What's new

Old Bangla Photos

I apologize on behalf of my countrymen making fun of Gandhi. I personally think he had a very cool character. :dirol:

Well I don't exactly find him cool, but who am I to judge him considering because of him we averted a Punjab style carnage during partition of Bengal.

Bengali brahmins were mentionned in mahabhrat, and they were in bengal throughout history. They were here during maurya and gupta dynasty.

1.The dates of the episodes in the Mahabarta are not clear. When was the mythology penned is also not sure. Was it a continuous process of writing?

2. Our ancient forefathers, who were not known as Bengalees, had established their civilization in Ayodhya (Oudh). Lucknow, they say, was the center of our national home.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Yep, Gandhi had to take goat's milk everyday. Morarji Desai used to drink his own urine. Great people have eccentricities which we need to accept.

Why are you people talking bout Gandhi?
khaye daye kaj nai?
Its funny how some people make themselves feel proud by insulting others.
And as a matter of fact you seldom find any Indians foul mouthing their Father of Nation infront of some other nationalities, unlike some, as visible in the BD section.
And even when i, myself am not a big fan of Gandhi stupidity of you guys still amuses me.chagol-bitti dia nijer desher image tarei choto koira jao.continue continue.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

1.The dates of the episodes in the Mahabarta are not clear. When was the mythology penned is also not sure. Was it a continuous process of writing?

2. Our ancient forefathers, who were not known as Bengalees, had established their civilization in Ayodhya (Oudh). Lucknow, they say, was the center of our national home.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Yep, Gandhi had to take goat's milk everyday. Morarji Desai used to drink his own urine. Great people have eccentricities which we need to accept.
would you be kind enough to edit your post?
You are a child.

^^^^^^^

Basically we were not talking bout Gandhi but the sense of Humor of the Noakhalian.

^^^^^^^

Basically we were not talking bout Gandhi but the sense of Humor of the Noakhalian.
yeah right .tell that to asad,milavia,md akmal.
i am not talking bout you,apocalypse,zab or farhaan.

^ Brahm0n, Khatriyo, Boissha, Shudra.... Shudra lowest.

@ To be more clear :

The old Varna system prevalent in ancient India had the society divided into four orders:

(1) Brahmins,whose occupation was learning;
(2) Kshatriyas, whose occupation was warfare;
(3) Vaishyas, whose occupation was trade and
(4) Shudras,whose occupation was service of the other classes.

Why are you people talking bout Gandhi?
khaye daye kaj nai?
Its funny how some people make themselves feel proud by insulting others.
And as a matter of fact you seldom find any Indians foul mouthing their Father of Nation infront of some other nationalities, unlike some, as visible in the BD section.
And even when i, myself am not a big fan of Gandhi stupidity of you guys still amuses me.chagol-bitti dia nijer desher image tarei choto koira jao.continue continue.

would you be kind enough to edit your post?
You are a child.

Hey Jako bro, welcome back! Haven't seen you for a while. :)

I do believe banglarmanush did not mean to offend anyone. I've been following his posts for a while (no I don't stalk guys :P). He's just thinking out loud his observation that ALL great people have certain eccentricities, like everyone else, because they are human beings too. But it does sound a little offensive to people who admire Gandhi (myself being one of them), and so bm could actually consider editing his post.

This reminds of a funny incident during my second year at my university. One of my Chinese friends was pointing out how another Chinese girl used everything "made in China", including her backpack and laptop. I added to his comment by saying "and she's made in China too!". Looking back, I don't think that was appropriate (pretty much our friend bm's situation here). Later I understood what pissed her off. :D

EDIT: Just realized it was actually Asad who made that comment. Oh well, everyone's eligible for redemption. :D

Hey Jako bro, welcome back! Haven't seen you for a while. :)

I do believe banglarmanush did not mean to offend anyone. I've been following his posts for a while (no I don't stalk guys :P). He's just thinking out loud his observation that ALL great people have certain eccentricities, like everyone else, because they are human beings too. But it does sound a little offensive to people who admire Gandhi (myself being one of them), and so bm could actually consider editing his post.

This reminds of a funny incident during my second year at my university. One of my Chinese friends was pointing out how another Chinese girl used everything "made in China", including her backpack and laptop. I added to his comment by saying "and she's made in China too!". Looking back, I don't think that was appropriate. Later I understood what pissed her off. :D

Tha point Apocalypse is not finding offense because you find Gandhi as a great man..

Personally I do not admire Gandhi that much though some aspects like non-violence , self control etc etc are intersting

The point is that you malign a person because of a bias and without looking at him from a holistic perspective..
If you want to know a perspon just read his autobiography, authourised biography etc etc..
Gandhi was not a great man according to me
And Morarji Desai ????

Who ever says he is a great man !!!!

Tha point Apocalypse is not finding offense because you find Gandhi as a great man..

Personally I do not admire Gandhi that much though some aspects like non-violence , self control etc etc are intersting

The point is that you malign a person because of a bias and without looking at him from a holistic perspective..
If you want to know a perspon just read his autobiography, authourised biography etc etc..

Gandhi was not a great man according to me
And Morarji Desai ????

Who ever says he is a great man !!!!

Totally agree with the bold part.

Btw, I have no idea who Desai was. Excuse my ignorance. :D

Where are the photos ?:cheesy:

How about some Bangla joke to break the tense atmosphere? :D

BANGLA_SONLAP.jpg

"Must see" bengali movie:

00_39_49_vcd%20swami%20keno%20asami.jpg
:D:D:D

Totally agree with the bold part.

Btw, I have no idea who Desai was. Excuse my ignorance. :D

@ Morarji Desai was a great leader of Janata Party. It was he in 1977 for the first time in the political history of India defeated Indra Gandhi (Congress) and became a Prime Minister of India for a short period.

Dhuniya, Muslim Cotton Carders - Eastern Bengal 1860's

308808_160876470659112_160501724029920_332724_5694400_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

@ It seems they are Bengalee muslims. In those days the dresses of Bengalee people were not similar. Various sects used to wear various dresses.

@ Due to the existance of might rivers like Padma, Megna and Jumuna, Bengal became a safe heaven for the muslim fugitives. As it appears from the history most of time Bengal remained independant from Delhi so the defeated muslim soldiers used to take shelter hear. Even there are evidences once there was clash/struggle between Ummayat and Abbassite in Iraq many followers of Ummayat took shelter in Bengal.

@ During the succesive Marratta invasion in Bengal many muslims of West Bengal and Orissa fled and cross the mighty rivers and settled in Bengal.

@ Initially the local Bengalee muslims did not had any dress code. Their names were not similar and were kept as per the wishes of the parents. Soon, a movement started from Arab known as "Wahhabi Movement", which changed the entire Bengal muslim society. Since than the local people started wearing "Lungi, Panjabi-Pajama, Shari with Bouse and Petty Coat". Their names were also changed as per Islamic pattern.

223723_160889240657835_160501724029920_332752_3108724_n.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

The Bengal famine of 1943 (তেতাল্লিশের মণ্বন্তর) occurred in undivided Bengal (now independent Bangladesh and the Indian state of West Bengal) in 1943. It is estimated that over three million people died from starvation, malnutrition and related illnesses during the famine. The photographer was William Vandivert. See the true face of British Raj and how they governed India at the end of their reign

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

@ During this critical times, AK Fuzlul Huq was the Chief Minister of Bengal. Infact he was choicen as war time minister. At that time once the Azad Hind Fouz of Subash Chandra Bose and Japanese Army were knowing at the door of Burma, even some elements of Japanese Forces captured Imphal and Khohima(Manipur & Nagaland part of India) the Chief Minister under the instruction of British Commander destroyed all the country boats of Bengal specially in the Eastern Bengal. All foods were purchased by the Govt so that no food falls under the Japanese. Boats were destroyed so that Japanese could not used the local transport for ferrying the rivers. So, all these have a culminating effect on the famine of Bengal.

@ Now, about the role of Congress and Muslim Leaque. Both the political parties left the govt on the eve of Second World War once the Anglo-Indian govt unitarilly declared war against Japan. Most of members of Congress in Bengal whole heartedly supported the Azad Hind Fouz and volenters both male and female fled to Burma and joined Azad Hind Fouz. No Congressman was visible as most of were already in jail. On the otherhand the members of Muslim Leaque and their followers supported the British Govt and many joined in the British Army. During these whole period of war the Muslim Leaque Leaders silently organised their party throughout Bengal and before the end of the war became an absolute majority party in Bengal.

@ It was during this time the American soldiers came to Bengal. Infact they came here to help the Chineese Forces of Chiankaishak who was fighting with the Japanese Army on the North of Burma. He needs logistic support. More than 30 airports, aerodrames, airstrips were made through out East Bengal during this time. Both Tejgaon and Kormitola airports were build during this times. We still donnot know the names of many airports /airstrips were made during that time. These are now declared abondoned. Some of them are, Feni, Commilla, Hatazari, Dohazari, Potukhali, Thakurgaon, Lalmonir Hat, Ishurdi etc. Broadguage lines from Calcutta to Parbartipur were doubled over night. Troops and war materials used to come from Calcutta to Parbattipur than towards Assam(Dimapur) and than through air to China. That was the save route to China for logistic in those war time situation.

@ And the poor Bengalee people suffered a lot and see the picture. There is nice movie from Calcutta, " Oshni Shongket", about this famine of 1943.

Back
Top Bottom