What's new

Operation 'Decisive Storm' | Saudi lead coalition operations in Yemen - Updates & Discussions.

Aden port has fallen to the houthis...News just now. Indian ships cannot go there now

It's very foolish to think Iran is sending these 2 warships for a war, this is a routine naval vessel that has been sent numerous times before to fight piracy in gulf of Aden and has actually repulsed various pirate attacks on Iran's vessels. save your mighty power for those Yemenis who live in refugee camps and workers of factories. Because that's what the whole 'Failed Storm' operation is all about now.
ok im sending your advice to the saudi king. im sure he will take it into consideration
meanwhile you need any help with 20 million iranians living under poverty while you are spending money on wars ?!
you need any help with your highest drug addiction rate in the world ?
i can go on with your problems. you need help. while your government is spending all its money and resource on wars.

Too bad Iran cant dock it's warships in Port Sudan anymore :P

Cross Posting from Another Defense Site the Following comment is not my View, I found the observation interesting so I am pasting it here.

The Saudi Army in total is 150,000. Their actual combat strength is not more than ~85,000. One of the prime reasons they have required the services of Pakistani/Egyptian contingents in the past.

The actual infantry component in the kingdom is the Saudi Army National Guard which unlike the Army recruits exclusively from regimes own tribes and reports to the King directly. The National Guard is specifically deployed to protect the Saudi Royals against coups and increasingly to counter terror. IIRC, they should number around 95,000 and are spread all over the Kingdom and have also recently reinforced the restive Iraq border against ISIS chaps.

The Shia Zaidi's (aka Houthi's) are hardcore mountain fighters and have always retreated into the mountains where they have conducted an expensive attrition campaign against the enemy. This is not the first time the Saudi's have resorted to airpower against them and much bad blood exists between the two ever-since they were ousted from their lands in the East by the Saudi's. The Houthi's were once before obliterated by the Yemeni Army however have since grown immensely at the expense of the later.

The Saudi Army is not structured for a land campaign they are likely to face ie COIN Ops. They barely field 8 Infantry Brigades, out of which only 3 are Light Infantry ones which can take the fight to the enemy beyond the mountainous Najran region into the Zaidi controlled Al Jawf & Saada. In all, a lone Infantry Division plus worth of troops is what the Saudi Army can possibly muster for a foray into unknown mountain terrain. Where remote unconnected valleys would render their Mechanised forces a liability like the Soviets faced in Afghanistan while being reduced to protecting crucial lines of communication. This is ideal ambush countryside with an average altitude of 7,000 ft along the coast in the rebel's own backyard.
its not accurate at all. we have our own mountain war school. now an exercise called samsam 5 is taking place in that mountain training school with pakistan army. its under estimating our real power.

and to correct you. houthies are not zaidies they are 12ers shia. they used to be zaidies before their leader badr aldeen alhouthi and his son went to iran and changed to 12 imam shia

Last edited:
The only joke here is Iranian operations, Iran fighting in Iraq and Syria with their respective governments in addition to numerous militias and hezbollah for hiw many hears now? Still couldnt defeat a bunch of unorganized fighters. And after all the destruction anf killing, at the end they had to call for good ol' USA for airstrikes.

Pffft

Iran is weaker than I thought, dissapointed.

its not accurate at all. we have our own mountain war school. now an exercise called samsam 5 is taking place in that mountain training school with pakistan army. its under istemating our real power.

and to correct you. houthies are not zaidies they are 12ers shia. they used to be zaidies before their leader badr aldeen alhouthi and his son went to iran and changed to 12 imam shia
I am not very well versed with the history of this conflict I am just cross posting an opinion which I found interesting.

The only joke here is Iranian operations, Iran fighting in Iraq and Syria with their respective governments in addition to numerous militias and hezbollah for hiw many hears now? Still couldnt defeat a bunch of unorganized fighters. And after all the destruction anf killing, at the end they had to call for good ol' USA for airstrikes.

Pffft
hey dont tell the iranians that they asked for US help. the government havent told them yet. dont ruin their dreams man!
they can have a heart attack! whats wrong with you ?!

I am not very well versed with the history of this conflict I am just cross posting an opinion which I found interesting.
yes i read what you said in the beginning.. im just giving you the real pic.
plus the saudi army, national guard and minister of interior are very well trained with modern weapons and equipment. and a lot of our soldiers live in the south where its exactly same as yemen.
yemen is not a strange place for us. we have family and tribes that half live in yemen and half live in saudi. we went to war many times there we had operations inside yemen. we have very good intel. hamdulellah!
saudi intelligence even had pics of iranian missiles and they know their serial number.
and another mistake ppl are making. they think that the houthis are running the show. thats wrong. they are just the cover. they are being used. the real power was ali abdullah saleh and the iranians until the war started.
now mostly its ali abdullah saleh

The US offered KSA help and refueling, KSA declined.

Iranians and Shiites begged for Airstrikes and they got it.

The world offered KSA a seat at the security council, KSA basically told them to shove it up their asses.

Yeah.. Iran wouldnt dream of that, theyve been trying too hard during the last years to garner support for a candidacy but still a pipe dream for them.

Keep living in your delusions, no one will even care if you get bombed, no matter how high you think of Qum and your shrines. Shiites are a high pitched and vocal MINORITY, deal with it.

Iran doesnt even need to send its own forces to control you asswipes. Through its proxies it is fighting FAR beyond its own borders. Iran is also a new neighbour of Saudi Wahabia through Yemen... so the JOKE IS ON YOU for not containing Iranian proxies (nevermind Iran itself lol... LOL)
You terrorist pigs, we will drag you into a never ending proxy war and wear you down as hell :lol:... be prepared wahabi scum.

@Serpentine see even he knows iran is behind the mess

Thank You for posting some information relevant to the thread
Source ???

I was just watching the TV debate (NDTV) regarding evacuation and suddenly the anchor said that he is getting this news from his cell by twitter.

Back
Top Bottom