What's new

Old Bangla Photos

^^^^^^^

Basically we were not talking bout Gandhi but the sense of Humor of the Noakhalian.

one day Noakhali will be the capital of Bangladesh and Las vegas of Asia.... you all will dream to pay a visit here.... Noakhali Rulz..

@ Dear Faarhan, I would be highly obliged if you can help me about the procedure of posting an image/picture in this forum.

Very easy. For example, suppose you want to share a photo From Fb. Right click on the photo. and click view image... Then copy the url of that photo, open Defence.pk page.. share the url here by clicking on the share image box

Why are you people talking bout Gandhi?
khaye daye kaj nai?
Its funny how some people make themselves feel proud by insulting others.
And as a matter of fact you seldom find any Indians foul mouthing their Father of Nation infront of some other nationalities, unlike some, as visible in the BD section.
And even when i, myself am not a big fan of Gandhi stupidity of you guys still amuses me.chagol-bitti dia nijer desher image tarei choto koira jao.continue continue.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

would you be kind enough to edit your post?
You are a child.

I support your point of view. Why to make fun of Gandhi? He was much and much superior a human being than many of the posters who dare to criticize him. This is him, who was straight in talking to the British government and told, 'It is time you left.' This thread is about photos of old Bengal and somehow I have posted a few pieces of historical facts with a neutral mind.

But, now I find someone is sending, as usual, some trashes that do not have any historical and discussion value. I wonder why some people use the word Hindu here to derogate that community? History is history. No amout of negative criticism will ever bring about a change in the truths.

Please refrain from sending biased and untrue stories in this thread.

one day Noakhali will be the capital of Bangladesh and Las vegas of Asia.... you all will dream to pay a visit here.... Noakhali Rulz..

@ Why the people make fun of Noakhali origin, I donnot under stand ???

@ The people of Noakhali are great. Basically, the people are highly religious in nature. Most of the women wears "Burkha". I have seen in Noakhali even in the open pond there is a separate shade for the women for their use which is completely missing in other parts of East Bengal.

@ They are highly conservative. Difficult to get married in Noakhali for non-Noakhali. Most of their country roads are brick soled made by themselve. Having a good mosque in every locality with a nice decorated dome resembling Mecca/Medina. Each mosque is having a "Maktub' and in many areas having residential "Madrassas".

@ Very labourious. For livelyhood ready to go anywhere in the world. I have seen many "Falwa" in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Karachi but not seen other Bengalee of other district.

@ You would find in all most all districts all the religious Imans belongs to Noakhali. They feel pride for that. Infact it is these Noakhali people who have kept Islam alive in Bangladesh. As per my assessment most of the Noakhali people originated from Arab and came here to preach Islam. In those days there was one port known as "Summander" some where south of Noakhali(inside sea) where the Arabs used to come for "Tezarat" and through Noakhali it used to go to "Kamrukh" via Surma River. It is said many Arabs settled in the Noakhali region. For near about 500 years Noakhali and surrounding areas remained under the control of Purtugase. Many joined with the "Khalasis and Shareng" and went to Europe under the Purtugase ships and were got the training. Once British came and establish Calcutta port they found a readymade people of Noakhali and were soon employed. but unfortunatley most of them were killed during the Calcutta riot of 1946. For this incident a counter riot took place only in Noakhali.

@ During the initial time of British Noakhali people hesitated to go to school, they used to prefer "Muktab" instead of "Phatshala". Most of the old people were highly qualified in "Farsi and Arbi". Bengalee was only used as "Kottho Basha".

@ Finally Noakhali people always maintain a grouping as because they feel they are minority here in Bengal and finally I have a doubt whether Noakhali people were really Bengalee or not ???? Now, Faarhan will bit me, "Ami Palai". Most of them belongs to "Syed family" and you know where from this group came !!!!!

Faarhan , do you want to know some think more about Noakhali ?????

And as a matter of fact you seldom find any Indians foul mouthing their Father of Nation infront of some other nationalities, unlike some, as visible in the BD section.
And even when i, myself am not a big fan of Gandhi stupidity of you guys still amuses me.chagol-bitti dia nijer desher image tarei choto koira jao.continue continue
i don't want to insult anyone. But seriously who made Sheikh Mujib Father of the nation??????? If it is necessary to have a father of the nation then it would Be Moulana Abdul Hamid Khan Vashani who raised the voice first for a separate nation and was always on the field or Zia ur Rahman, who betrayed pakistan army and led the war from front.....

i don't want to insult anyone. But seriously who made Sheikh Mujib Father of the nation??????? If it is necessary to have a father of the nation then it would Be Moulana Abdul Hamid Khan Vashani who raised the voice first for a separate nation and was always on the field or Zia ur Rahman, who betrayed pakistan army and led the war from front.....

I thought General Osmani led the war from front. Why not make him the father of nation?? Just a second thought.

I thought General Osmani led the war from front. Why not make him the father of nation?? Just a second thought.

To me, Zia started the resistance war.. His speech showed people the way, made a link between people and epr, ebr. Most probably he crossed the border and sought for military help first from india.. Osmani was a retired man., to whom authority was handled over... On the other hand, zia was an army officer, His risk was far greater than Osmani. Moreover, Zia is the main pioneer of modern Bangladesh... He literally saved the country and led to prosperous future which we are enjoying now...

Anyway i don't have problem with Osmani, But mujib is not my idol and not our father, he even finished his 7th march speech with ' Jiye Pakistan '. He had no foresight, divided the nation through tyranny which is still a curse to present Bangladesh.

Muslim women, Dhaka Street Scene, Dhaka (1954)

393414_196468893766536_160501724029920_442037_2113850641_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Freedom Fighters on way to home ,Dhaka (1971)

379658_196414060438686_160501724029920_441908_519364779_n.jpg

^^^^^^^^
I even seen these in my childhood. Infact it is used in our familly as well.. hehehehehe

A School near Chandni Ghaat (Madrasah of Farrukh Siyars Mosque), Dhaka (1880's)

305798_196923320387760_160501724029920_443219_494929744_n.jpg

At first I want to say that, I am a Bangladeshi. I am not an Indian or Pakistani. I am not an Arab or other ethnic race, I am Bangladeshi. Bangladesh is definitely a territory, though its size is reduced due to the plan of aggressors. The Bangladeshi nation is a Dravidian nation. It is predominantly Muslim because of the choice of Bangladeshis. Other religious manners are prevailed there as those are their choice. Bengali ethnicity is the largest ethnic community of Bangladesh territory although other ethnicity are prevailed there. As from my side I can say, I am Muslim, Dravidian, Bengali and Bangladeshi. This is my identity. The story of Bangladeshi nation is not new. It is the story of honor, success, prospects, struggle, sorrow and life. Allah has made different nations of the world for the sons of One Adam. Bangladeshi nation is the creation of the almighty Allah, though it has different names in different time. The Bangladeshi or Bangalee name was taken during our great Bangladeshi Sultan Shams Uddin Illius Shah in fourteenth century. At that time Pakistan or India was out of human imagination as there was no pure race of human at that time in those territory, those were invaded by the people of central Asia as no nation was existed at that time. But Bangladeshi nation was very strong to defend itself at that time. Aryan, European, Central Asian are outsiders to our territory. Those have caused great harm to our Bangladeshi nation. Aryan created the worship system and destroy the lives of the Dravidian nation. It was true in the past history, you can check the history of Aryan culture in this territory. But struggle of Dravidian people bounced back and defeat the plans of Aryan people. We survived and at that time some Aryans are also merged to my Dravidian Bangladeshi nation and some of them still hope that they will be able to reestablish the ancient Aryan society to grasp people. But Dravidian Bangladeshi Nation is always alert to prevent any aggression of Aryan human cluster or any other aggressors. Every nation is created by the wish of Almighty Allah. Bangladeshi nation will survive as per wish of Almighty Allah. We are Muslims because of our choice, not because of force, not because benefit from Satan. This is the most determining characteristic behavior of my great Bangladeshi Nation. The residual Aryan society and their class based human clusters are part of our nation. Those people know well the Dravidian people are not harmful and those are well managed. Bangladeshi nation is not a myth, it is the hard working, trustful, brave nation who is trying to survive by proving its merits not by the mercy of other nation. If Almighty Allah grace us we must survive.

This is my identity.

May be sheik Mujib didn't initially declare Independence though Mulana vashani did, but reality is that eventually he took leadership and maulana himself support him he mobilizes the mass population toward independence .

Zia himself declare independence in name of Mujib because he knew who is leader though it was very risky he could lost his life if the independence process fail .

Portrait of an Old man with a lamp - Eastern Bengal 1860's

319202_160833050663454_160501724029920_332338_21599_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Portrait of an Old Man - Eastern Bengal 1860's

301393_160833330663426_160501724029920_332344_2048044_n.jpg

@ Why the people make fun of Noakhali origin, I donnot under stand ???

@ The people of Noakhali are great. Basically, the people are highly religious in nature. Most of the women wears "Burkha". I have seen in Noakhali even in the open pond there is a separate shade for the women for their use which is completely missing in other parts of East Bengal.

@ They are highly conservative. Difficult to get married in Noakhali for non-Noakhali. Most of their country roads are brick soled made by themselve. Having a good mosque in every locality with a nice decorated dome resembling Mecca/Medina. Each mosque is having a "Maktub' and in many areas having residential "Madrassas".

@ Very labourious. For livelyhood ready to go anywhere in the world. I have seen many "Falwa" in Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Karachi but not seen other Bengalee of other district.

@ You would find in all most all districts all the religious Imans belongs to Noakhali. They feel pride for that. Infact it is these Noakhali people who have kept Islam alive in Bangladesh. As per my assessment most of the Noakhali people originated from Arab and came here to preach Islam. In those days there was one port known as "Summander" some where south of Noakhali(inside sea) where the Arabs used to come for "Tezarat" and through Noakhali it used to go to "Kamrukh" via Surma River. It is said many Arabs settled in the Noakhali region. For near about 500 years Noakhali and surrounding areas remained under the control of Purtugase. Many joined with the "Khalasis and Shareng" and went to Europe under the Purtugase ships and were got the training. Once British came and establish Calcutta port they found a readymade people of Noakhali and were soon employed. but unfortunatley most of them were killed during the Calcutta riot of 1946. For this incident a counter riot took place only in Noakhali.

@ During the initial time of British Noakhali people hesitated to go to school, they used to prefer "Muktab" instead of "Phatshala". Most of the old people were highly qualified in "Farsi and Arbi". Bengalee was only used as "Kottho Basha".

@ Finally Noakhali people always maintain a grouping as because they feel they are minority here in Bengal and finally I have a doubt whether Noakhali people were really Bengalee or not ???? Now, Faarhan will bit me, "Ami Palai". Most of them belongs to "Syed family" and you know where from this group came !!!!!

Faarhan , do you want to know some think more about Noakhali ?????

Well my ancestors lived in some place called trimohoni in noakhaali.

Back
Top Bottom