What's new

Oliver Hazard Class Frigate Acquisition by Pakistan

So is the ship coming as it is as said in this article? meaning with the missile sys?

I am not sure if the question was for me but if you meant the article i posted from DID, then it states (as highlighted) that the ship is without missile systems now and the quoted price of the transfer to PN implies that the ship will be transfered "as is" i.e, without the said missile systems (SM-1 & harpoons)

I am sure PN will add some systems once it gets the ship.

I am not sure if the question was for me but if you meant the article i posted from DID, then it states (as highlighted) that the ship is without missile systems now and the quoted price of the transfer to PN implies that the ship will be transfered "as is" i.e, without the said missile systems (SM-1 & harpoons)

I am sure PN will add some systems once it gets the ship.

Most of the mk13 launcher (80%+) is still in place, below decks. All it lacks is the launcher arm. The rest has been sealed. It should be relatively straight forward to refit the launcher arm. Likewise remounting a STIR in the rear for target illumination: it has simply been unbolted from its pedestal.

it is in june or july coming to pakistan

Really? That would be interesting since according to Seawaves Magazine it will be decommissioning from USN service on August 31 2010.

USS McInerney FFG 8 Decommission 31 Aug 2010 FMS Pakistan
Ship Decommissionings | SEAWAVES Magazine

See also post 47 of this thread.

October 5, 2009 USS McInerney departed Mayport for its final underway period. She will be the first gas turbine propelled ship to complete 30 years of service during their six-month deployment. All other ships of this kind have decommissioned prior to accomplishing this significant milestone.
http://www.uscarriers.net/ffg8history.htm

In any case, she will be at sea through April 5, 2010. Any refurbishing and repairs will have to take place after this date and before transfer to PN.

WASHINGTON: The Defense Security Cooperation Agency notified Congress Feb. 18 of a possible Foreign Military Sale to Pakistan for refurbishment of one OLIVER HAZARD PERRY Class Frigate and associated equipment, parts and logistical support for a complete package worth approximately $78 million.

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale for refurbishment of one OLIVER HAZARD PERRY Class Frigate, USS MCINERNEY (FFG-8), being provided as Excess Defense Articles (grant EDA notification is being submitted separately) with onboard spares, spare and repairs parts, support equipment, publications and technical data, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services, and other related elements of logistics support.

The estimated cost of the refurbishment and support is $78 million.

This proposed sale will contribute to the foreign policy and national security of the United States by helping to improve the security of a friendly country that has been and continues to be a partner in combating insurgents in Pakistan.

Pakistan requires the capabilities of USS McINERNEY (FFG-8) to participate in U.S. and coalition led counter-narcotics and counter-piracy operations and to assist with Pakistan’s efforts to secure its maritime border. Pakistan will have no difficulty absorbing the ship into its armed forces.

The proposed sale of this equipment and support will not alter the basic military balance in the region.

The prime contractor is unknown at this time. There are no known offset agreements proposed in connection with this potential sale.

Implementation of this proposed sale will not require the assignment of any U.S. Government and contractor representatives to Pakistan.

There will be no adverse impact on U.S. defense readiness as a result of this proposed sale.

This notice of a potential sale is required by law and does not mean the sale has been concluded

MODS pls merge this thread - OHP threads exist.

so pakistan is planning for one what a watse dont buy even one i dont know what the *** hole probleum is with pakistanfrom last 10 years we have not bought anything big for defence frigates are nothing F 16 already we have we dident got anything next generation type of thing for our armed foces sick of pakistan's policy of defence

I think the glass is half full, we will be able to put our own , electronics, firing systems and other good on the ships

While yes the appearance of the boats is nothing stealth like as the modern frigates but still having 6-7 of these boats will allow our Navy to develop a fleet capable of resistance at boarder if the frigates are suplimented with Air support and Missile defence sheid

The boats are free but the control & command system for the ship , will be added (its where the extra 65 million dollar cost comes into the factor)

The ship would have been sunk by US army or something but its still good for 10 years, US gets to make 65 million off it , or some US company who will do the retrofiting with the systems pakistan will request installed on the shipst

Clearly 1 Ship alone is not enogh having 4-5 of these would make a certain impact on naval fleet's coverage along our sea shores

The boats are free but the control & command system for the ship , will be added (its where the extra 65 million dollar cost comes into the factor)

The ship would have been sunk by US army or something but its still good for 10 years, US gets to make 65 million off it , or some US company who will do the retrofiting with the systems pakistan will request installed on the shipst

Clearly 1 Ship alone is not enogh having 4-5 of these would make a certain impact on naval fleet's coverage along our sea shores

most likely it is a ship that is being acquired on an "as is ". The problem is any changes on the ship will require american approval.Secondly,if it is the only ship we will be getting then it wont be worth updating it either.
Araz

1 OHP in 2010, 1 in 2011 and 1 in 2012 as USN continues to retire its OHPs.

Hi,

U S won't be making 65 millions on it---the material for upgrades is going to cost something---the vendor is going to make some profit for the retrofit but not 100% profit---possibly 2%---or maybe hardly any after all the wages are paid for.

Back
Top Bottom