What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

You are pushing your wishes as facts. How did a jet flying over Gulf of Aden get hit by a SAM and both Pilots ejected?

You know what?
I've something laughable.:lol:
As I read, Houthis turned on the radar of SAM air defense system by mistake :lol:
Then royal Saudi air force captured the signals of the radar and shot down the SAM system within few seconds :rofl:
After that how would you expect from this stupid militia to shot down an aircraft !

Mersads and Raads would rip apart F-15s and Typhoons to pieces 8-)
I doubt it. Unless those Typhoons(which are probably not taking part so far as they are a new asset and the RSAF may not be confident enough to let it loose) and Eagles deliberately make stupid mistakes; neither the Marsad nor Raad will have have much luck against their potent EW suite. The best they can do is force the jets to fly lower or use stand off weapons which may lead to greater collateral damage.

@Horus
I need ur opinion here as i coildn't send u msg regarding why china dont use jf 17. my stance is:
For all saying "jf 17 a chinese crap as they have themselves not inducted it".
Till 90 china was interested in it, but when china got thr hand on su 27 (J11) they showed reluctance on super 7 program. China is bigger. She needs a plane of longer range with higher payload and speed. However pak needed lighter and economical air craft.
So what china did that on surface they told world that they are developing jf 17 for thr airforce too (1998). The reason was china can buy some critical parts of the plane and US and europe cannot put sanctions on china. OW it was internal understanding that Pak is final user. I heard pak general praising russia as they didn't hinder giving RD engines despite they knew pak is its main user.
so it was a great DIPLOMACY and STRATEGY

I think the Saudi Military had been raring to go for a while but without any useful CSAR assets were reluctant to risk any pilots in battle.

One possible outcome is the Saudis(or the Iranians) trying a Crimea on Yemen. Essentially landing regular troops without any flags or colours and calling them irregulars.

I'd discount Iran from that calculus. Their logistical route is all but dead.

You know what?
I've something laughable.:lol:
As I read, Houthis turned on the radar of SAM air defense system by mistake :lol:
Then Saudi Aricrafts captured the signals of the radar and shot down the SAM system within few seconds :rofl:
After that how would you expect from this stupid militia to shot down an aircraft !

What is more laughable is that these simpletons have still managed to push the Hadi loyalists all the way to the back, so its simply a case of one stupid militia currently beating an even more stupid loyalist army. So whether they are stupid or not; they clearly are effective against the opposition they currently face.

I doubt it. Unless those Typhoons(which are probably not taking part so far as they are a new asset and the RSAF may not be confident enough to let it loose) and Eagles deliberately make stupid mistakes; neither the Marsad nor Raad will have have much luck against their potent EW suite. The best they can do is force the jets to fly lower or use stand off weapons which may lead to greater collateral damage.

Typhoons are taking part in Air Patrol as part of the No-Fly-Zone.

I'd discount Iran from that calculus. Their logistical route is all but dead.

Most likely, they are probably going to abandon the Houthis at some point and sit this one out. Unless they really push in supplies to the Houthis via some form of engagement or action.. this is an investment lost.

@Horus
I need ur opinion here as i coildn't send u msg regarding why china dont use jf 17. my stance is:
For all saying "jf 17 a chinese crap as they have themselves not inducted it".
Till 90 china was interested in it, but when china got thr hand on su 27 (J11) they showed reluctance on super 7 program. China is bigger. She needs a plane of longer range with higher payload and speed. However pak needed lighter and economical air craft.
So what china did that on surface they told world that they are developing jf 17 for thr airforce too (1998). The reason was china can buy some critical parts of the plane and US and europe cannot put sanctions on china. OW it was internal understanding that Pak is final user. I heard pak general praising russia as they didn't hinder giving RD engines despite they knew pak is its main user.
so it was a great DIPLOMACY and STRATEGY

PLAAF has a huge quantity of J-7s to replace, so i won't discout FC-1 induction just yet.

Most likely, they are probably going to abandon the Houthis at some point and sit this one out. Unless they really push in supplies to the Houthis via some form of engagement or action.. this is an investment lost.

Which will send a 'Kill a Chicken to scare the monkey' message across other proxies that Iran leaves you to wolves when chips are down.

PLAAF has a huge quantity of J-7s to replace, so i won't discout FC-1 induction just yet.

They dont really need it as their force requirements are different. Unfortunately, to most of the copy paste variety we have here.. shoving down a product just because its there means something. +

Which will send a 'Kill a Chicken to scare the monkey' message across other proxies that Iran leaves you to wolves when chips are down.

As such the Houthis are expendable since its just a "nice avenue" to have a presence on GCCs own backyard. However, when it comes to Iraq or Syria.. the Iranians will be much less easily persuaded.

Technically, the Houthi advance was Iran's version of GCCs "ISIS investment". The Arabs tried to create trouble for Persia's little corner.. they struck back.

What is more laughable is that these simpletons have still managed to push the Hadi loyalists all the way to the back, so its simply a case of one stupid militia currently beating an even more stupid loyalist army. So whether they are stupid or not; they clearly are effective against the opposition they currently face.

The most laughable thing is that you may don't know that 99.99999% of Yemenis people are well armed.So if they would do like Houthis militias and use the force/killing tools they'll ends with thousands of victims.The secret behind Houthis' power is the support that they get it from the deep government ( the gov. of Ali Abdullah Saleh) not because he's well trained or because of his equipments and experience . :-)

Houthis effectiveness gained from Saleh not from Houthi itself.:wave:

The most laughable thing is that you may don't know that 99.99999% of Yemenis people are well armed.So if they would do like Houthis militias and use the force/killing tools they'll ends with thousands of victims.The secret behind Houthis' power is the support that they get it from the deep government ( the gov. of Ali Abdullah Saleh) not because he's well trained or because of its equipments . :-)

Houthis effectiveness gained from Saleh not from Houthi itself.:wave:

This particular map says otherwise.
yemen-control-map.jpg

@Oscar

My hunch is that at some point the outcome of this war will hinge on ground invasion. If Huthis are still making gains under air strikes, the other side hasn't worked out its show yet.

Back
Top Bottom