What's new

One liners :)

"It does not matter how pro-American someone says they are, nor does it matter how pro-American they may be in their hearts. If the United States indicates that it is weak, it does not have staying power, or that it is afraid to stand up to evil, then everyone who lives in the region will begin to make their accommodation with evil simply because they will do what they need to do to survive. "

- Michael Rubin

Aristotle; the Greek philosopher & polymath

1. We make war so that we may live in peace.

2. The wise man speaks because he has something to say, the fool speaks because he has to say something.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” -- George Bernard Shaw

^^^
Obviously, GBS was a "progressive". After two World Wars progressives no longer believed that "unreasonable" was necessarily a good quality.

"It must be a principle that a proof taken from the Traditions [of the compainions of Mohammed] has to undergo modification when in manifest contradiction to the evidence of the senses."

- Ibn-al-Khatib, a fourteenth-century Muslim physician in Granada, from The Reformation, Durant, XXX-VIII, 1957.

I'm one proud Gentile. I haven't been brain-washed to think i'm some superior race.
You've got a lot of Western education so you know better. But you have absolutely no plans to enlighten your countrymen, right? On the contrary, you find it more attractive to apply your knowledge to exploit them for financial and political purposes, yes?

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."

- Winston Churchill

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic."

Joseph Stalin.

Back
Top Bottom