What's new

Old Bangla Photos

Let me repeat
he is not involved in the development of Bengali culture, language, food, dance

Why, as a Bengali, will I be interested in him ?

@ Oow!!! I see, you are a Bengali, "Bangalee Babu", so called "Badra Lok" of Calcutta. So, dada Bengalee culture is a combination of both Muslim and Hindu rulers. You have a Bengalee hindu hero like Master Da Surjo Sen, Pritilotta, Khudiram etc. Similarly we also have Bengalee muslim hero, and Bakhtiar Khiljee was one of them.

In the true sense these three Bengalee leaders had no contribution to the development of muslim interest of Bengal. Surjo Sen was the General Secretary of Congress in Chittagong. Suddenly he went underground and joined the terrorist organisation(as per British version) known as "Onushilon and Joganter". Soon he looted the Chittagong British Police armoury. Pritilota was his followers. She also raided the night club of English people at Sholoshar(Chittagong) and died in the operation. Khudiram was also member of these organisation who probably in 1909 blasted a bomb in front of Vice Roy of India at Bogra was caught and hanged. Surjo Sen while hiding was caught by the British police on the information of one Brahmon.

My question is why these people were fighting against the British in a wrong time and in a wrong place ?
Did they consulted the muslim leaders in a muslim majority areas ?
So far I understand these people initially started the movement once Bengal was divided in 1905 into two and it continued till 30s even after the Division of Bengal was annulled in 1911. I think they were being inspired by the movement of "Saniatsen" of China in 1909. There is saying that "Chin jaglu (1909), Japan jaglu(1995 War of Port Auther where Japanese defeated the Russians) Bangalee jagbe kobe". And today they became a national hero.

Yes, I salute Subash Chandra Bose for revolting against the British and made a" Azad Hind Fouz".

Healthy discussion related to photos and history are enjoyable. Learning a lot of things.....

@ Photos without history have no charm, no value. Let me see the pictures in detail and I will bring history on it.

@ Yes, I fully agree with you that Sena Dynasty converted the Bhuddhist forcefully to lower caste Hindus but in which proccess ? In those days no convertee was allowed in Hinduism. It was the process which I mentioned about the "Sharaen Mandir". In those days once Bnegal came under Sena rule they immediately made many many Mandirs where the Young "Brahmons" were place to preach their religion. All the local women/grown up girls were ordered/forced to stay at the newly constructed "Mandirs". In the process the child was declared legal and now called a "Khattro" or low caste Hindu. These "Khattros" were given the task to join in the army and through out the next generation remained as military force.

Can you please give me the sources for the madir thing?

By the way there is no khattro caste in bengal, also there is no warrior caste in bengal. Furthermore, a warrior caste is considered a high caste in the hindu caste system.

@ Few Sylheti Khalasi cannot make three British constituency in UK ????? In the three constituency the Sylheties are the deciding factor. Every after 5 years during the election time the Conservative and Labour candidates visits Sylhet for campaign. However it is a thought for study. I heard it from old Sylheti people. I have one book, I will search it and inform you. Thanks.

You are leading from one bs to another one. We know there are plenty of Sylheti in UK and you dont need to bring that up. No, Few Khalasis did not make all those people rather after 2nd world war when there were acute shortage of man power in Europe, England also imported many numbers from sub continent. As Sylhetis already there, they took their familly and relatives there. Also there are marriages and other means, how they managed to take more people. I never heard of refugee factor, in fact I never met a single refugee who migrated to UK even though I am from Sylhet and been in UK and USA for many years.

@ Yes, I fully agree with you that no ordinary Buddhist people flee less the Monk. But in a soicity like greater Bengal there were many Monks. Many were killed in mass. Their all religious "Pegodas" were destroyed, their "Behares" were destroyed and latter on the blame was given on the Muslim invaders like Iktiyar Uddin Buktier Khilji.

That is not factually correct. Please back your claim with appropriate source before uttering bs.

There were no record of Sena dynasty destroying Pegodas and killing Monks. Infact Nalanda the top learning center of Buddhism was still operational by the end of Sena dyanasty which were teaching Buddhism along with some Hindu philosopy.
Sena dynasty earned its bad name by introducing caste system back in Bengal, kicking Buddhist out of political arena, and placing buddhist as the lowest caste Hindus. Bollal Sen went as far as banning Cow slaughter in Bengal. Buddhist lost their political and social status and were thrown into the lowest sect of the society.

Bhaktiyar Khilji was as Bengali as Job Charnok ever were.

And whats up with bangladeshis calling indian bengalis "bengali babu", there are derogatory terms for bangladeshis as well.

Can you please give me the sources for the madir thing?

By the way there is no khattro caste in bengal, also there is no warrior caste in bengal. Furthermore, a warrior caste is considered a high caste in the hindu caste system.

@ Go to Mahastangarh,Bogra at the Majar of Shah Sultan Barkhi Mahi Sawar, you will find many local writer books.I have not search in the internate.
@ Among the main four caste of Hindus, Khotras was the last and Brahmons were the first.

@ Go to Mahastangarh,Bogra at the Majar of Shah Sultan Barkhi Mahi Sawar, you will find many local writer books.I have not search in the internate.
@ Among the main four caste of Hindus, Khotras was the last and Brahmons were the first.

Well i read a lot of books about sena dyansty, there were forced conversions, but no accounts of the women in the mandir thing

The are no khotra caste in bengal, or even in other parts of medival india

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

^ Brahm0n, Khatriyo, Boissha, Shudra.... Shudra lowest.

Well those are varnas not caste. And sudra arent the lowest, dalits are.

@ Oow!!! I see, you are a Bengali, "Bangalee Babu", so called "Badra Lok" of Calcutta. So, dada Bengalee culture is a combination of both Muslim and Hindu rulers. You have a Bengalee hindu hero like Master Da Surjo Sen, Pritilotta, Khudiram etc. Similarly we also have Bengalee muslim hero, and Bakhtiar Khiljee was one of them.

In the true sense these three Bengalee leaders had no contribution to the development of muslim interest of Bengal. Surjo Sen was the General Secretary of Congress in Chittagong. Suddenly he went underground and joined the terrorist organisation(as per British version) known as "Onushilon and Joganter". Soon he looted the Chittagong British Police armoury. Pritilota was his followers. She also raided the night club of English people at Sholoshar(Chittagong) and died in the operation. Khudiram was also member of these organisation who probably in 1909 blasted a bomb in front of Vice Roy of India at Bogra was caught and hanged. Surjo Sen while hiding was caught by the British police on the information of one Brahmon.

My question is why these people were fighting against the British in a wrong time and in a wrong place ?
So far I understand these people initially started the movement once Bengal was divided in 1905 into two and it continued till 30s even after the Division of Bengal was annulled in 1911. I think they were being inspired by the movement of "Saniatsen" of China in 1909. There is saying that "Chin jaglu (1909), Japan jaglu(1995 War of Port Auther where Japanese defeated the Russians) Bangalee jagbe kobe". And today they became a national hero.

Yes, I salute Subash Chandra Bose for revolting against the British and made a" Azad Hind Fouz".

Dear Sir,

Bangalee Babu etc etc.. signifies a racist undertone..
I am not going to indulge in the same because it does not go with my profile..
I am as Hindu as you want to be.. as Muslim as you want to be..
What I cannot be is a man full of hatred for others...who divides people in the name of religion

when i am talking about Bengali culture .. I am talking about Hindu, Muslim, christian, Buddhist etc etc aspect..
Bengali culuture to me is a mother which has a Hindu son, Muslim son .. even tribal son..
she is blind in her love for every son and does not discriminate..

I don;t want to indulge in a racist one that divides people but in a culture that gives the confidence to potray my food, novelists, dances, literature etc to outsiders and makes me proud of them

Thank You Sir. It was nice engaging with you. As I have said earlier a post defines the character of a person !!

If bengali hindus and muslims consulted each other during the struggle for independence, we would have kicked out the british easily. However, during those times, british divide and rule policy was very strong. Hindus and muslims couldnt trust each other that time

That is not factually correct. Please back your claim with appropriate source before uttering bs.

There were no record of Sena dynasty destroying Pegodas and killing Monks. Infact Nalanda the top learning center of Buddhism was still operational by the end of Sena dyanasty which were teaching Buddhism along with some Hindu philosopy.
Sena dynasty earned its bad name by introducing caste system back in Bengal, kicking Buddhist out of political arena, and placing buddhist as the lowest caste Hindus. Bollal Sen went as far as banning Cow slaughter in Bengal. [/COLOR]Buddhist lost their political and social status and were thrown into the lowest sect of the society.[/QUOTE]

@ What is the use of banning cow slaughter once there is no muslim visible in Bengal in those days.

@ Buddhist were thrown into lowest sect of Hinduism of the soceity but how ??? During those days no convertee were allowed in Hinduism and it was strickly followed throughout India. That was the reason Hinduism did not spread much except Indian sub-continent.

@ About the refugee migration to Britain let's take the opinion of Al-Zaker who is also from Sylhet.

@ About the mass killing of Buddhist Monks and destroying their Pegodas I will come later.

@ In those days, I mean during the time of Sena Dynasty majority population of Bengal had officially no religion. They were neither Buddhist nor Hindus. Ofcourse animists were there. In those days the people of Bengal used to go to Arrakan for "Tezarat" and than the local businessman came across with Arab/Middle East Darbesh/Faqirs. It was these local Buddhist who invited them to Bengal for preaching the new religion,"Islam". In those days Bengal became a furtile land for preaching Islam. That was the reason for which the local people quickly converted to Muslim.

Dear Sir,

Bangalee Babu etc etc.. signifies a racist undertone..
I am not going to indulge in the same because it does not go with my profile..
I am as Hindu as you want to be.. as Muslim as you want to be..
What I cannot be is a man full of hatred for others...who divides people in the name of religion

when i am talking about Bengali culture .. I am talking about Hindu, Muslim, christian, Buddhist etc etc aspect..
Bengali culuture to me is a mother which has a Hindu son, Muslim son .. even tribal son..
she is blind in her love for every son and does not discriminate..

I don;t want to indulge in a racist one that divides people but in a culture that gives the confidence to potray my food, novelists, dances, literature etc to outsiders and makes me proud of them

Thank You Sir. It was nice engaging with you. As I have said earlier a post defines the character of a person !!

@ Thanks good reply, may be kept as reference for others.

Back
Top Bottom