What's new

One Chinese J-10 Fighter Crashed in August, its Pilot awarded merit

WHAT??:woot:.......who told u that BS. its like saying chinse 1 Kilometer is equal to european 5 Kilometer.:rolleyes:. If its a 3rd generation in chinese then its 3rd generation anywhere else in the world, same happen if its 4th or 5th gen. The classification of generation is based on the capabilites of aircraft and if the aircraft have those particular capabilities then it belong to a certain generation.:agree:
its just tht Chinese name it this way
chinese 3rd gen= american 4th gen....
i m sure about it, may be some other member will tell u about it...

WHAT??:woot:.......who told u that BS. its like saying chinse 1 Kilometer is equal to european 5 Kilometer.:rolleyes:. If its a 3rd generation in chinese then its 3rd generation anywhere else in the world, same happen if its 4th or 5th gen. The classification of generation is based on the capabilites of aircraft and if the aircraft have those particular capabilities then it belong to a certain generation.:agree:

nope, she is right,the chinese way of classification of AC into generations is as follows:

2nd genertion westren-----> chinese1st generation
3rd genertion westren------> chinese 2nd genertion
4th genertaion wetren------> chinese 3rd generation
5th genertaion wetren------>chinese 4th genertaion

A simple reason being, the Chinese never built the First Generation fighter aircraft s, which were built starting from 2nd WW jets to the mid 50s. China started to make its own licensed Mig-17 in late 50s, so Mig-17 was their first generation of aircraft while for west at that time 2nd generation had already started.

So chinese generation system is one step behind the western as they never produced 1st gen aircraft.

I do hope the BS is now cleared with a logical reason.

First Generation Fighters

Messerschmitt Me 262 Schwalbe
Heinkel He 162 Salamander
Messershmitt Me 162 Komet
Gloster Meteor
de Havilland Vampire
de Havilland Venom
Hawker Siddeley/Armstrong Whitworth Sea Hawk
Supermarine Attacker
Supermarine Swift
Lockheed P-80 (F-80) Shooting Star
Republic F-84 Thunderjet / Thunderstreak
North American F-86 Sabre
Northrop F-89 Scorpion
Lockheed F-94 Starfire
McDonnell FH-1 Phantom
Vought F6U Pirate
Vought F7U Cutlass
North American FJ (F-1) Fury
McDonnell F2H (F-2) Banshee
McDonnell F3H (F-3) Demon
Douglas F4D (F-6) Skyray
Grumman F9F (F-9) Panther / Cougar
Douglas F3D (F-10) Skyknight
Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-15
Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-17
Lavochkin La-15
Yakovlev Yak-15
Yakovlev Yak-17
Yakovlev Yak-23
Dassault Ouragan
Dassault Mystère
Saab J21R
Saab J29
Saab Lansen
Avro Canada CF-100 Canuck

Second Generation Fighters

North American F-100 Super Sabre
McDonnell F-101 Voodoo
Convair F-102 Delta Dagger
Lockheed F-104 Starfighter
Republic F-105 Thunderchief
Convair F-106 Delta Dart
Vought F8U (F-8) Crusader
Grumman F11F (F-11) Tiger
Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-19
Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-21
Sukhoi Su-9 / Su-11
Yakovlev Yak-25
BAC Lightning
de Havilland Sea Vixen
Gloster Javelin
Hawker Hunter
Supermarine Scimitar
Dassault Etendard
Dassault Mirage III
Saab Draken

heheee JF-17 is using RD-93, J-11 & su-27 & su-30 are using AL-31F, both engines r different with different thrust, they cant be swapped, chinese are going for equivalents of RD-93 & AL-31F, but uptil now their progress is slow in this field, they will soon catch up :china:

yes i hope and know that they will soon:china::pakistan:. we will recieve our J10s in 2015, i guess, and by that time J10 engine and chinese aircraft engine tech as well will be matured enough.

You mean to say put the engine of an Alto 1000cc in a Toyota Corolla GLi 1600cc engine, or a Charade Diesel engine in a Toyota Corolla 2D ???

By the above example just imagine if such a thing happens, what will happen to the cars :)

interesting example tahir khan, thanks:tup:. so J10, su27 and su30 are corolla GLi and JF17 is alto. :rofl:.

by the way, my point was to get the engine replaced by any options (western, french etc) with equivalent thrust and specs and if rd93 can be one of the option it is more suitable because we have JF17 and we will have more capabilities of maintaing it.

okay i rephrase my question, do we have any other options if we want J10 s engine to be replaced by some other equivalent engine (western/US/chinese/russian) with the same specs and thrust?

regards

sincerely

yes i hope and know that they will soon:china::pakistan:. we will recieve our J10s in 2015, i guess, and by that time J10 engine and chinese aircraft engine tech as well will be matured enough.

interesting example tahir khan, thanks:tup:. so J10, su27 and su30 are corolla GLi and JF17 is alto. :rofl:.

by the way, my point was to get the engine replaced by any options (western, french etc) with equivalent thrust and specs and if rd93 can be one of the option it is more suitable because we have JF17 and we will have more capabilities of maintaing it.

okay i rephrase my question, do we have any other options if we want J10 s engine to be replaced by some other equivalent engine (western/US/chinese/russian) with the same specs and thrust?

regards

sincerely

The only engines capable enough to power J-10 are either the Russian series engines or the P&W & G.E ones, both American ones.

Europeans have no such turbo-fan engines above the 100kN after burner thrust category.

The history of American embargoes will not able PAF to go for American engines, the other option left is Russian ones, having 50-50 chances, or the future Chinese WS-10A variant going through development.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom