What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

This particular map says otherwise.
yemen-control-map.jpg

So what ? We all know Houthi is controlling north Yemen.

However,the former president " Saleh " is using the stupid Houthis as a "tool" to put his son as a president of Yemen instead of Haadi .Saleh has a power twice than Houthis ! So, he can easily kick them at anytime he want .

Even if one F15 was somehow shot down, there was no loss of life. You are comparing a loss of 1 F-15 to the whole country being bombed?

Most likely false news, The dumb Houthies claimed to have shot down a Saudi plane at the beginning of the campaign, then they claimed to have shot down 2 UAE planes, then the claim about the Sudanese plane even though Sudan didn't participate in the air campaign yet, and now this. It's just Houthi frustration. However i'm not sure about the news yet, so it could be true that the plane went down due to mechanical failure and not enemy fire.

Last edited:
What is more laughable is that these simpletons have still managed to push the Hadi loyalists all the way to the back, so its simply a case of one stupid militia currently beating an even more stupid loyalist army. So whether they are stupid or not; they clearly are effective against the opposition they currently face.

@Oscar my friend.

The big part of the Yemeni Army wich is loyal to Salah is with their side.
Salah built an Army loyal to him not to the country & by Iranian funding he managed to confirm the loyalty of the big officers.
Some parts of the Army sided with the president -Hadi- like members of the special forces in Aden, their leader refused Hadi orders tolding his soldiers 'there is no legitimacy', so they revolted and kicked him out.

Moments ago, commander of an artillery brigade prevented the soldiers from leaving the base after they refused to move to bomb saudi border.

I think it is safe to assume that the air threat posed by the Houthis has been eliminated. Reports indicate that the RSAF checked the skies and destroyed 4 mig-29s on the ground during the initial hours of the air operation. The main threat to coalition air power will be the MANPADs, but that is only if the strike planes descend to a lower altitude than needed to drop JDAMs or GBUs, which is unlikley. With the US providing logistical support the coalition isn't going to run out of bombs any time soon, so no worries there. So far only one loss, which was reportedly mechanical failure of a Saudi F-15, both pilots were rescued. Air campaign is going well for the coalition, whether there will be a ground offensive remains to be seen.

@Oscar my friend.

Salah built an Army loyal to him not to the country & by Iranian funding he managed to confirm the loyalty of the big officers.
Some parts of the Army sided with the president -Hadi- like members of the special forces in Aden, their leader refused Hadi orders tolding his soldiers 'there is no legitimacy', so they revolted and kicked him out.

Moments ago, commander of an artillery brigade prevented the soldiers from leaving the base after they refused to move to bomb saudi border.
The real Yemenies are taking a stand against this nonsense. The only aggression is coming from Iran-backed groups.

@Oscar my friend.

Salah built an Army loyal to him not to the country & by Iranian funding he managed to confirm the loyalty of the big officers..

Regardless of whose loyalties lie where, the simple fact I am stating is that those supporting Hadi are just as incompetent and "stupid" as the ones fighting with the Houthis.

Didn't Saleh run to Riyadh after the ''revolution got to him?

Yes, KSA saved his neck & provided him health care to his injuries, and now he is conspiring with mullahs either power to his son or burns the country, just like Assad thug.

In this audio leak, in a meeting with his loyal Officers he told them :
'' We will face the Yemeni people till the last drop of our blood. ''
'' Destroy anything beautiful in Yemen. ''

Yemeni version of Asshead with the same mullahs backing both of them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

U.S. Rescues Two Saudi Fighter Pilots After Splashdown
Near Yemen

The U.S. Air Force and Navy rescued two Saudi pilots Friday after they ejected from their F-15 fighter over the Gulf of Aden during combat operations against Houthi rebels in Yemen.

The Saudi jet apparently suffered some mechanical problem forcing the pilots to eject. A U.S. Air Force Pave Hawk special operations helicopter and crew were dispatched from Djibouti to rescue the Saudi pilots.

Although their conditions are unknown, they were reported to be ambulatory. The Saudi jet and the two pilots went down in international waters. The rescue operation was coordinated by the USS Sterett, a guided-missile destroyer.

The entire operation took two hours. Saudi Arabia Thursday announced itbombed military installations in Yemen to weaken the Shiite rebels who chased the president out of the country.

U.S. Rescues Two Saudi Fighter Pilots After Splashdown Near Yemen - NBC News

Okay Official confirmation, am F-15S went down in the red sea en route from Yemen due to a mechanical failure, US navy rescues the pilots over the red sea to the close proximity to the location, both pilots are alive and well and have asked to resume their duties.

Regardless of whose loyalties lie where, the simple fact I am stating is that those supporting Hadi are just as incompetent and "stupid" as the ones fighting with the Houthis.

The problem is not incompetence or power for that matter but the lack of a coherent strategy. As I wrote then Yemen is a divided country politically and geographically. In the South of Yemen you have communists (South Yemen was one of the few communist states in the Muslim world), Islamists, Southern separatists, AQAP elements, tribal elements, tribes loyal to Hadi etc. Yet all of them are against the Houthi's but what is yet to be seen is whether they can put their differences aside and work together to push the Houthi's back to their strongholds in Northern Yemen, mainly the Saada province. Yemenis are very territorial people and no Southerner for instance would tolerate Northerners (Houthi's) to invade their cities and tell them what to do. Similar to Afghanistan actually.

At the same time in Northern Yemen you have divisions. Anyone that is not an extremist Zaydi is against Houthi's at the end of the day and those who are not are simply tired of the mess that Yemen has been for a long time and want to start from a fresh. Some of them are so gullible that they believe that highly incompetent people like the Houthi's can change everything.

Then as @Decisive Storm and @Gasoline correctly wrote you have the Saleh gang. We are talking about a man that ruled Yemen for over 30 years. He still has many loyalists in the army. An army he built for himself rather than for the country. An army more loyal to him than Yemen. The same Saleh and his gang were fighting against the Houthi's in 2009 and 2010 ALONGSIDE KSA.

Now it's true that KSA should have dealt with all this differently already when Saleh was ruling (who at times was close to KSA and at other in conflict) but Yemen is to KSA what Afghanistan is to Pakistan. It's more trouble and a headache than anything.

I hope that was explanation enough.

Great post. I think you should contribute more on this and suggest ideas to diffuse the situation before it gets out of hand. Trust me: There will not be any 'winners' in this conflict in that region--and extending to Pakistan. Both KSA and Iran are formidable powers.
The only beneficiaries would be people thousands of miles away or their so-called 'outpost' in that region.

You are welcome. Maybe in a thread with less trolling and where the emotions are not running as high. I agree with your post.:)

Dear brother @Gasoline (I cannot quote your post as it contains links which I am still not allowed to post for some reason).

PressTV, Fars News Agency, Al-Alam and all of those other Farsi Mullah propaganda channels should really merge into 1 big channel and call themselves FARCETV. That would be more fitting considering the bullshit that they are "reporting" 24/7.

I think it is safe to assume that the air threat posed by the Houthis has been eliminated. Reports indicate that the RSAF checked the skies and destroyed 4 mig-29s on the ground during the initial hours of the air operation. The main threat to coalition air power will be the MANPADs, but that is only if the strike planes descend to a lower altitude than needed to drop JDAMs or GBUs, which is unlikley. With the US providing logistical support the coalition isn't going to run out of bombs any time soon, so no worries there. So far only one loss, which was reportedly mechanical failure of a Saudi F-15, both pilots were rescued. Air campaign is going well for the coalition, whether there will be a ground offensive remains to be seen.

:enjoy:

Nice MJ avatar.

White House : Obama spoke with the Saudi King a little while ago and assured him of his support for the Decisive Storm Op.

Sky News : 4 soldiers loyal to Saleh and Houthi killed and others wounded in an ambush by citizens in the province of Abyan.

Saudi Defence Minister held a visual conversation with the pilots and get reassured about their safety.
They asked him to continue their combat.

AFP : King Salman thank President Obama for the rescue of the two pilots by the US forces Over the Red Sea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom