What's new

Om Puri says won’t act in any anti-Pakistan film

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
Bollywood actor Om Puri on Wednesday revealed that he was apprehensive regarding his visit to Pakistan in wake of the controversy over Kashmiri students who were expelled from their university for cheering for the Pakistan team during the match against India, but the warm welcome given to him in Lahore had removed all suspicions against the country.

“I have decided that in future I won’t act in any anti-Pakistan film,” he told a press conference. Puri is in Lahore for a play called ‘Teri Amrita’ with actress Divya Dutta.

“My wish to see Lahore is fulfilled now. I have been in Pakistan before but couldn’t get a chance to visit Lahore,” said Puri, 65. He said he would also celebrate his birthday in Lahore.

The stage performance has been organised by the Barfi Theatre Productions, which is headed by Badar Khan, a famous comedian. ‘Teri Amrita’ is the translation of an English play. It was translated by Javed Siddiqui into Urdu. Siddiqui is the writer of popular Indian movies such as ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’, ‘Baazigar’ and ‘Zubeidaa’.

Puri said that he had seen Pakistani movies like “Khuda K liye” and was impressed with the stories and high quality of production. “The Indian government should allow Pakistani movies and TV channels in the country,” he said.

Om Puri says won’t act in any anti-Pakistan film | Pakistan Today

Back
Top Bottom