What's new

Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group to produce 1,200 J-10 fighters

A "blitzkrieg" tactic is an umbrella term that is used to refer to an attack in which the aggressor attempts to overwhelm and capitulate the enemy by launching coordinated, multi-front, and most importantly, surprise assaults. Such requirements don't always include a freaking 10-hour artillery barrage like the Germans did during WWI or a Pearl Harbor style attack; any operation that catches the enemy off guard and manages to break through their defenses using surprise can be seen as such.

This means that the 1962 skirmish (it's not a full scale war since both sides restrained themselves) was in some respects similar to a blitzkrieg tactic, since the Chinese used coordinated mortar assaults in the opening front, but ultimately wasn't since India was expecting a counterattack after Indian troops were initially sent to occupy disputed territory.

But to say that the Chinese aren't considering the concept is simply ridiculous. First of all, after China extensively studied the Gulf War and such, the PLA embarked on a huge program to develop such weapons, such as long range cruise missiles (CJ-10, CJ-20, YJ-62, CM602G, YJ63, etc). They also developed the long range delivery mechanisms that would be needed to launch such "shock and we" assaults. Finally, their development and focus in stand off weapons seem to be in tandem with the notion that they are leaning towards the "shock and awe" tactic.

The notion that China doesn't plan on studying "blitzkrieg" tactics because they haven't done so is also erroneous. Every type of conflict calls for a different strategy and action. Just take a look at Vietnam and you'll see how "shock and awe" isn't always the way to go.

Sure, anyone can believe that China is "threatening" other countries when they turn a blind eye towards what caused the Chinese to react the way they did, such as Japan's unilateral purchase of the disputed islands.

I agree with some parts of your post,but Blitzkrieg isn't what you said..

Blitzkrieg a method of warfare whereby an attacking force spearheaded by a dense concentration of armoured and motorized or mechanized infantry formations, and heavily backed up by close air support,forces a breakthrough into the enemy's rear through a series of deep thrusts; and once in the enemy's rear, proceeds to dislocate them by utilizing speed and surprise, and then encircle them.

not just surprising attack(some might think it is)..even defender can be well prepared for upcoming assault..but Blitzkrieg is mainly bypassing enemy stronghold while encircle them in "Pockets" then destroy them in a "cauldron battle".

whatever,it was never a formal doctrine and its mainly a kind of Maneuver Warfare..now tell me,China ever tried this kind of battle??just asking,i'm not taunting you..I think china always use "brute Force" than bypassing the strong point...

PLAAF is too huge? hehe, you compare it with IAF? sorry, china biggest threat is USA, you should google how many planes USA have first?
And in fact, PLAAF is shrink in quantity of plane, I find your comment have revealed your ignorance on China.
As to that you say China don't have massive threat, it is very ridiculous, USA, Japan and India are not threat, only war happen, you just got to produce planes? can't understand indian mind!

Are you going to attack US with J 10?

It's about military posturing. India and Pakistan do this all the time, even though there is very little chance that both sides will go to war.

It's about military posturing. India and Pakistan do this all the time, even though there is very little chance that both sides will go to war.

Man you do not understand my question. Can J 10 reach US from china to fight? Rather they should have produced more missiles.

Man you do not understand my question. Can J 10 reach US from china to fight? Rather they should have produced more missiles.

Ah, right. In that case, they already have enough ICBMs to incinerate the world, so why build more?

For US bases in Taiwan and Japan and South Korea etc, and for the US carriers surrounding China.

Hope you will understand

So everything China prepares is to take on US base in sorrowing and what US prepares is to attack main land of China.

ha ha ha...are you angry? you forget to call the Chinese name, Diaoyu islands.

No, I don´t cheer the US, I hate them because of ther crimes during the war and the embargo time after their defeat. But today if the Americans can keep you at bay, I don´t have any objections. :D
There is no such thing as a lost cause. Time is on our side. We can wait 20, 40, 60 years however long it is to build our strength.

Lets not use brainF@@rt first and use facts,shall we??How many combat aircrafts IAF use??around 600-700..how many combat aircraft Japan use??around 350...how many USA deployed in Asia???around 200-300 may be..include 200 for their 2 ACG fleet..now,use your brain to think when these countries used direct threat of war,even discreetly,forget about joint threat on China??for last 50 years,how many times PLAAF were used in war??and now think about whats your PLAAF's size is..don't compare yourself with USA's massive fleet cause they generally fights a big war in almost each decade..and they have hundreds of Overseas base to protect..stop d!ck measuring and think about the quality these aircrafts now have..hell,even USa is thinking about shrinking its massive force.cause,in front of a 5th gen aircraft,2-3 4th gens are outgunned,forget about 3rd gen..
China had more than 4000+ fighters, now it still is shrinking, only about 2000 fighter, so, China and USA, which shrink their Air force more?
You said USAF deploy only 200~300 planes around us, regardless of the real scale, this is normal quantity, so do you think how many planes will be dispatch around us if war happen? and don't forget that American Carriers, and their planes are more advanced, 1200 J10 is too much? I also doubt we will produce 1200 plane, leave it, do you think these 1200 planes is extra, it will replace obsolete J7, J8 and others. all these just for defence, why need you buy C-17, RAFALE, and other weapon? for war? or just ready for potential war? it is the same, you know Why I don't like indian big mouth, seems know much, self-rightous, talk like American, think he is American.

So everything China prepares is to take on US base in sorrowing and what US prepares is to attack main land of China.
J10 is defence and attack weapon, just depend on the situation, What is your God Lotion and Ganges river for?
Can't understand indian mind, Lack of elementary military knowledge, don't drink too much ganges river water!

China had more than 4000+ fighters, now it still is shrinking, only about 2000 fighter, so, China and USA, which shrink their Air force more?
You said USAF deploy only 200~300 planes around us, regardless of the real scale, this is normal quantity, so do you think how many planes will be dispatch around us if war happen? and don't forget that American Carriers, and their planes are more advanced, 1200 J10 is too much? I also doubt we will produce 1200 plane, leave it, do you think these 1200 planes is extra, it will replace obsolete J7, J8 and others. all these just for defence, why need you buy C-17, RAFALE, and other weapon? for war? or just ready for potential war? it is the same, you know Why I don't like indian big mouth, seems know much, self-rightous, talk like American, think he is American.

China retired A-5 as well as H-5 recently,which consists around 850 aircrafts..retirement of J-7,J-6 and others are pending which will shrink more..but as we see,recent induction of various 4th gen and more capable jets will fill the vacuum..they have more 3rd gen aircrafts than any other AF..but if they try to induct similar number of aircrafts(by your logic),that'll trigger the alarm,right??cause,these 4th gens are not only more costly,but also more capable jets.head to head replacement isn't possible..
The PLA isn’t alone in shedding combat aircraft. Most of the world's major air arms are slowly shrinking, owing to decreasing military budgets and the tendency of planners to favor small numbers of high-tech new aircraft over larger numbers of less-sophisticated, older models. The U.S. Air Force is replacing more than 400 F-15s with just 187 newer F-22s(not to mention other thousands of 4th gen jets that will retire in near future,paving the way around 1500 of F-35s), for instance. China built hundreds of H-5s and more than 1,500 Q-5s, but has built just 300 or so combined of more recent warplanes such as the J-10 and J-11.

now you think about USA..they operate around 13000 manned aircraft(not fighters)..but they have bigger things to cook..they have hundreds of bases world wide,not to mention the fact that they're superpower..hell,even Russia is shrinking their size..now lets see the blue part...

we all know that the war between China and USA will never happen(just like we waited 50 years but USA-SU war never happened)..but even if it happens,USA will dispatch atmost 3 carriers..now if you think the size of total number of fighters involved against China,it'll most probably never exceed 1000.even 3000 will be more than enough to tackle that,around what Russia have..

now lets see the green part..India's Af is literally down to the 450 modern aircrafts..we need to replace 1/3 of our Af with modern fighters.somebody might think its weird India is buying so many weapons.but thats due to the compensating abound 1 and 1/2 decade's procurement..at the end of day,India will consist around 700 aircraft,not more..

I'm not saying china shouldn't buy whats required for its self defence.but isn't it strange to keep a massive airforce(as many aircrafts as Russia has) without having a global activity like USA and Russia??some might think its paranoid or getting suspicious(just like China's neighbours are)..you can add all the neighbours China have(except Russia).the number of Aircrafts will not exceed 2000..

Each arm of the military has it's own budget. If the navy isn't getting the subs, then either the government didn't provide it with the necessary budget, or it's the navy's own fault.

yearly budget has nothing to do with procuring budget. This budget is specially given to one of the branches by the government.
Navy should've got her share first then everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom