What's new

Olympics 2008 Results & Discussions

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

35 Pak Olympic spectators held as terror suspects

20 August 2008

KARACHI: The Chinese government detained 35 Pakistanis visiting China that they suspect of planning to attack proceedings of the Olympic Games, Daily Times learnt on Tuesday. China has asked the Pakistani government for details of the arrested in a letter that alleged 35 suspected Pakistani militants had arrived in China to attack proceedings at the Games. Colonel Anjum Sheikh Saeed of the Foreign Security Department wrote to the Interior Ministry on August 18, ordering the authorities concerned to collect details of those detained. The Chinese government has not released the names of those being held, but has given the names and passport numbers of 13 which include Anwar Afridi, Dildar Khan, Darwaish, Sultan, Akbar Shah, Muhammad Amin, Qadir, Asad Masood, Afzal, Saadat and Dolat Yousaf. faraz khan

I must say if UK or USA had done this some of the members here would have strongly criticised us and told us that we hated Islam but if the Chinese do the same there is a studied silence.

Regards.

AN

Neither did any Swedish boxers, so what? In other words this doesn't prove much.

Neither does the sophomoric theory of your's.

Not to rub anybody the wrong way but swedish boxers might've still qualified, none of the Pakistani boxers did. The last time five Pakistani boxers did in Athens & none of them could advance beyond the second round forget about rounding up in QF or semi-finals. Now according to you, since Pakistanis are the crux of the martial race (or whatever theory you are propogating) then they should have atleast some results to show instead of a big nada.

Still, I'm curious, how do the results from the Olympics prove what, 1,2,3,4,5,6, is it Indians thinking that they've proved me wrong. I don't think any 6 of your brains can explain to me, how the results contradict "the nameless theory". Quite the contrary, if you combined all 6 of your brains to equal my one brain (a 6:1 ratio, that sounds familiar), I doubt you could still answer this and prove how those results prove me wrong. :cool:

Why are you getting so defensive Dude!!!

If you are so confident about what you speak then it shouldn't matter who questions you.

6:1 or 600:1.. truth stands firm.

Alright..Apparently, some theory or other that I quoted some time ago, was picked up by the poster "Always Neutral" (he really is always neutral :smokin: ), and it was proof that that theory was wrong.
ok chapter closed here now don't prolong.

I must say if UK or USA had done this some of the members here would have strongly criticised us and told us that we hated Islam but if the Chinese do the same there is a studied silence.

Regards.

AN

No AN it is a CIA RAW Mosad operation to derail the friendship between pakistan and china. you are still not getting it don't u

Bolt again! he went on breaking another record on men's 200M race by 19"30 and won the gold medal. this is not human, he's extraterrestrial.

It was amazing,the distance between him and the second wow

Alright..Apparently, some theory or other that I quoted some time ago, was picked up by the poster "Always Neutral" (he really is always neutral :smokin: ), and it was proof that that theory was wrong.

Now, I'm curious as to how it proves that theory wrong if all the boxers that do well for India are from the Northwest India. Remember this isn't pro boxing, it doesn't prove that India has the best boxers, or even good boxers, these are amateur boxers. So, let's ignore the comparisons to other countries.

The question..how does 1 Bronze medal at the Olympics disprove this nameless theory which poster "Always Neutral" brought up.

All 6 Indian brains may combine and confer. A 6:1 ratio sounds fair to me :devil:

Since you love may name let me prick your bubble as well as the stupid theory you float very flexibly.

Firstly your absurd theorem was based on how Pakistani boxers were superior to Indian Boxers which led you to conclude one pakistani soldier = 9 indian soldiers.

Your theorem never mentioned that you meant north indians were superior to east indian or south indian boxers.

Unfortunately for you, the result however shows atleast some Indians have excelled in both boxing as well as wrestling both physical sports whereas the marital races which you feel are superior ie Pakistan and Pashtuns have drawn blanks.

Anyway I frankly don't think even Indians have achieved much having a population of nearly 1 billion and just 3 medals.

Maybe its time they took lessons from us as well as China, two different systems but both have emerged in the top three when they were never so dominant in the last Olympics.

Regards

AN, there is already a thread for this topic in the Chinese section.

I posted it here as they were detained while attending the Olympics. Feel free to open a new thread ( I am not sure how its done) though I doubt any one here likes to be drawn into discussions against China.

Regards

Now, I'm curious as to how it proves that theory wrong if all the boxers that do well for India are from the Northwest India. Remember this isn't pro boxing, it doesn't prove that India has the best boxers, or even good boxers, these are amateur boxers. So, let's ignore the comparisons to other countries.

lol!!!!

The man was quoting the boxing results from South Asian Federation games (where only the aspiring Indian athletes participate) to prove his martial race theory & now proclaiming that boxers winning medals in Olympics are amateurs.

lol!!!!

The man was quoting the boxing results from South Asian Federation games (where only the aspiring Indian athletes participate) to prove his martial race theory & now proclaiming that boxers winning medals in Olympics are amateurs.

Mohammed Ali - Won Gold Medal in Olympica and went on to be the best boxer.
Mike Tyson - Failed to qualify for the 1984 Olympics loosing in the Olympic trials and was the first boxer to win all 3 heavy weight titles of different associations.

I could go on but RR will not change his views on his 1;9 theory or on my alleged nationality.

Regards

It was amazing,the distance between him and the second wow

yep, a German media is conjecturing the worldbeater with stimulant, though they better learn something about the presumption of innocence.

Now, I'm curious as to how it proves that theory wrong if all the boxers that do well for India are from the Northwest India.

I think i'l die just because of laughing.

First it was only 'Pakistan', that could produce these super-men, then after a while, in case someone from India made it, it was 'just Punjab'. And as we all know, Punjab is not in Indian by culture, its basically Pakistani. Right RR?

Then when a dude from Haryana qualified, it moved on to 'Haryana because it USED to be a part of Punjab and thus is the same thing'.

Now the logic has covered the entire Northwestern India! I see the geographic span of the 'martial race' in India increasing slowly slowly, from its humble beginnings in Pakistan!:lol:

I swear if the next guy who qualifies, is a guy from Bihar, in the future, im gonna be laughing my a$$ off! Then it would basically cover the entire Northern India. But ofcourse-that is ONLY and ONLY because of the entire Northern India's 'proximity' to Pakistan!

Kashab Jadhav won the wrestling bronze medal in Helsinki '52 and he was from Maharashtra in South-Western India & atleast 1000 miles from Punjab.

Kashab Jadhav won the wrestling bronze medal in Helsinki '52 and he was from Maharashtra in South-Western India & atleast 1000 miles from Punjab.

Lol. Thanks for that bit of info mate! Really gives perspective to the Martial Race theory!

yep, a German media is conjecturing the worldbeater with stimulant, though they better learn something about the presumption of innocence.

I heard that Jamaica is cleanest in doping.

Back
Top Bottom