What's new

On March 24 1971 - Pakistan Army arrested Sheikh Mujeeb & humiliated him

They did but if you watch the final negotiations in Dhaka and read accounts of it, then you will know the full story. And the clips show how quick the full reconciliation was after 1971 and that was not by accident.

This is part of the Hamood Ur Rahman report. Also the NY times.

View attachment 951386

Both were trusted buddies, before and after 1971

This is a few days before March 25 1971, things were pre-decided long prior to 1971
View attachment 951387

Sheikh Mujibur Rahman shaking hands with so-called 'Butcher of Bengal' General Tikka Khan (with ZA Bhutto looking on) in his visit - Lahore 1974.​

View attachment 951388

BHUTTO ARRIVES IN BANGLADESH 28 6 74​

Looks like Bhutto had regrets and was blaming the military for the loss of the Eastern wing in December 1971, sort of...I don't know if I blamed this guy wrongly before, or all this was just a show. He did not deserve his sad fate...neither did his buddy the Sheikh.

They did but if you watch the final negotiations in Dhaka and read accounts of it, then you will know the full story. And the clips show how quick the full reconciliation was after 1971 and that was not by accident.

This is part of the Hamood Ur Rahman report. Also the NY times.

View attachment 951386

Both were trusted buddies, before and after 1971

This is a few days before March 25 1971, things were pre-decided long prior to 1971
View attachment 951387

Sheikh Mujibur Rahman shaking hands with so-called 'Butcher of Bengal' General Tikka Khan (with ZA Bhutto looking on) in his visit - Lahore 1974.​

View attachment 951388

BHUTTO ARRIVES IN BANGLADESH 28 6 74​

Looks like Bhutto had regrets and was blaming the military for the loss of the Eastern wing in December 1971, sort of...I don't know if I blamed this guy wrongly before, or all this was just a show. He did not deserve his sad fate...neither did his buddy the Sheikh.

Bhutto held meetings with Indian intelligence for separation of east Pakistan just like sheikh mujeeb ?

Duffers have a limited playbook. It's not difficult to predict what they will do
If it works, why change it? I don't see them going through any trouble right now, people have surrendered.

Indian IB operatives and Sheikh Mujib had taken place as early as 1963

So it was Indian IB that refused to recognize the majority decision in elections and refused to make an elected person Prime Minister by violating all the constitutional and international laws? Maybe Indian IB had a meeting with Pak Army Janta in 1963 as well. :lol:

Bhutto held meetings with Indian intelligence for separation of east Pakistan just like sheikh mujeeb ?

No - you did not get my points.

All I said was that Bhutto and the Sheikh were in on the game from a long time prior to 1971 - while an unneeded massacre was foisted in East Pakistan for no reason.

everyone must read the memoir of Hussain Shaheed Suhrawardi .... what we did to this icon of 47 liberation movement.....Bengalis are faithful people,

Suhrawardy came from an exceptionally gifted and noble Bengali family descended from Shihab al-Din 'Umar al-Suhrawardi, a Sufi who lived in Baghdad during the 12th century. The Suhrawardiyya order is one of the major Sunni orders of Sufism.

He was the best the subcontinent could offer as a leader to the new Pakistan.

By the way, Suhrawardy's niece Sarvath Al Hassan is the wife of Jordanian Prince Hassan bin Talal and has been the crown princess for last 30 years.

A lot of educated and gifted people in that Suhrawardy family.

This is exactly what Pakistan Army is doing to Imran Khan.

Sheikh Mujib was asking to call the parliament session as he won the elections. Yahya Khan refused. Instead, he launched Operation Searchlight.

You must read the following thread which has videos embedded in it.

We are repeating history. Imran is arrested in cooked up charges by the military. He was first humiliated on May 9th. If we dont do something, and stop this hand by force, we are doomed again. If the military was taught lesson and asked to account after 1971 instead of being embraced, we would not be where we are today.

I'm sorry to all my Bengali members here. I was wrong. I called you traitor. You were not traitor. It took us 5 decades to find out who the traitor was.
Entire GHQ and thugs must be hanged for crimes against humanity and genocide.

Bhutto got what he truly deserved.

Sheikh Mujib was asking to call the parliament session as he won the elections. Yahya Khan refused. Instead, he launched Operation Searchlight.

We are repeating history. Imran is arrested in cooked up charges by the military. He was first humiliated on May 9th. If we dont do something, and stop this hand by force, we are doomed again. If the military was taught lesson and asked to account after 1971 instead of being embraced, we would not be where we are today.

I'm sorry to all my Bengali members here. I was wrong. I called you traitor. You were not traitor. It took us 5 decades to find out who the traitor was.
why did Bangladeshis kill him?

Pakistan may have corruption in the army but it’s the same as Bangladesh.

Suhrawardy came from an exceptionally gifted and noble Bengali family descended from Shihab al-Din 'Umar al-Suhrawardi, a Sufi who lived in Baghdad during the 12th century. The Suhrawardiyya order is one of the major Sunni orders of Sufism.

He was the best the subcontinent could offer as a leader to the new Pakistan.

By the way, Suhrawardy's niece Sarvath Al Hassan is the wife of Jordanian Prince Hassan bin Talal and has been the crown princess for last 30 years.

A lot of educated and gifted people in that Suhrawardy family.

So was he Bengali or Arab? What about Iskander Mirza, he was a Zulu?

I think its fair to say the Establishment, Bhutto and Mujeeb had played a major role in 1971 debacle.

Mujeeb won the elections fair and square and yet Bhutto was adamant ither hum uther tum. Bhutto got hanged eventually on some pretext, good riddance. Should have been hanged on treason charges post ‘71. Don’t understand how he got elected to be a PM in Pakistan.

Mujeeb already had dealings with the Indians (Agartalaa conspiracy case). Eventually when in power in Bangladesh, was involved in nepotism and killed along with his family.

And then the 3rd actor, the Establishment, who got away with gross human rights violation and murders of innocent Bengalis. The Generals should have faced treason charges for dereliction of duty, intelligence failure, encouraging a treasonous politician, crime on the people of Bangladesh. While the Pakistanis thought they were the defenders of Pakistan, only recently did their crimes come to light, or if I may say an epiphanic moment for the Pakistani public. Hence, good riddance.

No - you did not get my points.

All I said was that Bhutto and the Sheikh were in on the game from a long time prior to 1971 - while an unneeded massacre was foisted in East Pakistan for no reason.
I was talking in reference to the topic OP made when IK compared himself in nexus to sheikh Mujib.

So IK also collaborated with Indian intelligence. Perhaps he is best behind bars then.

I had a bangali Man who taught me Quran and my mother always prepared a drink of rooh afza for that man who taught me word of Allah as the poor soul rode a bicycle to teach me quran and other students

I never understood before why my Parent's generation were sad that our East Pakistani (Bangali Muslims) were betrayed by Generals

However now understand

Then sad part is on our TV they showed some how it was Bangali peoples fault

Our Army did not even bring back stranded Pakistan friendly Bangali back from there left them as stateless people

Now Generals are doing their shiat again making KPK folks as scrape goat

Last edited:
Sheikh Mujib was no hero. But Pakistan started to unravel when Ayub won a rigged election against Fatima Jinnah. Fatima Jinnah was declared traitor (no surprises!) by military junta of that time. She had tremendous support in the West and Est wings.

The faujeets will always portray Mujib as a traitor but he had a history of struggle against illegal military occupation of our country as he was in alliance with Fatima Jinnah.

Of the villains of the 1971 tragedy, the military was not just a villain, it played a criminal role in breaking the country. There were no heroes.

Its interesting to study Fatima Jinnah, who was not just the sister of Muhammad Ali Jinnah but she was his close advisor. After Muhammad Ali Jinnah passed away, she was banned from appearing on media to address the nation, she wrote a book about her brother "My Brother" but it was not allowed to be published until 30+ years later, Her family asked for an enquiry to investigate her death but Pakistan leadership denied them the right.

Anyone care to explain why?

I was talking in reference to the topic OP made when IK compared himself in nexus to sheikh Mujib.

So IK also collaborated with Indian intelligence. Perhaps he is best behind bars then.

Everything is based on evidence. Sheikh we got the evidence, IK not so much (I very much doubt it).

So was he Bengali or Arab? What about Iskander Mirza, he was a Zulu?

Let's not get into the habit of casually insulting people.

I will really need a guy to commit some serious crime before they become ready for name calling, even then Allah tells us to practice sabr.

Suhrawardy's ancestors were Arab, why don't you read the Bangla Wiki. Ditto for Iskander Mirza. BTW Banglapedia predates Wikipedia by a decade, even online.

Whether a person is Arab, Pakistani or Bengali, their value depends on their leadership which again is dependent on their organizing skills and education. He was a prime minister of Pakistan (and may I say one of the more qualified ones) and deserves our respect.

The reason (and the subject of this thread) is that civilian leaders could not continue for long, if they could not negotiate properly with the military leadership of Pakistan. This phenomenon is unique to Pakistan, even in the subcontinent.

I am not trying to judge the merit or demerit, it is what it is.

Let's not get into the habit of casually insulting people.

I will really need a guy to commit some serious crime before they become ready for name calling, even then Allah tells us to practice sabr.

Suhrawardy's ancestors were Arab, why don't you read the Bangla Wiki. Ditto for Iskander Mirza. BTW Banglapedia predates Wikipedia by a decade, even online.

Whether a person is Arab, Pakistani or Bengali, their value depends on their leadership which again is dependent on their organizing skills and education. He was a prime minister of Pakistan (and may I say one of the more qualified ones) and deserves our respect.

The reason (and the subject of this thread) is that civilian leaders could not continue for long, if they could not negotiate properly with the military leadership of Pakistan. This phenomenon is unique to Pakistan, even in the subcontinent.

I am not trying to judge the merit or demerit, it is what it is.

If they both were Bengalis who enjoyed support and adoration from Pakistan, why are we being constantly told that Bengalis were marginalised between 47-71?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom