What's new

One liners :)

Who is wise? He that learns from everyone. Who is powerful? He that governs his passions. Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody. (Benjamin Franklin; Scientist & Writer)

The proud hate pride - in others. (Benjamin Franklin; Scientist & Writer)

If men are so wicked with religion, what would they be without it? (Benjamin Franklin; Scientist & Writer)

There never was a good war or a bad peace. (Benjamin Franklin; Scientist & Writer)

**********​

Who was the first that forged the deadly blade? Of rugged steel his savage soul was made. (Tibullus; the Latin poet)

Far better it is to have a stout heart always and suffer one's share of evils, than to be ever fearing what may happen. (Herodotus; the ancient Greek historian)

Perhaps you'd like to ask your imam THIS question and see what he says!

Did someone call me ? Nah..I don't have an answer for that is a conundrum that mankind has been incessantly engaged in answering ab initio and we'd probably continue with it ab infinitum !

P.S I like to be called Sensei instead ! :woot:

Did someone call me ? Nah..I don't have an answer for that is a conundrum that mankind has been incessantly engaged in answering ab initio and we'd probably continue with it ab infinitum !

P.S I like to be called Sensei instead ! :woot:

I think that quote is being taken out of context. What he probably meant is God stands for justice as he declared in all holy scriptures. We need to listen to the full speech to be sure of anything.

I think that quote is being taken out of context. What he probably meant is God stands for justice as he declared in all holy scriptures. We need to listen to the full speech to be sure of anything.

I know and I hope so do either of our friends ! I think that it was more of a rhetorical statement supposed to induce a deep sense of 'Justice' for all then to be taken so literally...though I maybe wrong !

A young woman in the audience spoke out. “We are all, here, in favor of velayat-e faqih. But if the people say they don’t want velayat-e faqih they don’t want it. We’re not animals.”

The crowd turned hostile, chanting, “Death to those who oppose velayat-e faqih!”

“Members of parliament are representatives of the people, not of the government or velayat-e faqih,” Motahari said, in a tone bordering on insouciance. “We should not interpret velayat-e faqih as a monarchy, which means cruelty and oppression.” He added, “You young people don’t know velayat-e faqih. You should read my father’s books.”

The young women booed him—as much for his condescension, it seemed, as for his iconoclasm. But Motahari was undeterred. “Some people say velayat-e faqih is higher than justice. You can’t say that. Not even God is higher than justice.”

Motahari strode out of the auditorium...

Read more Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Iran’s Farcical Election : The New Yorker

^^^

Soloman Miyan, that is not a onle liner, but a bunch of one liners, ie a paragraph. :lol:

BTW what is the meaning? I did not get that anyways..

Back
Top Bottom