What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

5 Saudi soldiers killed (at least), 1 vehicle destroyed, 2 Abrams and 1 armored vehicle captured in Jizan province, Saudi Arabia. After that, Saudis bombed the area of operation inside their territory.

Edit: It's actually 10 soldiers, 5 killed in Jizan, 5 killed in Najran province.

Last edited:
5 Saudi soldiers killed (at least), 1 vehicle destroyed, 2 Abrams and 1 armored vehicle captured in Jizan province, Saudi Arabia. After that, Saudis bombed the area of operation inside their territory.

Edit: It's actually 10 soldiers, 5 killed in Jizan, 5 killed in Najran province.
Since when filming a thing from at least 50 meters away means capture?

Since when filming a thing from at least 50 meters away means capture?

I thought it's obvious that the personnel have left the vehicles and ran away. Or maybe they just parked them there to pose for a picture.

Doesn't matter though, Abrams are of no use for Yemenis in this war. They'll destroy them upon capture.

Five Saudi troops die on Yemen border: Coalition | Zee News
Last Updated: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 04:25
Riyadh: Five Saudi soldiers have died on the border with Yemen, the Saudi-led coalition has said as forces inside Yemen began a major offensive against rebels.

A coalition statement yesterday did not say how the army soldier and four Border Guard troops died in the kingdom's southern Najran region.

Neither did it specify the date of the incident.

The statement, carried by the official Saudi Press Agency, said they died "in the line of duty while protecting the nation's borders".

It appeared to be the largest single military loss in the border region announced by the coalition since March 26, when it began action in Yemen against Iran-backed Huthi rebels.

However, unlike most announcements of Saudi military casualties in the border zone, the statement gave no details.

In June the coalition said four Saudis and dozens of Yemenis were killed in battle when forces loyal to Yemen's former president attacked several locations on the Saudi border.

Months of coalition air strikes failed to dislodge the Huthis from territory they had seized in Yemen.

But they began to lose ground in July when the coalition, according to military sources, sent in armour, troops and Yemeni fighters trained in Saudi Arabia.

Yesterday coalition-supported anti-rebel forces in Yemen began a major offensive aimed at pushing the Huthis out of Marib province and eventually moving on the capital Sanaa which the Huthis seized last year.

Riyadh formed the Arab alliance, in support of exiled President Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi, in response to fears that the Huthis would take over all of

Yemen and move it into the orbit of Sunni Saudi Arabia's Shiite regional rival Iran.

At least 60 people have been killed in Saudi Arabia from shelling and skirmishes along the frontier with Yemen since the coalition campaign began.

Most of the border casualties have been soldiers.

Another 10 Saudi troops died inside Yemen earlier this month. They were among 60 coalition soldiers killed when a missile hit their base in Marib province.

The World Health Organization says more than 4,500 people, including a vast number of civilians, have been killed in Yemen since March 19.

AFP

Saudi air force pilot dies in helicopter crash | Zee News
Last Updated: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 02:12

Riyadh: Saudi Arabia's military blamed a "technical error" for a helicopter crash that killed a pilot during a training mission on Sunday.

The air force machine went down in the Taif area, more than 800 kilometres (500 miles) from the border with Yemen.

A defence ministry statement said the pilot was on a "routine training trip".

Since March 26, a Saudi-led Arab air coalition has been bombing Iran-backed Huthi rebels in Yemen, while also assisting local anti-rebel forces on the ground.

Coalition helicopters have joined the fight.

In late August, two pilots died when a coalition Apache gunship crashed in Saudi Arabia's Jazan district along the border.

Huthi rebels said they had shot down an Apache in the same region.

The anti-rebel forces in Yemen began a major offensive today aimed at pushing the Huthis out of Marib province and eventually moving on the capital Sanaa which the Huthis seized last year.

AFP

Destroying an Emirati vehicle, while soldiers left another one and ran away. Leaving an armored vehicle and running into desert? Seriously?

Take away GCC air force and their ground troops will probably surrender in minutes if they are faced with a proper enemy. They just suck, literally.

Destroying an Emirati vehicle, while soldiers left another one and ran away. Leaving an armored vehicle and running into desert? Seriously?

Take away GCC air force and their ground troops will probably surrender in minutes if they are faced with a proper enemy. They just suck, literally.
It's well known that the air force can't win a war alone especially when that war included ground invasion. UAE army performance since they started their ground attack puts Iran and it's allies and brothers into shame forever. And yeh, they suck, maybe because they captured several governerates in few months. And if they succeeded in liberating Yemen in a year, they would break world-records and this war would be taught in the most prestigious military academies worldwide.

Even Iranian could claim the victory someday.. :lol:

It's well known that the air force can't win a war alone especially when that war included ground invasion. UAE army performance since they started their ground attack puts Iran and it's allies and brothers into shame forever. And yeh, they suck, maybe because they captured several governerates in few months. And if they succeeded in liberating Yemen in a year, they would break world-records and this war would be taught in the most prestigious military academies worldwide.

Even Iranian could claim the victory someday.. :lol:

UAE performance? What performance? :lol: Did they fight with ghosts in those 'liberated' provinces? How many UAE soldiers were killed by direct gun fire in a ground battle? How was that a good performance when they barely entered even one single direct ground battle with Houthis?

You are not fooling anyone here bro, that bs may sell in your countries, but not over here. Houthis pulled out of south simply because they didn't have a popular support base (in which they entered to kick Hadi the stooge out), so they couldn't stay there forever and they had to pull out eventually. They wouldn't even enter Aden and south if the stooge was not hiding in there. It's not a secret how north and south Yemenis think of each other.

You have been writing fantasies in this thread since day 1. You have to admit, GCC ground forces suck big time. If they didn't have their air force, I can bet, almost all of those soldiers in Marib would have been obliterated by now, or ran back to where they came from.

But, I must admit, GCC soldiers are great at one thing: breaking Olympic records running away from battles. At least, that's what I have seen till now.

If they win in major ground battle (with casualties on both sides), you can come here and talk. I say what I see.

I criticize military performances when I see fit, be it enemy or ally. I have bashed and criticized SAA various times in Syria thread. They sucked in many cases and made a joke of an armed force, and they were good in some other battles.

It's not like because I don't like GCC, I am talking like this. If they prove what you say in real battles on the ground, they will earn my respect, even as enemies. But till now, nothing is there.

PS: Whether Houthis win or lose in any battle, it has nothing to do with Iran, as GCC countries have been tearing themselves apart to somehow involve Iran in this. We didn't train them for battles, we didn't arm them and we have no military presence in Yemen, so if you want to boost your ego, this will not work, as much as you have been dreaming of 'defeating' Iran by bombing a country hundreds of kilometers away from Iran.

Last edited:
Yemeni forces attack border posts of the invading enemies. A complication.

Yemeni forces in Rabu'a town in Aseer. Southern Saudi Arabia after defeating Saudi forces.

Yemeni force stated that over 40 armoured vehicles have been destroyed in Maa'rib in the past 48 hours. Meanwhile the Yemeni forces continue to advance and ambush more Saudi outposts in southern Saudi Arabia.

Yemeni forces in Rabu'a town in Aseer. Southern Saudi Arabia after defeating Saudi forces.

Yemeni force stated that over 40 armoured vehicles have been destroyed in Maa'rib in the past 48 hours. Meanwhile the Yemeni forces continue to advance and ambush more Saudi outposts in southern Saudi Arabia.

Cheap propaganda from drug addicts as always while they are getting creamed in Mairab .

Saudi Army catch tens of naive Houthis while they were trying to penetrate the southern border...

CO5NsstWsAABLfJ.jpg

and they still think that they can invade Makkah !!

Saudis killed 18 civilians in Hajjah province and 12 civilians in Saada today.

Every time they fail in battlefield, they go full savage, as always.

Very graphic pics are already out from dead kids and women.

Which side is the real Yemeni Forces?
1- Idiots Yemenis who fighting for Persians and try to make their country a colony of planned Empire of Persian by Mollas?
2-Or Yemenis who fight side by side with their Own nation?

If you could give the true answer then you must know the real invader either

1- Idiots Yemenis who fighting for Persians and try to make their country a colony of planned Empire of Persian by Mollas?

Very intelligent post. I've decided to completely change everything I believe in, and carve KSA on my face. That's how good your post was.

So, the battle to clean up Maarib has started:

BTW, where are the Iranians & pro who were betting that the Arab Coalition would never be able to set a foot in Yemen and then changed their mind and made it Northern Yemen? I bet they will change their mind again and say " We meant North-West Yemen", but even after this part is cleaned up they will just say "Arabs kill Arabs" :lol: They always have sth to say.

Due to Geographic condiotions of Yemen the characteristics of Houthis forces it is required some counter-Guerilla/Special forces units for an ordinary army fighting in Yemen.....
Main Tasks:
1-Going into deep of Huthis controlled region to gathering military infos and to give air force the coordinates of critic military poinst.
2- Ambushing convoys with minimum risk to give enemy maximum casualties and ruin them pssychologicaly in their own territory....

Iran applies the same tactics againist Saudi led coalition forces using their trained Houthis puppets..

And that's why it's taken 6 months for Yemenis who fight side by side by their own nation and coalition's troops to invade the same very Yemen which has been colonized by evil Persian empire led by Mollas without any agent or troops on the ground?
How powerful this Persians are .... :lol::lol:
And what would happen if these the so-called Persians step in the battlefield ...??

Back
Top Bottom