What's new

On a par with China, India didn't inform neighbour about launch

Guanyin is huge in china. But she is ancient Taoist goddess, she was later absorbed into Buddhism as a boddhisatva. now boddhisatva is a sanskrit term.

chinese culture has assimilated a lot of indian elements.

Guanyin is probably one of the most worshipped dieties in China, especially in South China.

The original Sanskrit name for this bodhisattva, was supposedly "Avalokiteśvara". Originally from the Vedas.

It is a mix of both ancient Taoist and Buddhist philosophy... which resulted in the modern day form of Guanyin.

250px-Guanyin_Sanya.jpg

Guanyin is probably one of the most worshipped dieties in China, especially in South China.

The original Sanskrit name for this bodhisattva, was supposedly "Avalokiteśvara". Originally from the Vedas.

It is a mix of both ancient Taoist and Buddhist philosophy... which resulted in the modern day form of Guanyin.

250px-Guanyin_Sanya.jpg
File:HainanSanya2.jpg

isnt this near Shanghai ? Patuo Island I think. been there !

Its not from the "vedas". the word avalokiteshwar is a strictly buddhist term, which means "The Lord who Observes" in sanskrit.

Our Chinese friends can help with that. We are counting on you.

easy. just place order for 0.6 billion mirrors from China!

I thought usa has labelled you as a "responsible nuke power"! Also if it is so why don't you sign the NPT!

I thought usa has labelled you as a "responsible nuke power"! Also if it is so why don't you sign the NPT!
Mr. Shutter normally I don't miss a chance to counter troll but today I am more interested in knowing about Chinese philosophy. So will you mind and go some where else to troll

Isn't it your loos too ? Two neighbouring countries that don't know much about each other can coexist with peace but can't cooperate. I in past had always dreamed of India-China-Russia having economic union. The biggest potential market amount the three nations. We don't need rest of world. But it will be just dream :)

Clearly we are the ones who are open to absorbing ideas from you, as you can see above.

So no, it is is your loss. You are the ones who hate us remember.

I don't know a single Chinese person who "hates" Indians, until they see how Indians think about us. Then hating them back is just a normal reaction.

off topic chinese phrases are often hard to translate for non-chinese, even if they know a little of it. literally Tao guang yang hui, doesnt it mean some thing like , "hide splendour, nourish obscurity" ? can some one elaborate?

that is misleading and completely distorted the intent of the phrase. the proper translation should be "To keep a low profile" !

I don't think India has any agreement with any other nation other than Pakistan to inform about ballistic missile tests.

Given the tensions between India and China, it's usually a good idea to inform when a launch will occur to avoid any misunderstandings. If I remember correctly, the Russians almost launched their nukes at the US during a missile test from Norway.

Because then we cant be a nuke power, according to the NPT.

Clearly we are the ones who are open to absorbing ideas from you, as you can see above.

So no, it is is your loss. You are the ones who hate us remember.

I don't know a single Chinese person who "hates" Indians, until they see how Indians think about us. Then hating them back is just a normal reaction.
Ok now I understand that you absorb a lot from us when you let us know. Otherwise how the hell we can know what's in China ? Clearly our media is not different from western media so if they say you are evil you are evil to us. There is no Chinese representation in world media. Plus we have 1962 experience that just fix the issue.
And how can you say Chinese don't hate Indians. eg how about megatron ???

we should now focus on south china sea :D
we have our interest there :D

I dont think so! We have our own culture!

de facto you are already a nuke power. no?

Yep. And if they are willing to accept that and modify the NPT, we are happy to sign it. But as long as NPT doesn't give India the right to be a nuke power, we won't sign it. It's quite simple.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom