What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

You are pushing your wishes as facts. How did a jet flying over Gulf of Aden get hit by a SAM and both Pilots ejected?

F-15 don't crash for years and all of a sudden within a day of combat they crash? Must be shot down. :p:

U.S. Rescues Two Saudi Fighter Pilots After Splashdown Near Yemen

The U.S. Air Force and Navy rescued two Saudi pilots Friday after they ejected from their F-15 fighter over the Gulf of Aden during combat operations against Houthi rebels in Yemen.

The Saudi jet apparently suffered some mechanical problem forcing the pilots to eject. A U.S. Air Force Pave Hawk special operations helicopter and crew were dispatched from Djibouti to rescue the Saudi pilots.

Although their conditions are unknown, they were reported to be ambulatory. The Saudi jet and the two pilots went down in international waters. The rescue operation was coordinated by the USS Sterett, a guided-missile destroyer.

The entire operation took two hours. Saudi Arabia Thursday announced it bombed military installations in Yemen to weaken the Shiite rebels who chased the president out of the country.

U.S. Rescues Two Saudi Fighter Pilots After Splashdown Near Yemen - NBC News

ROFLMAO :rofl::lol:

@ResurgentIran

I am literally laughing so much my sinuses are cleared. :rofl:
Btw strangely I did not get notification when you tagged me. :S

You are pushing your wishes as facts. How did a jet flying over Gulf of Aden get hit by a SAM and both Pilots ejected?

I suppose they decided to eject so they could have fun parachuting? We have no idea about the details exactly. If anyone here is wishing, that would be you, with your fantasy of a ground invasion.

I suppose they decided to eject so they could have fun parachuting? We have no idea about the details exactly. If anyone here is wishing, that would be you, with your fantasy of a ground invasion.

It's clearly stated in the article that the F-15SE suffered a tech failure. These are machines, nothing out of the ordinary.

@Decisive Storm
Nice nick brother :enjoy:
tell me your old one so I can remember you ? or you'r Hechim ?

Iranian officials are warning of ballistic missile attacks on SA as per RT. Coalition air power needs to track & destroy Scuds and line up Patriots on the border.

They did it.As Saudi spokesman said.

@Oscar

Looks like SEAD/DEAD, CAP, destroying Scuds/WSF's and C&C infra mission is in full swing. Ground invasion will begin soon.

Pretty much, the Saudis are actually waging a pretty neat campaign so far. There are US elements present to provide advisory as well but the current force commander seems pretty competent. Whether a ground invasion will happen or not is a different question, I see more along the lines of sudden troop "surge" within the Hadi forces to fight the Houthis.. whom so far have been pretty advancing without much resistance from the Hadi loyalists.

The Saudi jet apparently suffered some mechanical problem forcing the pilots to eject. A U.S. Air Force Pave Hawk special operations helicopter and crew were dispatched from Djibouti to rescue the Saudi pilots.

I take that back, the operation only commenced after the US gave full assurance that they would save the Saudis if they got shot down or otherwise. Essentially "Logistics Support".

Lets wait and see if we will see more of these "tech failures".

These are not uncommon, the GE engines on the Saudi F-15S Jets arent as tough as the Pratts flying on their F-15Cs.

Unconfirmed

Anadolu Agency: Reports on an Egyptian Paratrooper insertion to protect Bab Almandab and Port Almicha

A local source from the coastal city of Almicha part of the Taiz province said they recieved news of an Egyptian Paratrooper insertion to protect the port of Almicha and the strategic Bab Almandab strait.

The source that preferred to remain anonymous added that coalition forces want to cut off the Houthis before taking the port of Almicha or the Bab Almandab strait.

#اليمن | #مصر | أنباء عن إنزال مظلي لقوات مصرية برية لحماية باب المندب وميناء المخا

قال مصدر محلي في مدينة المخا الساحلية التابعة لمحافظة تعز اليمنية، إنهم تلقوا أنباء عن إنزال مظلي لقوات برية مصرية، لحماية ميناء المخا ومضيق #باب_المندبالاستراتيجي.

وأضاف المصدر الذي فضل عدم الكشف عن اسمه لوكالة الأناضول أن "قوات التحالف تريد قطع الطريق على جماعة#الحوثي قبل أن يستولوا على ميناء المخا أو مضيق باب المندب".

FB link right now, once an article is released I'll post.

Debkafile said it two days ago. I tend to believe it.

Pretty much, the Saudis are actually waging a pretty neat campaign so far. There are US elements present to provide advisory as well but the current force commander seems pretty competent. Whether a ground invasion will happen or not is a different question, I see more along the lines of sudden troop "surge" within the Hadi forces to fight the Houthis.. whom so far have been pretty advancing without much resistance from the Hadi loyalists.

Absolutely. The very fact that the commanders managed a massive strike package of over 170 jets without an accident or loss in the first 24 hrs of the engagement says volumes about the job well done by RSAF.

Debkafile said it two days ago. I tend to believe it.

Nah doesn't sound that true. I can understand Paratrooper Special Forces being inserted in order to pathfind for a future amphibious assault and further insertions. A presence large enough to be noticed wouldn't be too smart since they would be targeted.

Absolutely. The very fact that the commanders managed a massive strike package of over 170 jets without an accident or loss in the first 24 hrs of the engagement says volumes about the job well done by RSAF.
I think the Saudi Military had been raring to go for a while but without any useful CSAR assets were reluctant to risk any pilots in battle.

One possible outcome is the Saudis(or the Iranians) trying a Crimea on Yemen. Essentially landing regular troops without any flags or colours and calling them irregulars.

Back
Top Bottom