund Derai near Fazagat, while the captured militants came from several districts.[6]

Dear Web Master ,

Dr is right ,welcome thread should not be closed.

Dear Admin/Mods,

Please take Dr's advise positively, Admin team should be more flexible and friendly with members.

Dear Dr,

We enjoyed and enlightened by your usefull posts , i request you not to stop posting if problems resolved.

Regards ,

Pakistan intelligence offers key to Taliban

By Farhan Bokhari in Islamabad

Published: January 26 2010

Pakistan's security establishment, which wields influence over the Afghan Taliban, says it is ready to facilitate talks to end the Afghanistan conflict in return for greater US backing in its competition with India for regional influence.

A former Pakistani intelligence officer familiar with the Taliban said: "If the world wants our very active involvement in not just bringing the Taliban to the table but keeping them at the table, our security challenges have to be acknowledged."

General Stanley McChrystal, the US commander in Afghanistan, has said political contacts between the Kabul government and the Taliban might be the best way to end the conflict.

While most analysts say the prospect of high-level talks between Kabul and the Taliban is remote, his comments reflect a view gaining currency among US policymakers that some form of power-sharing might be the most viable exit strategy for the US. Robert Gates, US defence secretary, has said the Taliban is part of Afghanistan's "political fabric."

A federal minister in Islamabad echoed Pakistan's fears that a fresh influx of 30,000 US troops might drive more Taliban fighters into Pakistan.

"We know they are not a popular force," he said. "The Afghans will probably never give them a majority in parliament. But with Pakistan's help and only with Pakistan's help, the return of the Taliban to the political high table will be a far more stabilising development for Afghanistan than . . . [a US] surge."

Renewed discussion of the possibility of a negotiated settlement presents an opportunity for Pakistan's intelligence services, which were instrumental in the creation of the Afghan Taliban in the mid-1990s, to reassert their potential for US foreign policy objectives in the region.

Elements in Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence agency are regarded as the gatekeepers to the Taliban leadership, believed to be based in Pakistan.

Pakistan has had an amb-iguous relationship with the US since 2001, allowing Nato supplies across its territory and extending tacit endorsement to strikes by US drones on its territory. But the military has resis-ted US pressure to broaden an offensive against its own militant groups to include Afghan insurgent groups based in Pakistan havens.

Pakistani security officials see the US tendency towards favouring negotiations as a way to leverage their country's ties to the Taliban to wring greater concessions from Washington. Those would concern a range of policy issues, most notably its rivalry with India over Kashmir and for influence in Afghanistan.

Pak, US draw battle lines over CRF funds

ISLAMABAD: Differences have emerged between Pakistan and US over the amount money to be released to Pakistan under Coalition Support Fund (CRF) and on Tuesday the negotiation between the two countries over this matter concluded inconclusively.

Finance Ministry sources told Online that negotiations were held between senior officials of Finance ministry and US embassy and the Pakistani side stressed that US should pay up the due money of $2 billion under the CRF while US adopted the stance that the amount is not $2 billion dollars but is $1.4 billion in accordance with the receipts received by the Pakistan Army thus leaving a difference of $600 million dollars.

Both the countries have agreed to continue their negotiations to settle the issue, sources told.

In this regard when the US embassy spokesman Richard Snelsire was contacted he told Online that he has no knowledge of any disparity in the amount of funds. But he added that we review the lists of expenditures and receipts that we are given by the Pakistani army under the CRF fund and after completing the process of scrutiny we pay the amount to Pakistan. He said that right now Pakistan is not granting visas to US auditors, who come here for checking the receipts. He said that due to delay in visas by Pakistan the disbursement of funds to Pakistan are also facing delay. He said that if visas are granted are sooner than this matter would also be settled soon.

Back
Top Bottom