What's new

One Chinese J-10 Fighter Crashed in August, its Pilot awarded merit

aimarraul

Reaction score
Posted on 26 August 2009 by admin

August 27 (China Defense Mashup Reporting by Johnathan Weng) — On August 25, the PLA Air Force awarded pilot Meng Fansheng the first-class merit for his successful disposing the air crisis of J-10 fighter.

On the eve of the Army Day which fell on August 1, Meng Fansheng, first-class pilot of the PLA Air Force, successfully parachuted under the situation of the abrupt loss of the engine power when he piloted his J-10 fighter to take off to the height of 680 m from the ground in the flight training.

PLA Air Force’s investigation showed that the AL-31F engine malfunction cause this accident and Meng Fansheng attempted to resume the power for several times, and manipulated his J-10 fighter to avoid the populous areas twice in the handling of the serious special situation.

J-10 is Chinese first indigenous third-generation fighter but its power is AL-31F Turbofan engine imported from Russia. China has developed “Taihang” Turbofan engine but its quality is not stable and cannot be used in J-10 single engine fighter yet.

b406308dd9b7ef88cc812c4fdde8aac4.jpg

In March 2009, one J-10 fighter also met an engine failure during a training flight. Fortunately, the pilot Li Feng made a successful forced landing and saved his fighter.

Meng Fansheng, ethnic Man, graduated from a flying academy of the PLA Air Force in 1996, has flied for 2,000 hours in total. And Li Feng is an air force pilot with more than 2,000 hours of flight time.

In July, a Chinese Air Force JH-7A fighter-bomber participating in the Sino-Russian “PeaceMission-2009″ joint anti-terror exercise crashed at Yaonan military training base in northeast China. Two pilots were dead.

It did not crash..got back to base successfully without engine by gliding.

J10 is 3rd Generation fighter :S ?

J10 is 3rd Generation fighter :S ?

chinese classification of generations is different, Chinese 3rd generation is equivalent to European & american 4th generation, meaning J-10 is 3rd gen on Chinese scale n 4th gen on European scale :china:

if it has an engine problem then why PAF is going for this...? they should consider J-11 if there is no financial problem in this regard or let Chiness friends to solve this problem and then PAF should consider it.

if it has an engine problem then why PAF is going for this...? they should consider J-11 if there is no financial problem in this regard or let Chiness friends to solve this problem and then PAF should consider it.

J-11 has also got Russian Al-31 and its chinese equivalent is not doing good, Chinese are not doing very well in engine research, we can hope for good result :china:

Posted on 26 August 2009 by admin

PLA Air Force’s investigation showed that the AL-31F engine malfunction cause this accident and Meng Fansheng attempted to resume the power for several times, and manipulated his J-10 fighter to avoid the populous areas twice in the handling of the serious special situation.

In March 2009, one J-10 fighter also met an engine failure during a training flight. Fortunately, the pilot Li Feng made a successful forced landing and saved his fighter.

In July, a Chinese Air Force JH-7A fighter-bomber participating in the Sino-Russian “PeaceMission-2009″ joint anti-terror exercise crashed at Yaonan military training base in northeast China. Two pilots were dead.

what other options do we have? i mean can PAF go for a western engine like they are trying for western avionics/radars (french may be) for JF17 (next batch)?

by the way can any one tell which engine do JF17 (first batch) have?

what other options do we have? i mean can PAF go for a western engine like they are trying for western avionics/radars (french may be) for JF17 (next batch)?

by the way can any one tell which engine do JF17 (first batch) have?

switching engines is one hell of a difficult job, first badge of JF-17 is using Russian RD-93

switching engines is one hell of a difficult job, first badge of JF-17 is using Russian RD-93

so why not use rd93, since JF17 is going to be the main fighter in the coming years for pakistan and since pakistan has started manufacturing it, pakistan will be able to mintain these engines more quickly and efficently. if rd 93 is suitable, i mean in terms of thrust and other parameters i think we should ask our chinese friends to put these engines (or any other suitable russian/western dependable engine) instead of al31. i mean it is better to do a little hard work now than to crash land every 3rd month due to engine failure. dont you think.
i am a layman in this field so i may be wrong in my opinion but this is what seems better to me.

regards

sincerely

so why not use rd93, since JF17 is going to be the main fighter in the coming years for pakistan and since pakistan has started manufacturing it, pakistan will be able to mintain these engines more quickly and efficently. if rd 93 is suitable, i mean in terms of thrust and other parameters i think we should ask our chinese friends to put these engines (or any other suitable russian/western dependable engine) instead of al31. i mean it is better to do a little hard work now than to crash land every 3rd month due to engine failure. dont you think.
i am a layman in this field so i may be wrong in my opinion but this is what seems better to me.

regards

sincerely

heheee JF-17 is using RD-93, J-11 & su-27 & su-30 are using AL-31F, both engines r different with different thrust, they cant be swapped, chinese are going for equivalents of RD-93 & AL-31F, but uptil now their progress is slow in this field, they will soon catch up :china:

regards

sincerely

You mean to say put the engine of an Alto 1000cc in a Toyota Corolla GLi 1600cc engine, or a Charade Diesel engine in a Toyota Corolla 2D ???

By the above example just imagine if such a thing happens, what will happen to the cars :)

chinese classification of generations is different, Chinese 3rd generation is equivalent to European & american 4th generation, meaning J-10 is 3rd gen on Chinese scale n 4th gen on European scale :china:

WHAT??:woot:.......who told u that BS. its like saying chinse 1 Kilometer is equal to european 5 Kilometer.:rolleyes:. If its a 3rd generation in chinese then its 3rd generation anywhere else in the world, same happen if its 4th or 5th gen. The classification of generation is based on the capabilites of aircraft and if the aircraft have those particular capabilities then it belong to a certain generation.:agree:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom