What's new

Om Puri to play Pakistan General Kayani in a film on Malala Yousafzai

Saifullah Sani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
M_Id_448531_om-puri-malala.jpg

Actor Om Puri, who has completed the shooting for Swedish director Lasse Hallstrom's '100 Foot Journey', has been approached by a British television channel to act in a TV series. While the details have yet to be finalised, Puri says, "I spoke to Hanif Kureishi and he told me that he is planning to write something for me."

The actor in the meantime will be seen playing the role of Pakistan's General Kayani in his next, a film based on the life of braveheart Malala Yousafzai, who was attacked by the Taliban.

Titled 'Gul Makai', the film will be directed by short film, documentary filmmaker Amjad Khan who had earlier made Le Gaya Saddam. The name of the film, says the director is inspired by Malala's blog, which she operated under the psuedonym, gulmakai.

The film will be shot on several locations and the first schedule will begin on December 14 in Bhuj, followed by Balaghat in Jabalpur, Shimla, Kulu-Manali, Jaisalmer and Mumbai.

Khan, who has worked on the script for four years has roped in almost 400 actors from Film and Television Institute of India and National School of Drama, besides signing actors like Kabir Bedi, Kay Kay Menon, Mukesh Rishi, Victor Banerjee, Abhimanyu Singh Aarif Zakaria, Gulshan Grover among others who will be playing real life characters in the film.

For instance Kabir Bedi will play the role of Muslim Khan, the Taliban spokesperson, while Mukesh Rishi will play Faziullah, the dreaded Taliban officer who was also responsible for shooting Malala.

Fatima Sheikh, a Bangladeshi actor, will essay the role of Malala. Says Khan, "I want to depict the atrocities and the reign of terror that Taliban has unleashed in Pakistan. I have used real names of all Talibani officers, Pakistani diplomats and government officials. Victor Banerjee's character in the film, called Asif Ali Zardari is based on the politician's character."

Om Puri to play Pakistan General Kayani in a film on Malala Yousafzai - Indian Express

interesting...what are the views of Pakistani friends on this.:cheesy:

M_Id_448531_om-puri-malala.jpg

Actor Om Puri, who has completed the shooting for Swedish director Lasse Hallstrom's '100 Foot Journey', has been approached by a British television channel to act in a TV series. While the details have yet to be finalised, Puri says, "I spoke to Hanif Kureishi and he told me that he is planning to write something for me."

The actor in the meantime will be seen playing the role of Pakistan's General Kayani in his next, a film based on the life of braveheart Malala Yousafzai, who was attacked by the Taliban.

Titled 'Gul Makai', the film will be directed by short film, documentary filmmaker Amjad Khan who had earlier made Le Gaya Saddam. The name of the film, says the director is inspired by Malala's blog, which she operated under the psuedonym, gulmakai.

The film will be shot on several locations and the first schedule will begin on December 14 in Bhuj, followed by Balaghat in Jabalpur, Shimla, Kulu-Manali, Jaisalmer and Mumbai.

Khan, who has worked on the script for four years has roped in almost 400 actors from Film and Television Institute of India and National School of Drama, besides signing actors like Kabir Bedi, Kay Kay Menon, Mukesh Rishi, Victor Banerjee, Abhimanyu Singh Aarif Zakaria, Gulshan Grover among others who will be playing real life characters in the film.

For instance Kabir Bedi will play the role of Muslim Khan, the Taliban spokesperson, while Mukesh Rishi will play Faziullah, the dreaded Taliban officer who was also responsible for shooting Malala.

Fatima Sheikh, a Bangladeshi actor, will essay the role of Malala. Says Khan, "I want to depict the atrocities and the reign of terror that Taliban has unleashed in Pakistan. I have used real names of all Talibani officers, Pakistani diplomats and government officials. Victor Banerjee's character in the film, called Asif Ali Zardari is based on the politician's character."

Om Puri to play Pakistan General Kayani in a film on Malala Yousafzai - Indian Express
They have put no representation of Pakistan in the film based on a Pakistani and have rather taken the Indians who r largely governed by their state propaganda against pak to perform as actors representing Pak???

This director is really on for a shitty propaganda movie.

They have put no representation of Pakistan in the film based on a Pakistani and have rather taken the Indians who r largely governed by their state propaganda against pak to perform as actors representing Pak???

hmmm

ompuri is a pretty intense actor
really loved his performance in ardh satya ,
ompuri along with naseerudin shah are the pioneers of indian parallel cinema ,

Why not the pakistanis actors?

we don't like even indian pretending as pakistanis in movies

lol

Back
Top Bottom