What's new

Operation Blue Star -Sikh Holocaust 1984

Status
Not open for further replies.
One interest point is were the Sikh militants actually Sikh terrorist? Or were they Sikh freedom fighters?
If they were Sikh terrorist one must prove they specifically targeted civilians. So how many civilians did these Sikh terrorist kill?

If they were Sikh freedom fighters then they would most likely resist against Indian Army forces and fight for freedom from oppression.

Any thoughts?

What was LTTE?

freedome fighters...or terrorists....

I guess they were terrorists and a banned organization ..because they tried to devide a nation...for reasons may be similar to Khalistan movement followers....

any thoughts....

i know that bihari r not well treated in punjab but it is also true that they choose to come to punjab and no body invite them, have you ever been to ludhiana? if yes, have you seen how many biharis(recpectfuly) are ther in ludhiana. and notice calling bihari a bihari(come from bihar) is nothing wrong while sardar is more discourteous. saying oye sardar is wrong(like oye hindu or oye muslim) but u can say oye punjabi that is nothing wrong

WTF.. Is calling a sardar sardarji discourteous..!!! Man...!!! I have been doing this with my collegues..!!! Gabbar.. fateh..!!! please help me out here..!!!:undecided:

One interest point is were the Sikh militants actually Sikh terrorist? Or were they Sikh freedom fighters?

Depends who you ask. When insurgench started, first 3-4 years it had very good support amongs Sikhs but down the road when police started to use "CATS", some people started to loot and started to target Hindus in Punjab, it all went down hill from there.

If they were Sikh terrorist one must prove they specifically targeted civilians. So how many civilians did these Sikh terrorist kill?

Number is in thousands but not all terrorist were Sikhs. Do some search on police CATS in punjab who were acting like terrorist do bring one group's popularity down in the area.

If they were Sikh freedom fighters then they would most likely resist against Indian Army forces and fight for freedom from oppression.

Early days of the insurgeny it was against government and government instalaions. It was never agains Hindus, Congres did very good job in turning this between Hindus and Sikhs. 1984 rioting was supported by congress thugs. Many thousands were saved by thier hindus neiboughrs.

WTF.. Is calling a sardar sardarji discourteous..!!! Man...!!! I have been doing this with my collegues..!!! Gabbar.. fateh..!!! please help me out here..!!!:undecided:

I there is a mis-q here. Bihari is regionalism and sardar is more of a religion and identity thing. He is saying "oye sardar" is discourteous not sardarji. Infact sardarji is very respectfull thing. :pop:

What was LTTE?

freedome fighters...or terrorists....

I guess they were terrorists and a banned organization ..because they tried to devide a nation...for reasons may be similar to Khalistan movement followers....

any thoughts....

Agian depends you ask. You go talk to passionate tamil in SL, London or Toronto. According to them LTTE "was" a freedom movement. :coffee:

Look KJ, forced basically means against your will. right? Pakistan has Sikh marrige act. Why can't India has one? When ever you fill a marriage certificate, it goes under Hindu marriage act. It's the law and it's out of SC hands. Nothing agains Hinduism, it's about your own recognition here. Where I am from Hinds, Sikhs and Muslims lives side by side. We have gurdwara's, Shiv temple and Dargah in our village. When ever there is shivratri you will see orthodox Sikhs helping cook food, cleaning the premises and organizing events to help our Hindu brothers. It's not about Hindu Vs. Sikhs, it's about recognition, broken promises and when somebody tried to get them, they were killed by thier own government.

PS: (not at KJ) Please stop making rants here, please make rational and logical arguments.

You are one wise man who knows that loving religion doesn't necessarily mean hating India.

Many years down the lane i think .. "that i dont have an act but you do" kind of religous issues will be done away with. But in the first place why the fcuk do we have different acts, just have one act which allows a man to marry a women..!!! Rest let the community decide for itself.. if anything is done by force there is law to put a check on it.

If we put the practices of different religions into law then we are gonna have crores of law for just one simple thing called marriage.

I there is a mis-q here. Bihari is regionalism and sardar is more of a religion and identity thing. He is saying "oye sardar" is discourteous not sardarji. Infact sardarji is very respectfull thing. :pop:

Well in fact i call them oye sardarji..!!! :D Well since they havent complained i dont think i have a reason to worry right.!!! :)

Having so many religions, languages, and cultures have kept India strong during troubled times. But it has also brought some conflict as well. Since India is a very diverse nation, you have to have a secular society. If one group takes over everything and try implement thier changes, other will feel second class and unsecure. Its just the reality. We can't have extrimism in any religion dictating the whole community. RSS, VHP, TALIBANS, AL-QAIDA, BABBAR KHALSA, KLA etc, these such kind of organizations and idiology is a threat to our national unity.

Having so many religions, languages, and cultures have kept India strong during troubled times. But it has also brought some conflict as well. Since India is a very diverse nation, you have to have a secular society. If one group takes over everything and try implement thier changes, other will feel second class and unsecure. Its just the reality. We can't have extrimism in any religion dictating the whole community. RSS, VHP, TALIBANS, AL-QAIDA, BABBAR KHALSA, KLA etc, these such kind of organizations and idiology is a threat to our national unity.

Well ur right lets JUST have a secular constitution based on the principles of humanity.

You are one wise man who knows that loving religion doesn't necessarily mean hating India.

Many years down the lane i think .. "that i dont have an act but you do" kind of religous issues will be done away with. But in the first place why the fcuk do we have different acts, just have one act which allows a man to marry a women..!!! Rest let the community decide for itself.. if anything is done by force there is law to put a check on it.

If we put the practices of different religions into law then we are gonna have crores of law for just one simple thing called marriage.

I love Sikhism and I love India. I dont think they contridict each other. Khalsa was created to protect India from foreign invaders. Finally Maharaja Ranjit Singh did closed khyber pass and since then that have not been attack on India through that area. It was shamefull, disappointed, hurtfull act in 1984.

My dear Indian brother. We Sikh and Hindu r one will remain one we r Indian first. This thread is attempt by our enemy to create difference between us stop this thread .

^^ It doesn't matter who created this thread. But we should not be affraid discuss our dark history and shortcomings. That will make us stronger and hopefully prevent things like these in future.

^^ It doesn't matter who created this thread. But we should not be affraid discuss our dark history and shortcomings. That will make us stronger and hopefully prevent things like these in future.

believe me bro our friends r enjoying our fight...........

well it doesn't matter who created this thread and for what purpose.It is good that we've so far had a productive discussion in this regard.
but I really think that we should do something about the sikh marriage act....

@ glomex & duhastmish
nobody can't do anything for sikhs in india beacause we r discriminated & there is 0 respect and 0 power for sikhs in india, u can our pm he is sikh but can u please tell me wat he did for sikhs.
we have never been paid which we deserve. And these things i feel only after leaving punjab. i m till in india but the attitude of people in india towards us is notas expected. Beleive me, sikhs are seen as jokers??? (hindi films and media). Atleast by my generation. Do u know the trouble u will face in a college or uni. outside punjab if u r a turbaned sikh?? The time of "sardar ji" has gone. Now its "oye sardar" "surdi" or like this. They
make fun of our language, our appearance etc. and they dont know what we have done for india or they just dont want to appreciate. They will not miss a
single chance to comment on u as a sikh or "sadrar". The circulation of "surd jokes" or "sardar jokes" is a fashion, and more importantly they are such a sick
jokes they clearly show the image we are gaining. they will question u abt ur relegious beleifs and call then illogical (like having hair, beard and all) but as soon as the name "pakistan" comes, u r all good. One thing is clear, we had been the most respected community in india. But now we are loosing respect. Specially the new generation who has not seen sikhs fighting with british, china and pakistan
and with Mtv culture, i dont know if we will be able to pass our traditions to our children. One other thing I have realised that its all politics in history has united us with current india. But, in terms of culture traditions, tastes, mentality, physique, bodylanguage etc. we ARE far different from the othe people in india (u can arguethat it is tru for many communities in india) but till i personally feel a clear difference between punjab and rest of the india. My dream is to live in Punjab with all five rivers and with all hindu, muslim and sikh PUNJABIS.
brother you've had some bad experiences...but it's not like that at all.
I from my experience would like to tell you that all forms of regionalism and communalism are bad in a dynamic religious and cultural equilibrium that today's India is.One strike of the match and you'd have the country blazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom